Author Topic: POLL: Should paid Workers be REQUIRED to Publish their accountability info?  (Read 35908 times)

Tuck Fheman

(1000BTS bounty to the best answer)

"Anyone who thinks that any or all of the BTS/FMV/MUSIC/Moonstone devs should drop anything or everything that they are doing and spend any amount of time on crypto circa 2013 is jshow5555."

Did I win?

Tuck Fheman

This project died between Feb and early March this year, Thom.
Do not get too pumped up. It is all history now. You can wait and see what the next big thing is...trinity-Dpos, bitAssets 2.0 and the 17,000 lines of code solving 17 non-existing issues ... a whole lot of nonsense and dust in the eyes of the few left... Just save your nerves, it is all BS that gonna come supposedly early June.
There will probably be one more round on 'great news/secret sauces' iteration   6-9 mo. later, but the thing died several months ago.

This project has been dead for months, jshow.
Don't get your "small stakes" in a wad or get too excited to post here, it's all history now.
You can move on, it's ok. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you ... on other forums, I'm sure ... I mean, it's possible.
Why stick around a dead project coding 17,000 lines of new code for a new faster way to do things when they could have spent that time fixing old code that's flawed and should be done away with forever!
This place works completely backwards, jshow. You should be heading up the team, because we need to look backwards, not forwards! We need to dwell on our mistakes, try to fix code we've proven cannot possibly work in the future and stop coming up with solutions and new ideas. If I see one more round of secret sauce sagacity I'm going to spew!
But this thing died several months ago, so none of this matters. I don't even know why the two of us are still here, do you?

Offline mint chocolate chip

17,000 lines of code

FWIW there are reportedly 1,000,000+ lines of BitShares code; 17,000 new lines is less than 2%.

Offline Thom

I couldn't have said it better myself BItcoinJesus2.0 ... 6 months ago. But now the koolaid has worn off for me, and my eyes are opened to see things differently.

You do make a good point tho in comparing BItShares & its leadership with other projects. I think BitShares is THE best place to be in crypto. Yet, I have seen too many mistakes to let the influence of koolaid come through in posts like yours & Ken's any longer. But that's me, I couldn't dampen your enthusiasm and passion if I wanted too, and I don't. Let it live! But let it live in reality.

Al I"m saying is that I'm nervous. I don't want BItShares to fail. I don't want this next version to be met with disappointment. I don't want to see compromises to the fundamental principles that launched crypto-currency. I don't want to see integration with mainstream banking, but DO want to see the ecosystem grow. Many here think the last statement is impossible to achieve. I think it's possible, but it will take tremendous resolve and resources to see it through. The banksters are using their economic power to crush us. Will we let them? Will we acquiesce, and play into their hand? Only time will tell if this community has what it takes to overcome this pressure and clear a new path to success.

I'm just expressing my reservations and hope it will help others to look at things objectively, rationally. Show me results, as the pep talks sound good but don't "put food on the table".
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:37:35 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@BitcoinJesus2.O - You are just all kinds of awesome. Not sure how old you are, but you sound like you've run a few companies yourself.

I can tell you guys, it takes years to develop a badass product. When I first started Line9 Corp (a software company that I built and ran for over 16 years) all we had was a basic shopping cart. Then it became an inventory management system. And then it read barcodes. And then CRM. And then a Project Manager (similar to github). And then it connected to dialin pools. And then it handled RMA's and logistics. And then and then and then.....

Building a software product takes thousands of manhours. Very very expensive manhours.

I was able to skype anybody in the company at any time during their working hours (USA, Latvia, Ukraine, Germany, India, etc). I knew who was doing what, and exactly when it would be done. If the Devs told me two weeks, I told the customer 6 weeks. If I didn't have that kind of control (yes, I said the evil word) who knows what those guys would have been doing.

Patience is key. Accountability is required.
Drive them hard, hire/fire when absolutely necessary, and constantly reward the top performers.
It's not that hard to turn this company around.
Put our technology to Work.. #BlockchainHR
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile

BM is feeding you shit, Jesus iteration 2.0.

Is anybody have any clue how this 'bond' market works? Any clue at all? AT ALL? - white paper? I will not ask for such a overuse of mental power...but just a proof that anything remotely working is even thought of ????

Bond market is a big deal...unfortunate it ends in 3 forms on a blockchain:
 -  complete lack of liquidity for the borrower and total security for the lender;
 -  complete lack of security for the lender and total liquidity for the borrower;
 -   compromise by the 2 above - totally useless for either one....

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Well, I disagree with that one.
And what exactly should be done to turn this company around..?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
Nullstreet Journal ... that is what shareholders or investors want to read IMO ...

True! +5%

+5%

Yep.

Talking about what shareholders want to read, what happened to Stan's Monday dev meeting report?

One thing you gotta acknowledge about "management", it's not too consistent on the follow through. The consistency I can see lies within BM's recital of founding principles (plying politics or real conviction?) and the dedication of the dev team. Beyond that I see pivots come without much of a warning and things change at the drop of a hat around here. No wonder Taluant (sp? moonstone) had a zillion questions for BM the other day, before they took their convo into private space. Do you believe like you once believed in the rhetoric of politicians, or will you wise up and demand tangible accountability in our grassroots ecosystem currently under reconstruction?

Until the details are revealed about the revamping of DPoS into the "trinity" scheme, I will be uneasy with this round of koolaid. I like what I hear so far, but it's not enough to increase my confidence that BitShares will live up to the vision that has been hyped. I truly hope it's not the "devil in the details" but rather benevolent angels.

Off the top of my head, here are a few important questions that come to mind:
  • How will multisig be used by delegates? (to choose proposals for what gets on the ballot for shareholder voting or...)
  • Will multisig require unanimous (all 101 delegates must sign off) or some lesser %?
  • How will dev team's major milestones be set? Proposed to delegates first then approved by shareholders?
  • How will the 101 delegates be transitioned into the new "trinity" scheme? Details are important here!

I was once punch drunk with optimism like KC, and I think such enthusiasm is great. But once you've been here awhile you begin to think more critically about this project and how it's run. Being critical is a characteristic we also need in greater supply as the project matures, if done right it's one aspect of keeping people accountable, of growing towards improvement. If there's one thing I see in KC's posts it's the need for accountability, and I can't agree with that more.

I'm not asking for full disclosure of every last detail right now before the dev staff is ready to release this "next big thing", but I am saying this community will forever be negatively affected if the dev staff fails to deliver commensurate with the level of hype and expectations being set. It will very much feel like the disillusionment that comes from faith placed in politicians for tangible, positive change.

I sure hope BM & "the gang" have thoroughly thought through what their about to spring on this community. If they misjudged anything we need to let them know, loudly. It would be great if that can be accomplished using new tools built into the code rather than thru ad hoc means like this forum or scattered conversations. The community has no choice atm except to wait for more info, as it seems whatever is going to happen is mostly already decided.

This project died between Feb and early March this year, Thom.
Do not get too pumped up. It is all history now. You can wait and see what the next big thing is...trinity-Dpos, bitAssets 2.0 and the 17,000 lines of code solving 17 non-existing issues ... a whole lot of nonsense and dust in the eyes of the few left... Just save your nerves, it is all BS that gonna come supposedly early June.
There will probably be one more round on 'great news/secret sauces' iteration   6-9 mo. later, but the thing died several months ago.

Offline Thom

Nullstreet Journal ... that is what shareholders or investors want to read IMO ...

True! +5%

+5%

Yep.

Talking about what shareholders want to read, what happened to Stan's Monday dev meeting report?

One thing you gotta acknowledge about "management", it's not too consistent on the follow through. The consistency I can see lies within BM's recital of founding principles (plying politics or real conviction?) and the dedication of the dev team. Beyond that I see pivots come without much of a warning and things change at the drop of a hat around here. No wonder Taluant (sp? moonstone) had a zillion questions for BM the other day, before they took their convo into private space. Do you believe like you once believed in the rhetoric of politicians, or will you wise up and demand tangible accountability in our grassroots ecosystem currently under reconstruction?

Until the details are revealed about the revamping of DPoS into the "trinity" scheme, I will be uneasy with this round of koolaid. I like what I hear so far, but it's not enough to increase my confidence that BitShares will live up to the vision that has been hyped. I truly hope it's not the "devil in the details" but rather benevolent angels.

Off the top of my head, here are a few important questions that come to mind:
  • How will multisig be used by delegates? (to choose proposals for what gets on the ballot for shareholder voting or...)
  • Will multisig require unanimous (all 101 delegates must sign off) or some lesser %?
  • How will dev team's major milestones be set? Proposed to delegates first then approved by shareholders?
  • How will the 101 delegates be transitioned into the new "trinity" scheme? Details are important here!

I was once punch drunk with optimism like KC, and I think such enthusiasm is great. But once you've been here awhile you begin to think more critically about this project and how it's run. Being critical is a characteristic we also need in greater supply as the project matures, if done right it's one aspect of keeping people accountable, of growing towards improvement. If there's one thing I see in KC's posts it's the need for accountability, and I can't agree with that more.

I'm not asking for full disclosure of every last detail right now before the dev staff is ready to release this "next big thing", but I am saying this community will forever be negatively affected if the dev staff fails to deliver commensurate with the level of hype and expectations being set. It will very much feel like the disillusionment that comes from faith placed in politicians for tangible, positive change.

I sure hope BM & "the gang" have thoroughly thought through what their about to spring on this community. If they misjudged anything we need to let them know, loudly. It would be great if that can be accomplished using new tools built into the code rather than thru ad hoc means like this forum or scattered conversations. The community has no choice atm except to wait for more info, as it seems whatever is going to happen is mostly already decided.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
1) I don't understand the question.
2) I have no interest in Obama's balls.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Does Bitshares have a "recommended slate" data feed feature? I.E. informed community members publish feeds of recommended votes, and those who subscribe automatically get their votes updated by the client when their feed changes.

Yes. For example:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,8502.msg110545.html#msg110545
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13539.msg176738.html#msg176738
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13039.msg171126.html#msg171126
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Chronos

Does Bitshares have a "recommended slate" data feed feature? I.E. informed community members publish feeds of recommended votes, and those who subscribe automatically get their votes updated by the client when their feed changes.

101 delegates is too many for the average bear to keep track of. Could be better to offload the research/voting to a vetted feed publisher. This might help with the "voter apathy" problem.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

True! +5%