Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 62532 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

with only $37,000 24h volume we are 5% down... what does it mean? ( I ask the traders to interpret what means low volume with increased price volatility)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Can someone give me a short sum up about the dilution and merger? I thought 5k was cheap but now I have the feeling that sub 2k might still be not the bottom.

I will appreciate any helpful input for better understanding regarding the price crash!

The Origin of BitShares, Part 8,  Experimenting and Pivoting

Does the merger have anything to do with the price?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
Can someone give me a short sum up about the dilution and merger? I thought 5k was cheap but now I have the feeling that sub 2k might still be not the bottom.

I will appreciate any helpful input for better understanding regarding the price crash!

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Pay it like it's a bill that has to be paid.

Haha I love this one!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
... enjoy these prices while they last. These levels of market cap won't last forever.

Exactly, but then they'll whine about how they can't afford it anymore, it's overpriced, blah blah blah.
Quit watching the damn cap and price and just invest what you can every month.
Pay it like it's a bill that has to be paid.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Everybody wishes they could find The Next Big Thing.
Everybody thinks those who have done so in the past got lucky.
No.
It's about doing your homework.
The fundamentals could not be more clear.
Invest accordingly.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:35:57 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Despite the whole negativity and the major hit in BTS price I am pretty confident that soon (by the end of 2015) BTS will be x 10 of the current market cap (So What...). Unless for some reason the Devs just give up, which I doubt they will.BM is a man with a vision and there are few people with vision nowadays....Will you sell at $150 mil market cap something that has the potential to be worth billions in the next couple of years?

We haven't seen anything yet, so take a deep breath all. Think about long term potential and enjoy these prices while they last. These levels of market cap won't last forever.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Very painful to see if spelt out, I really don't understand why Bitshares are taking such a hit though.

I think they have lost trust  ... And it is quite difficult to win it back...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

fact is nearly all coins are in a downtrend, and fact is nxt, counterparty, mastercoin, ethereum, bitcoin foundation, etc. are struggling as much if not more than we are.. fact is everyone in crypto have underestimated the cost associated with revolutionizing finance. fact is if we all go up again to 150 million, bitshares devs would be making $10k a month. fact is there is a good chance the whole space, bitcoin included, is in its deceptive phase. fact is even at this price things are getting done that wouldn't have been without the delegate system. fact is most of the vc cash flowing into this space is going to solutions that break with honest principles, and they will suffer from centralized control down the line, just like gox did, just like ripple did, just like the bitcoin foundation did. fact is most people don't "get it" yet, and they won't until there is a new bubble, and by then we are ready with a decentralized, sound economically viable system.

Wow dude.  +5%

In a race you don't win by looking at where everyone else is at.. you win by keeping your focus ahead and your eye on the finish line.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
fact is nearly all coins are in a downtrend, and fact is nxt, counterparty, mastercoin, ethereum, bitcoin foundation, etc. are struggling as much if not more than we are.. fact is everyone in crypto have underestimated the cost associated with revolutionizing finance. fact is if we all go up again to 150 million, bitshares devs would be making $10k a month. fact is there is a good chance the whole space, bitcoin included, is in its deceptive phase. fact is even at this price things are getting done that wouldn't have been without the delegate system. fact is most of the vc cash flowing into this space is going to solutions that break with honest principles, and they will suffer from centralized control down the line, just like gox did, just like ripple did, just like the bitcoin foundation did. fact is most people don't "get it" yet, and they won't until there is a new bubble, and by then we are ready with a decentralized, sound economically viable system.
almost my own thoughts. We need now to lay the bricks and mortar to be prepared if someone needs an alternative.

be prepared when the world is ready for the alternative.[/font]

I'm not sure you can blame the bear market for our poor performance since the merger.

Since the Merger on November 5th, the top alts have gained an average of 68% vs. BTC

DRK - UP 225%
XRP - UP 180%
STR - UP 125%
MAID - UP 45%
LTC - DOWN 35%
NXT -DOWN 25%
DGC - DOWN 20%
PAYCOIN - Did not exist

BitShares is the worst performer in the top 10 and has lost 55-65% in BTC terms since the merger.
(Since dilution became a serious reality obviously the numbers for BitShares are even worse and we’re down 70-75% vs. BTC) 

Bitcoin itself is down less 25% during that time.
Is there something you hope to accomplish by constantly blaming low market cap on past decisions? The fact is, it's impossible to know where we'd be now had things been done differently, and reversing those decisions now would just destabilize things further and create conflict.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

I'm not sure you can blame the bear market for our poor performance since the merger.

Since the Merger on November 5th, the top alts have gained an average of 68% vs. BTC

DRK - UP 225%
XRP - UP 180%
STR - UP 125%
MAID - UP 45%
LTC - DOWN 35%
NXT -DOWN 25%
DGC - DOWN 20%
PAYCOIN - Did not exist

BitShares is the worst performer in the top 10 and has lost 55-65% in BTC terms since the merger.
(Since dilution became a serious reality obviously the numbers for BitShares are even worse and we’re down 70-75% vs. BTC) 

Very painful to see if spelt out, I really don't understand why Bitshares are taking such a hit though. If those other alts are considered to have a fair valuation then Bitshares is so so incredibly undervalued right now it's insane.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
almost my own thoughts. We need now to lay the bricks and mortar to be prepared if someone needs an alternative.

DRK - UP 225%
XRP - UP 180%
STR - UP 125%
MAID - UP 45%
LTC - DOWN 35%
NXT -DOWN 25%
DGC - DOWN 20%
PAYCOIN - Did not exist

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:46:31 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

They will. 

Of course, if NXT could get somewhat decent transaction times it would be a pretty solid platform... of course I specifically recall them making all their huge decisions in "pooled proof of stake" as Dan was on our Mumble hangouts telling people how he thought things needed to be done.  They got halfway there...because they took it from BM, but they didn't get all the way because we have BM. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist