Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 62155 times)

Offline robrigo

The entire crypto space is fledgling. That includes Bitcoin. I suggest that those worried about  immediate results take a longer term view. A lot of dev work isn't being done in public repos, and the reason why the team isn't tempting the community with "big things" is precisely because they don't want to hype anything until it is finished.

These guys are trying to learn from the past by keeping the hype to a minimum until there is substance to back it. I'd rather have that than over promising and under delivering any day.

We won't see sustained growth until there is a sustainable market for bitshares technology. We likely won't see that until there is a stable release.

Cryptocurrency prices are all speculation. Invest in people. That's my $0.02 bitusd.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
2) We have heard about potential huge deals behind the scenes but nothing yet..So what is their purpose? To discourage all the current investors so new investors can get in at ridiculously low prices? Guess what these new investors will do when their investment suddenly doubles or more... New crash all over again..

I think we need some Huge announcements from the Devs at this point, some serious media coverage before it is really too late! Only the Devs can stop this downfall and I think its about time they act.

That's part of the problem. Before the devs were all "guys don't worry we have huge deals brewing behind the scenes! Gonna be EPIC!" People bought into that and were just waiting for the devs to deliver. When they don't deliver, panic ensues. So if there really are these "huge deals" brewing, we need more concrete details that prove things are actually happening. Devs remaining largely silent and showing slow progress at GitHub just makes it look like they can't really deliver on their promises.

The killer feature bitshares is missing is credibility and trustworthiness. Changing the supply schedule is a cardinal sin and absolutely nothing has been done to legitimize it

I hate seeing posts like this. First of all, it's impossible to directly correlate the drop in price with the change in supply. Second, the self-funding dilution could one day prove to be BTS' greatest weapon. We just don't know yet because all we're getting is speculative dumping. Third, Toast is a CORE DEV. If you feel so strongly about it why can't you talk this over with the other core devs? You have the power to shape the future of bitshares. Instead of bitching to us about how BTS is no longer trustworthy and has not legitimized its change in share supply, why can't you take this up with the other devs and come up with a CONCRETE answer to the problem together?

I sense a huge disconnect between the core devs and I'm just not feeling it.
I think he made it clear he doesnt believe in same things as other core members i doubt hes working on bts.. Probably helped cause the downtrend by selling his millions of bts and every bts he earns via delegate
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Devs ..... showing slow progress at GitHub just makes it look like they can't really deliver on their promises.

I started and ran a software company for over 16 years. As evil as this sounds, I used to actually enjoy FIRING the proven non-performers.. There were always hundreds of other coders beating my office door down for a job. Then the new coder would come in and bust out twice as much.
Github makes it very easy to prove who the top performers are.

A lot of us here are working for FREE.
Look, they either get their sh*t together, or pack their sh*t. VOTE.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
if you buy BTS , make sure you withdraw to your wallet , that's how you actually own BTS .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
2) We have heard about potential huge deals behind the scenes but nothing yet..So what is their purpose? To discourage all the current investors so new investors can get in at ridiculously low prices? Guess what these new investors will do when their investment suddenly doubles or more... New crash all over again..

I think we need some Huge announcements from the Devs at this point, some serious media coverage before it is really too late! Only the Devs can stop this downfall and I think its about time they act.

That's part of the problem. Before the devs were all "guys don't worry we have huge deals brewing behind the scenes! Gonna be EPIC!" People bought into that and were just waiting for the devs to deliver. When they don't deliver, panic ensues. So if there really are these "huge deals" brewing, we need more concrete details that prove things are actually happening. Devs remaining largely silent and showing slow progress at GitHub just makes it look like they can't really deliver on their promises.

The killer feature bitshares is missing is credibility and trustworthiness. Changing the supply schedule is a cardinal sin and absolutely nothing has been done to legitimize it

I hate seeing posts like this. First of all, it's impossible to directly correlate the drop in price with the change in supply. Second, the self-funding dilution could one day prove to be BTS' greatest weapon. We just don't know yet because all we're getting is speculative dumping. Third, Toast is a CORE DEV. If you feel so strongly about it why can't you talk this over with the other core devs? You have the power to shape the future of bitshares. Instead of bitching to us about how BTS is no longer trustworthy and has not legitimized its change in share supply, why can't you take this up with the other devs and come up with a CONCRETE answer to the problem together?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:57:28 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I think unfortunately Bitshares is going to become really centralized...

1) I think that at these levels most of the original investors who kept their BTS at all costs are very discouraged. Of course most of them appear to have already gone and dump BTS at any price..Discouraging people and dumping their investments has the consequence few whales to buy them and results in centralization of shares...

3) It looks to me that BTS had just 1 pump and then got dumped...We appear to be no different from any altcoin out there..Confidence gets destroyed day by day...

Unless you guys stop dumping your holdings NOW then BTS will become worthless very very soon and no matter what happens in the future, no matter the development, the progress and all the nice things that BTS could become no one is going to care...

I apologize for the tone of this post. I know many people and especially the Devs are doing whatever they can. I believe that this community has many honest people that want BTS to succeed but we are getting hammered day by day..So please Devs just do something about this..

Offline chewchew

• View Profile

Also it seems like some of the elected delegates don't really have their heart in bitshares. If one of the top delegates can't get behind their own employer, how can anyone else see it as legitimate?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:55:39 pm by chewchew »

Tuck Fheman

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Not too worried about not reaching the moon. Just want to stop loosing my savings.

It's a foolish idea to put savings into a volatile currency. Use bitUSD instead if you want stability.
Thank you for your amazing advice! Where were you about a year ago when I needed you to assist me in my investment decisions.

My savings is not a lot as I am just starting out. Im not regretting the decision, although I believe I am allowed to be unhappy if the price is dropping the way it is.

But thanks for your words of wisdom anyway  ;)

Offline Volker

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Volker

Monero's community had a proposal to change its supply schedule in order to reduce its 50%+ annual inflation. It was discussed for several months and ultimately rejected unanimously.

Offline fuzzy

Is there a solution oriented approach coming?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
rekt again

:'( :D :'(

overtaken by some crappy coin distributed through facebook, that's so sad  :(
Ya, I dont understand this. What does Dash have that we dont?

Whereas I dont have the time to list what we have that Dash does not.

Dash= Darkcoin .
Bitfinex exchange has big market depth for BTC/LTC . good for trader , makes them big exchange . so Dash got the juice too .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
In the last weeks the indices in china doubled on the stock exchanges, so why should they stay in crypto? they can come back later.
+5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
to think the moonstone fundraiser is the cause --- please take a look on the charts and the downtrend is 5-6 month long.

so, we are loosing more then other 2.0 crypto projects, but we have also the biggest chinese community. In the last weeks the indices in china doubled on the stock exchanges, so
why should they stay in crypto? they can come back later.

we are pressured the most, because our chinese community is the biggest and the BTS whales are sitting in china, but we will also get pushed the most, if the bearmarket in crypto is over.

maybe you all should welcome this time and tell all your friends to buy some BTS.