Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389844 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow

quesiont: is login password part of "profile data" ?
No, I checked the code and it's not used in the key generation itself, so you don't need to remember it for regeneration of your key.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
Help!

I'm a Keyhotee founder ID user and I'm sure that I registered it suscessfully with 0.7 version. Actually, my founder ID is "Mike HAO" which is listed in btsx genesis block acount list as "mikeh-hao".

My problem is, when I try to log in on my computer today for getting the private key to claim the ID in BTSX, I found I forget my Keyhotee login password, actually I think I remember it but anyway I tried hundreds times but failed.

So per my understanding of the mechanism of Keyhotee ID, I created a new acount w/ exactly same register profile info and brain key so that I believe I could re-generate my acount to get the into it and get the private key for BTSX. I think I succeed to get my acount re-generated since when I create a "new identity" w/ "Mike HAO", system remind me that I've created a similar ID before.. I notice that, both of mail network and btsx network status in right bottom concern of the client is both "disconnected". So maybe that's why my "Mike HAO" ID not shows in the client now...?

So in summary, my question is:

1. As I described above, did I re-generated my acount sucessfully? If not, how can I do?
2. If yes to first quesion, no ID in the re-generated account now is due to no network? If no, then why no ID in the list?
3. If yes to second question, when could we have the newwork available then I could access to my "Mike HAO" ID and get the private key for BTSX...

BTW, at that time, I posted my public key "5cU7QvmB7ZLxcVjm1bwmvSmgZxduqZGFBgMDh8TPhkdYMnjSgS" here and you confirmed it recorded, which is true because it's in BTSX genesis block now. And I'm using the last release windows verions(0.7.230-win32) now.

Appreciated if you could look it and provide me your advice..

Thanks a lot.
1) It sounds like you successfully regenerated your key. If the public key you got matches your old one, then you have regenerated your key sucessfully.
2) it's quite possible the mail server for KH is down right now, I've not been involved with mail server handling for a few months now. I logged on to the server just now, and it "appears" to not be running for some reason, don't know why.
3) You don't need the mail server to access your private key. Your private key is stored in your Keyhotee client itself along with your public key. You just need to export this key to your bitshares client. I haven't done this yet myself, but the procedure for it is here:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_X_Solutions#How_to_import_Keyhotee_IDs

Thanks for quick response.

1. The new public key does not match the old one. But the client remind me that I've registered this ID(Mike HAO), and does not allow me to "save" it. The new public key is "76UX9KAnd4Au6d6EDqRSKQQjsLBDqvk8j6UpjaswatEreSVkMb", while the old one is "5cU7QvmB7ZLxcVjm1bwmvSmgZxduqZGFBgMDh8TPhkdYMnjSgS". I still think I've succeeded to re-generate mu account, otherwise how system could identify I(my acount) already had ID "Mike HAO" when the client not being sync to the newwork.

2. I know the process to claim my ID on BTSX, but I could not access to ID "Mike HAO" now, since there is no ID in my new re-generated account and I could not re-create "Mike HAO" in this account due to system identify it's as duplicated... and no private key could be exported...

Any further advice...? Thanks.
If you're getting a different public key, you haven't successfully regenerated your account. To get the correct public key regenerated, you need the exact profile data previously entered (and the exact same KeyhoteeId).

quesiont: is login password part of "profile data" ?
PTS: PmUT7H6e7Hvp9WtKtxphK8AMeRndnow2S8   /   BTC: 1KsJzs8zYppVHBp7CbyvQAYrEAWXEcNvmp   /   BTSX: yidaidaxia (暂用)
新浪微博: yidaidaxia_郝晓曦 QQ:36191175试手补天

Offline king

• View Profile
I registered keyhotee founder "King" and "Value", took part in the 0.5.3 version of the test, but did not participate in the 0.7.x version of the test, in BTSX the genesis block, there is no written my founder, how should I do ?
All the unregistered Keyhotee Founder Ids were registered with a placeholder key. Once things cool down a bit, there'll be some instructions about how unregistered founders will be able to claim their IDs. But right now all developers are working 7 days a week on functionality and stability of bitsharesX itself.

Okay, but now I want to get the founder of btsx, how should I do it?
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
I registered keyhotee founder "King" and "Value", took part in the 0.5.3 version of the test, but did not participate in the 0.7.x version of the test, in BTSX the genesis block, there is no written my founder, how should I do ?
All the unregistered Keyhotee Founder Ids were registered with a placeholder key. Once things cool down a bit, there'll be some instructions about how unregistered founders will be able to claim their IDs. But right now all developers are working 7 days a week on functionality and stability of bitsharesX itself.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Dan, what is the status on the updated working version of Keyhote 7.0 for OSX?  I am still waiting on a working version to be able to re-register my founder ID.

Thanks
My group finally does have a Mac system to test with, but unfortunately we don't have one that has the problem that some Mac systems have (seems to be some older Macs). I know of one person loosely associated with Hypertas that has a system with the problem, but collecting data from them isn't easy and we don't have anyone to analyze it at the moment anyways. Once BitSharesX development cools down a little, we can assign someone to finally put this issue to bed. For now, I recommend just using a friend's machine to register your founder ID (just make sure you record ALL your profile information, probably take a screenshot even).

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
What is the general status of keyhotee atm? Can you also update us to any revised visions of the product?  And offer a timeline for production?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Over the past few months, it's mostly just been bug fixes and minor feature improvements in Keyhotee because of the focus on bitsharesX. The last major change of recent times that I'm aware of was code for integrating Keyhotee with the Bitshares wallet (and code to allow integration with other web wallets as well). That code is about 90% done, probably just needs some minor cleanup once we can assign someone to it (recently all the remaining programmers were pulled off to help with the release of BitsharesX and followup  releases).

The three biggest features that need to be implemented currently are 1) integration with the new bitshares toolkit-based blockchains, 2) cleanup code associated with instant messaging, and 3) a revised methodology for sending to multiple recipients (currently a separate message is generated to each recipient, which is rather inefficient, IMO).

I don't expect any of the above work to start immediately as I suspect we'll be tied up with bitsharesX related issues for a few weeks.

Offline king

• View Profile
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline James212

• View Profile
Dan, what is the status on the updated working version of Keyhote 7.0 for OSX?  I am still waiting on a working version to be able to re-register my founder ID.

Thanks
BTS: theangelwaveproject

bitbro

What is the general status of keyhotee atm? Can you also update us to any revised visions of the product?  And offer a timeline for production?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Help!

I'm a Keyhotee founder ID user and I'm sure that I registered it suscessfully with 0.7 version. Actually, my founder ID is "Mike HAO" which is listed in btsx genesis block acount list as "mikeh-hao".

My problem is, when I try to log in on my computer today for getting the private key to claim the ID in BTSX, I found I forget my Keyhotee login password, actually I think I remember it but anyway I tried hundreds times but failed.

So per my understanding of the mechanism of Keyhotee ID, I created a new acount w/ exactly same register profile info and brain key so that I believe I could re-generate my acount to get the into it and get the private key for BTSX. I think I succeed to get my acount re-generated since when I create a "new identity" w/ "Mike HAO", system remind me that I've created a similar ID before.. I notice that, both of mail network and btsx network status in right bottom concern of the client is both "disconnected". So maybe that's why my "Mike HAO" ID not shows in the client now...?

1. As I described above, did I re-generated my acount sucessfully? If not, how can I do?
2. If yes to first quesion, no ID in the re-generated account now is due to no network? If no, then why no ID in the list?
3. If yes to second question, when could we have the newwork available then I could access to my "Mike HAO" ID and get the private key for BTSX...

BTW, at that time, I posted my public key "5cU7QvmB7ZLxcVjm1bwmvSmgZxduqZGFBgMDh8TPhkdYMnjSgS" here and you confirmed it recorded, which is true because it's in BTSX genesis block now. And I'm using the last release windows verions(0.7.230-win32) now.

Thanks a lot.
1) It sounds like you successfully regenerated your key. If the public key you got matches your old one, then you have regenerated your key sucessfully.
2) it's quite possible the mail server for KH is down right now, I've not been involved with mail server handling for a few months now. I logged on to the server just now, and it "appears" to not be running for some reason, don't know why.
3) You don't need the mail server to access your private key. Your private key is stored in your Keyhotee client itself along with your public key. You just need to export this key to your bitshares client. I haven't done this yet myself, but the procedure for it is here:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_X_Solutions#How_to_import_Keyhotee_IDs

1. The new public key does not match the old one. But the client remind me that I've registered this ID(Mike HAO), and does not allow me to "save" it. The new public key is "76UX9KAnd4Au6d6EDqRSKQQjsLBDqvk8j6UpjaswatEreSVkMb", while the old one is "5cU7QvmB7ZLxcVjm1bwmvSmgZxduqZGFBgMDh8TPhkdYMnjSgS". I still think I've succeeded to re-generate mu account, otherwise how system could identify I(my acount) already had ID "Mike HAO" when the client not being sync to the newwork.

2. I know the process to claim my ID on BTSX, but I could not access to ID "Mike HAO" now, since there is no ID in my new re-generated account and I could not re-create "Mike HAO" in this account due to system identify it's as duplicated... and no private key could be exported...

If you're getting a different public key, you haven't successfully regenerated your account. To get the correct public key regenerated, you need the exact profile data previously entered (and the exact same KeyhoteeId).

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Sorry that I've tried all possible combinations, but they don't work.
Is there any solution for this kind of situation? Or should I just give up?

I just went thru the founder server logs and if I'm interpreting things correctly, it looks you originally used the correct capitalization, but that you had the wrong Founder code entered. Is the email address you used when you initially got your Keyhotee ID unchanged? If so, I can resend you your founder code.

Hello,
It turns out the founder codes you sent are the same with what I have now.
I think the difference should be the pubkey.
the pubkey of "jimewu" when I try to register now is "7SFLVfajtLFRPn4DKax8DxgxzupumUZ54dP48xDs2g449J2f9D",
but it was "8ZC9yw9XSB1WyQqpVRphEa27VQz1uE6okjhdvzeDYu1uvpGQtK" in pre-0.7.0,
and "8feWmErUhkgxD8QnFpi1tixYvnDrZwjddDhHADFHm9zFv2mz7Q".

The sitution of another ID "Apple" is the same.

Also I found no matter what password I choose, the pubkey of "jimewu" always returns "7SFLVfajtLFRPn4DKax8DxgxzupumUZ54dP48xDs2g449J2f9D", rather than "8feWmErUhkgxD8QnFpi1tixYvnDrZwjddDhHADFHm9zFv2mz7Q" I recorded.
Shouldn't them be correlated?

Anything else I could do?
Thank you
If you're getting a different public key, it means you're not entering the same profile info. The public key generated is a function of your keyhoteeId, first name, middle name, last name, and brainwallet key.

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
Sorry that I've tried all possible combinations, but they don't work.
Is there any solution for this kind of situation? Or should I just give up?

I just went thru the founder server logs and if I'm interpreting things correctly, it looks you originally used the correct capitalization, but that you had the wrong Founder code entered. Is the email address you used when you initially got your Keyhotee ID unchanged? If so, I can resend you your founder code.

Hello,
It turns out the founder codes you sent are the same with what I have now.
I think the difference should be the pubkey.
the pubkey of "jimewu" when I try to register now is "7SFLVfajtLFRPn4DKax8DxgxzupumUZ54dP48xDs2g449J2f9D",
but it was "8ZC9yw9XSB1WyQqpVRphEa27VQz1uE6okjhdvzeDYu1uvpGQtK" in pre-0.7.0,
and "8feWmErUhkgxD8QnFpi1tixYvnDrZwjddDhHADFHm9zFv2mz7Q".

The sitution of another ID "Apple" is the same.

Also I found no matter what password I choose, the pubkey of "jimewu" always returns "7SFLVfajtLFRPn4DKax8DxgxzupumUZ54dP48xDs2g449J2f9D", rather than "8feWmErUhkgxD8QnFpi1tixYvnDrZwjddDhHADFHm9zFv2mz7Q" I recorded.
Shouldn't them be correlated?

Anything else I could do?
Thank you
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
Help!

Thanks a lot.

PTS: PmUT7H6e7Hvp9WtKtxphK8AMeRndnow2S8   /   BTC: 1KsJzs8zYppVHBp7CbyvQAYrEAWXEcNvmp   /   BTSX: yidaidaxia (暂用)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Help!

Thanks a lot.

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
Help!

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:02:26 pm by yidaidaxia »