Author Topic: ALL TIME LOW .  (Read 15684 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
We hit #4 again briefly, now close.  We shall recover our rightful position, and throw out these pretenders! :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

chryspano

Yeah, I'm angry it got so low.  And I'm loving this.

Enjoy it while it lasts8)

All bears are welcome here, a nice warm cozy place awaits you there!  :D
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16461.0.html

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Enjoy it while it lasts8)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I hope the price continues going up so fast that bears in this thread cannot get back in. :)

Anger much? Price goes up, price goes down. What's new?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I hope the price continues going up so fast that bears in this thread cannot get back in. :)

Anger much? Price goes up, price goes down. What's new?

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Lol ander you're loving this right now.  :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Buying on borrowed money is a lot like shorting.  You're locking in your price now and paying for it later, or over time, with the expectation that it will rise in price. If you just use the funds you have you may not be able to buy all you want before the price starts to go up. Needing the price to go up or not down to pay back the debt is of course bad, just like with shorting. The issue most of us face is that we have good cash flow but low capitalization. The only way around that is to pay someone a fee who does betting the fee is less than the growth.

From a portfolio perspective I like to keep a small percentage in crypto as my high risk/reward allocation. Crypto->Small Cap->Mid Cap->Blue Chip, etc. Sometimes I borrow from one bucket to balance out another.

While on the subject those that have risked their BTS shorting bit assets into existence are adding a lot of value to the ecosystem in terms of testing and liquidity. Of the three camps I mentioned earlier those that are shorting definitely belong in the first group; literally putting their money where their mouth is.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:28:04 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I would never borrow money to buy crypto. Even if this is a 'sure thing', the timing is never certain. Since I'm fortunate not to need a loan for this, I will continue to buy BitShares.

I don't really believe in "sure things". Of course the value proposition of Bitshares has improved in the last months, even though the price has dropped a lot. So there's plenty of room for the market value to recover and even surpass what it was before the merger. It might not recover before a long while (if ever), the timing might not be right, there might be a third world war and China might drop a nuclear bomb on the US (very unlikely, knowing China has more than a trillion dollars in US debt). At least if the worst happen we'll have @DataSecurityNode who'll be able to host a couple of delegates in his bunker :P

If I rely on my gut feeling, let's say that buying Bitshares is currently a fairly good idea, either with borrowed money or not (as long as one can get it at low interest and pay it back without selling ;)).

It makes me think of a guy I read about in an article last year who borrowed 20k$ to buy Bitcoin when it was at about 20$/BTC. That was a ballzy move. He got lucky and the prices spiked after a while. The sad part of the story is that he got hacked last year and lost about 750 of those BTC.

Tuck Fheman

I would never borrow money to buy crypto.

People who borrow crypto to buy fiat are even worse.  ;D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I would never borrow money to buy crypto. Even if this is a 'sure thing', the timing is never certain. Since I'm fortunate not to need a loan for this, I will continue to buy BitShares.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

I'm even thinking of borrowing money to increase my position (nothing I can't afford to lose of course).

Bitshares needs strong hands, I intend to play my part!

It might be the right time, but I would like to point out that borrowing money in order to buy is the weakest hand of all.  Because if it goes down you must sell to pay back the borrowed money.

Strong hands means people who bought, not on margin, not with borrowed money, and who do not intend to sell if the price declines, under any circumstances.  Strong hands is people who are buying who also have plenty more cash available to continue to buy more if the prices stays down or goes even lower.

I don't plan on selling any BTS to pay back a loan (that is if I take one), if it happens I will pay it back with my tax return that is on the way. And I'll be coming into more available money on a continuous basis, so if it keeps falling in the long run, I'll be there to buy cheap BTS.

I never sold any BTS I bought and I've been around almost since the beginning (AGS donator, PTS holder). I had plenty of occasions to cut off my loss, but never did. I've always been a value investor on the stock market, and IMO Bitshares is seriously undervalued. But that's my opinion, so I might be wrong.

Anyway, although I'm a small time investor, I believe I'm part of a minority who only bought and never sold, and I don't plan to sell at all. Except maybe if BTS reaches 1-2$, I might cash in on part of my investment, only to avoid overexposure to cryptos compared to my other investments. I live frugally on an engineer salary and invest everything I can spare, and I try to diversify as well (rental real estate, stock market and cryptos). Hopefully I'll be able to hit a homerun with at least some of those investments! Only time will tell.

But you are right. Usually those who borrow to invest are the weekest hands, as they believe they will be able to cash in their profits and pay back their loans. But I've been investing long enough to know one shouldn't count on potential profits to pay back debts.

I'm also still buying, and have no intention of selling in the next few years.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

I'm even thinking of borrowing money to increase my position (nothing I can't afford to lose of course).

It might be the right time, but I would like to point out that borrowing money in order to buy is the weakest hand of all.  Because if it goes down you must sell to pay back the borrowed money.

Strong hands means people who bought, not on margin, not with borrowed money, and who do not intend to sell if the price declines, under any circumstances.  Strong hands is people who are buying who also have plenty more cash available to continue to buy more if the prices stays down or goes even lower.

I don't plan on selling any BTS to pay back a loan (that is if I take one), if it happens I will pay it back with my tax return that is on the way. And I'll be coming into more available money on a continuous basis, so if it keeps falling in the long run, I'll be there to buy cheap BTS.

I never sold any BTS I bought and I've been around almost since the beginning (AGS donator, PTS holder). I had plenty of occasions to cut off my loss, but never did. I've always been a value investor on the stock market, and IMO Bitshares is seriously undervalued. But that's my opinion, so I might be wrong.

Anyway, although I'm a small time investor, I believe I'm part of a minority who only bought and never sold, and I don't plan to sell at all. Except maybe if BTS reaches 1-2$, I might cash in on part of my investment, only to avoid overexposure to cryptos compared to my other investments. I live frugally on an engineer salary and invest everything I can spare, and I try to diversify as well (rental real estate, stock market and cryptos). Hopefully I'll be able to hit a homerun with at least some of those investments! Only time will tell.

But you are right. Usually those who borrow to invest are the weekest hands, as they believe they will be able to cash in their profits and pay back their loans. But I've been investing long enough to know one shouldn't count on potential profits to pay back debts.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Normally I don't speculate shortterm because I'm terrible at this but this time I do believe we hit the bottom. BitShares is worth slightly less than Nxt at the moment, that should seem like a realistic valuation to outsiders. If selling continues I would expect to see new buyers incoming.

I hope I'm not terribly mistaken for once  :D

when an average guy on the street thinks it's bottom ...then it's normally not a bottom , from past experience .

:'( :'( :'( :'(

The bottom will happen when everybody don't believe there will be a bottom ...

I think many ppl gave up by now and its perfect time...
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag