Author Topic: Bter hacked. PTS, bitassets withdrawal successful. Share you experience.  (Read 120605 times)

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
To all those of you have large amounts of BTS on Bter, you get what you deserve. You could have been trading BTS:BitBTC on our own system.

JAJAJAJAJAJ

yeah can say too, if you never buy bts sure not have this problems WTF
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline Riverhead

Do we know whether BTS also have been stolen? Sadly bitsharesblocks.com is down atm too se we can't check. Or can we?

You can browse back through the blocks and look for large transactions. However since it was a cold wallet theft I'm thinking it was a social hack. The only way to steal from a cold wallet is to get the private key. If it was truly a cold wallet that would require physical access by definition. I suspect it was a warm wallet (stored online but not used).

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
To all those of you have large amounts of BTS on Bter, you get what you deserve. You could have been trading BTS:BitBTC on our own system.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Do we know whether BTS also have been stolen? Sadly bitsharesblocks.com is down atm too se we can't check. Or can we?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I hope their bts cold storage is more secured ...

Offline joele

• View Profile
What?! cold wallet got hacked? on Feb 14 Valentines day? someone dated a hacker !

sumantso

Hopefully they won't take a cut of the remaining coins. Please get the light wallet out ASAP.

lzr1900

7170 BTC got stolen from our cold wallet in this transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx/f5b0363f03e1ed8bb812c135361ea93590c831ce9f13a3750be1b93575baccc6

720 BTC bounty for chasing it back.

All wallets have been shut down and withdrawals of unaffected coins will be arranged later.

BTER.com
Email:support@mail.bter.com
Phone:400-0070-955
QQ: 4000070955

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Yeah, but imagine what the world would think if we successfully thwarted a blatantly obvious MtGox type heist by voting as a community to roll back a couple transactions on the blockchian (and the transactions that sprouted from those of course) and returned to them to the affected party (BTER).

We would look like superman-coin!

And of course we could explain to Max Keiser, USA Today, Wall Strett Journal, Bloomberg, etc., that this was something that could only easily be done right now because our coin and community is so small (so no future guarantees)

reimburse those affected via donations.  Of course it would be much easier right now because hardly anybody is using  our blockchain.

What good is our BitShares VOTING capability if we cannot vote to thwart the greatest criminal villain mastermind in BTS history!

We would say that once 1.0 comes out, then it's every man, woman, and centralized exchange for themselves from that point onward or something to that nature.

If we do nothing but take it, then the price of BTS will fall like BTC after MtGox, if we become the first blockchain in history to thwart a crime, then we would gain the "centralized community control margin of safety" that causes Ripple to be such a high market cap that we crave.

BitShares - the first and only safe AND decentralized crypto (Ripple is "safely controlled" but not decentralized).

Safety builds confidence, and investors love confidence and transparency.

worth a brainstorm on that idea for sure!

Offline Volker

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Volker
In case bts in bter hacked, can we vote to fork and reverse the transaction?

Can the block explorer show if there were large movements?

I hope its possible to hardfork and remove them. My laptop can't run the client so I was waiting for the light client to withdraw my balance; and if indeed BTS has been lost that would, well, don't want to think about it now.

BTS must remain fungible. If we start hardforking to take money back from thieves, it undermines fungibility.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Apparently their BTC wallet was emptied (7300BTC). If you follow the transactions you'll see the coins are being split up. Not good.

http://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Bter.com-cold
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:25:27 pm by Method-X »

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
. Their support is still responsive though.

Dear Sir, Our dev is doing security checking currently. Our dev will try to finish it as soon as possible

Please kindly keep an eye on our website for the update

Best Regards Bter.com   

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2vylrm/btercom_offline/com1vb]

Revolution is inevitable.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
My laptop can't run the client so I was waiting for the light client to withdraw my balance; and if indeed BTS has been lost that would, well, don't want to think about it now.

Same as me, I really didn't want to keep BTS on there but had no choice. This does not look good :(
Revolution is inevitable.

sumantso

In case bts in bter hacked, can we vote to fork and reverse the transaction?

Can the block explorer show if there were large movements?

I hope its possible to hardfork and remove them. My laptop can't run the client so I was waiting for the light client to withdraw my balance; and if indeed BTS has been lost that would, well, don't want to think about it now.