Author Topic: Bter hacked. PTS, bitassets withdrawal successful. Share you experience.  (Read 123013 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Its a bad business model.. U shouldnt throw good money after bad.. Itll goto waste..central exchsnges are a thing of the past.. If we want to buy users we can do it in more efficient ways
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline klosure

• View Profile
Klosure..Noone said not to do it. In fact I said Do It!  (Not that my opinion should matter if you intently disagree.)

It does not sound like you are here wanting to take the risk though. ..
I have no reason or incentive to take risks if I get no support. Done my market research on this forum. The result is: not gonna work. Time to cut the loss and move on, I have wasted more time than I was planning trying to ignite that discussion.

The bottom line is that without two large exchanges the little alpha that existed on Bitshares is gone. Creating a Ripple bridge or acquiring BTER were the two big tickets items that could have kept the hearbeat going and made Bitshares worth trading on.

I'll keep a tab on how things are moving here but given the sample of inertia I have just witnessed I'm not expecting miracles.

Offline klosure

• View Profile

I've outlined how I think it should be done...in a way that puts the risks directly on those philosophically inclined to buying out BTER and does it in a way that gives those who take the risk a large portion of the benefit while giving the BitShare's ecosystem some level of Plausible Deniability when Inevitably all those posters with Dan and Stan's heads on communist Russia propaganda start becoming popular memes all over crypto.
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either the community makes some commitments and stands to benefit from initiatives. Or it doesn't and then things don't happen and people move on.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
I'm tired of trying to convince this community that having a customer base is critical or that the best time to acquire a business is when it's on the verge of failure. Dilution has been abused for all the wrong reasons but it won't be allowed for a good reason. Delegates are abused for all sorts of superficial matters but it won't be allocated to meaningful business moves like acquiring a customer base.

This the the second proposal I make that goes nowhere due to a total lack of perspective here. I proposed bridging Ripple to Bitshares to bring in liquidity and would have happily developed it myself but was opposed with libertarian rethoric that Ripple is centralized and bank friendly and therefore evil (nevermind the liquidity). Now people seem unable to see beyond the superficial of a failed exchange to look at its assets (nevermind the customer base, the liquidity, the ecosystem and the infrastructure).

This community really lacks business accumen and seems content maintaining the status quo. So be it. I wish you people all the best.

Klosure..Noone said not to do it. In fact I said Do It!  (Not that my opinion should matter if you intently disagree.

It feels more like you are expecting everyone to be 100% for this.   It isn't going to happen...if that is what you are waiting for.

Yes you said do it, and you said many other things also. So what?
Are you post this to claim Klosure is not capable of understanding your point?
Oh, please stop to post like this to HURT Klosure even more.
My respect to Klosure and to many Klosures in the past.

I am not sure what you mean.  Would you like to join me in mumble for a few?

My point is perhaps communicate skills. I'm with you on many many issues fuzzy, even on this buyout one. But often you are a bit offensive and a bit lack of respect of others. actually maybe it's the whole community "problem". I'm a little picky on you, because I have high expectation on you. Sorry for confusion。

Interesting. I find you a bit offensive and feel Fuzzy is often a calming voice in a sea of Jerry Springer on the forums. Different opinions I assume.

I should say sometimes I'm rude, sorry for that!
Partially because I'm very very depressed under BTS's low price.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
I'm tired of trying to convince this community that having a customer base is critical or that the best time to acquire a business is when it's on the verge of failure. Dilution has been abused for all the wrong reasons but it won't be allowed for a good reason. Delegates are abused for all sorts of superficial matters but it won't be allocated to meaningful business moves like acquiring a customer base.

This the the second proposal I make that goes nowhere due to a total lack of perspective here. I proposed bridging Ripple to Bitshares to bring in liquidity and would have happily developed it myself but was opposed with libertarian rethoric that Ripple is centralized and bank friendly and therefore evil (nevermind the liquidity). Now people seem unable to see beyond the superficial of a failed exchange to look at its assets (nevermind the customer base, the liquidity, the ecosystem and the infrastructure).

This community really lacks business accumen and seems content maintaining the status quo. So be it. I wish you people all the best.

Klosure..Noone said not to do it. In fact I said Do It!  (Not that my opinion should matter if you intently disagree.

It feels more like you are expecting everyone to be 100% for this.   It isn't going to happen...if that is what you are waiting for.

My point is perhaps communicate skills. I'm with you on many many issues fuzzy, even on this buyout one. But often you are a bit offensive and a bit lack of respect of others. actually maybe it's the whole community "problem". I'm a little picky on you, because I have high expectation on you. Sorry for confusion。

Interesting. I find you a bit offensive and feel Fuzzy is often a calming voice in a sea of Jerry Springer on the forums. Different opinions I assume.

Offline fuzzy

Or maybe it is that we are using forums where tone of voice is absent along with a number of other communication inefficiencies

I'll just track this up to "you can't make everyone happy all the time".

I'll be on mumble later tonight if anyone has "beef" ;P
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Wall street bailouts led to the biggest rally in the us stock market in history... I know many of you are zero hedge tinfoil hat people and think it's rigged, but you are rich if you bought stocks when the banks were bailed out.

Wrong.  You would be rich if you had bought bitcoin when the banks were bailed out.  You would not have even tripled your money in stocks.  Google the greatest stock market rallies in history.  This one is not it.

Not here to argue what the greatest investment in the world was from 2008 onward... Just saying the bailouts led to a huge rally in stocks and maybe a bailout here would lead to a similar result.

Well I will down vote a bailout delegate and I am sure others will to.

Exactly, we can always do that.

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

I haven't looked too in-depth at voting, but I thought the rules were that you could only "approve" a delegate that you like, and it wasn't possible to "downvote" delegates you don't agree with...?

But yea, it's fairly obvious a delegate specifically for this wouldn't gain very wide approval. But that's the beauty of BitShares -- the delegate can be made and the shareholders can come to a consensus with their voting power. If the widespread consensus is against any kind of bailout, that will be shown through votes. Sounds fair to me.

Yes! I don't understand how this isn't fair to others. If you believe in an idea, put your money behind and work to gain support.  You don't need anyone's permission or opinion for that matter.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Klosure..Noone said not to do it. In fact I said Do It!  (Not that my opinion should matter if you intently disagree.)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:06:35 am by fuzzy »

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

I share your  frustration. At least you tried, and tried hard.
It's kinda funny that people who seldom(or reluctant to?) use the bts wallet has so much followers in the community.

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

Translation: If someone doesn't agree with your proposal, they lack business acumen. Okay.

I applaud you for coming up with the idea and making the attempt to gain support from the community.

Offline klosure

• View Profile