Author Topic: POLL: Should paid Workers be REQUIRED to Publish their accountability info?  (Read 35917 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Code it in, and store the data forever on the blockchain.
Storj and Factom tech can help with this, see my series of posts above explaining how this is done.
Thru code, I can easily check grammar, make sure it's 10% than last month's submission, etc.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

chryspano

FYI - Delegates will soon be called Workers.
DPOS 2.0 (as per BM) utilizes Witnesses, Workers, and Delegates.

The biggest impediment of any decentralized company is Accountability. What is each employee doing at any given moment?
Are these Workers aggressively performing their job duties, taking time off, or just out on a smoke break?

A successful company is one that employs Workers who are driven to see it succeed.

Workers - are paid a fixed number of tokens per day to perform Proposed Services
  • Worker Proposal (worker.proposal)
  • Worker Monthly Report (worker.report) - aka "Report" below
  • Worker proof of work URL's (worker.pow) one or more URL's that allow the public to verify Proposed Services are performed
  • Worker Services (worker.services) a "lookup table" of searchable job titles, in order of precedence (ie: show me just the "Tech Support", "Sales" or "Developer" people)
  • Worker Description (worker.description) a brief description of what this employee does for BitShares
  • Worker Country (worker.country) just a country code so the public knows what timezone the Worker resides in
  • Worker Handles (worker.handle) bitsharestalk userid, twitter handle, skype id, etc. (at least 1 handle is required)

BitShares v1.0...
  • The date/time-stamped keys/values above will be stored on the blockchain (ie: Factom)
  • The blockchain is our HR Worker; Global Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Paternal Leave and designated workdays must be requested/approved by the blockchain.
  • will provide a textarea for Worker to submit their monthly Report. That transaction can't be modified after broadcasted. Creating the monthly Newsletter also becomes much easier.
  • If Worker edits and resubmits their Proposal, they must be voted in again.
  • The Report must be at least 200-5000 characters and it must be at least 10% different than last month's published Report or else HR (the blockchain) won't accept it.
  • The Worker will be fined ____BTS per day that their monthly Report is not filed on-time. Once funds are depleted (OR >14 days has passed), Worker is fired automatically.
  • The Worker will be fined ____BTS per day if the other 6 keys/values are not valid. Once funds are depleted (OR >14 days has passed), Worker is fired automatically.
  • To avoid a Worker taking unapproved time off, the blockchain will track A) Worker wallet has been manually logged into at least once per week, and B) a Witness and a Delegate manually vouches for Worker by each sending 0.5 BTS to the Worker.
  • Quarterly BTS bonuses (____% of the current market cap) go to the Top ____ Workers (based on their current rank ("rank" # will be upgraded to include all of the above))
  • Workers cannot be voted on until all of their info is published properly.

BitsharesBlocks.com...
  • will display the Worker's date/time-stamped Report and the additional validated 6 keys/values.
  • If the creation date of the displayed Report is older than 31 days, it is bolded and colored RED with "This Worker has not filed on-time".

Please leave your comments below on adding these managerial "HR" features to our blockchain.
Codename: #BlockchainHR

Notice the red and green text.. Good? Bad?

I don't like it at all, is sounds like CENTRALIZATION to me, the next step would be to ask and get a written permission from the state and the church before someone can start a delegate. Delegates should do as they please, we can vote them out in 10 seconds and not in 4 years that are the elections in most countries.

Anyone can gather information about good or bad delegates and inform the voters to act accordingly.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Funny, the majority of people attacking me on requiring accountability are delegates, or are running for delegate.. I wonder why. :o

A successful company employs Workers that are driven, accountable and rewarded.
Work hard, and prove it. No more hiding.

I'm kind of confused how the blockchain would actually enforce these rules?  How does it know if the delegates are contributing?  A report that is 10% different than the prior report could be easily doctored.  A blockchain doesn't have cognitive ability to make decisions about whether or not an employee has been contributing.  It seems like you would need some sort of committee to verify the contributions by delegates.  Maybe the blockchain could flag potential deadbeat delegates and then they could be reviewed.  But that ends up bringing us back full circle to centralization.

Not saying it couldn't be done, but it sounds like a much bigger undertaking than what ken is bidding it to be.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Funny, the majority of people attacking me on requiring accountability are delegates, or are running for delegate.. I wonder why. :o

A successful company employs Workers that are driven, accountable and rewarded.
Work hard, and prove it. No more hiding.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
short answer: no to all.
In my opinion, the blockchain doesn't care about trivial things, nor should it care. It's up to shareholders to measure and vote, if you feel uncomfortable with a worker, don't vote for it.
In order to "fine" a worker, you'd need a centralized body and that's a big no.

If you've ever run a large globally distributed staff of employees, you would understand why some control is needed. Voter apathy ain't cutting it now, nor will it in the future. BlockchainHR can at least enforce the basics that voters can't and won't.
You are a great forum moderator favdesu, but how do newcomers know what else you're required to do? Dig around?
Cass is a great logo designer, but how do newcomers verify his daily works?
DataSecurityNode is a great webhost, but how does anyone know *where* he/she is?
What are you so afraid of? Investor confidence comes from provable accountability.
#BlockchainHR
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

In my opinion, the blockchain doesn't care about trivial things, nor should it care. It's up to shareholders to measure and vote, if you feel uncomfortable with a worker, don't vote for it.

*agreed* ..

also you can't force people to do this other than removing your votes .. "fines"

We also proposed a set of public data fields for delegates months ago .. no one cares (yet)
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/PublicData
at least there is something written

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

The biggest impediment of any decentralized company is Accountability. What is each employee doing at any given moment?
Are these Workers aggressively performing their job duties, taking time off, or just out on a smoke break?

A successful company is one that employs Workers who are driven to see it succeed.

Workers - are paid a fixed number of tokens per day to perform Proposed Services
  • Worker proof of work URL's (worker.pow) one or more URL's that allow the public to verify Proposed Services are performed
  • Worker Services (worker.services) a "lookup table" of searchable job titles, in order of precedence (ie: show me just the "Tech Support", "Sales" or "Developer" people)
  • Worker Description (worker.description) a brief description of what this employee does for BitShares
  • Worker Country (worker.country) just a country code so the public knows what timezone the Worker resides in
  • Worker Handles (worker.handle) bitsharestalk userid, twitter handle, skype id, etc. (at least 1 handle is required)

BitShares v1.0...
  • The date/time-stamped keys/values above will be stored on the blockchain (ie: Factom)
  • The blockchain is our HR Worker; Global Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Paternal Leave and designated workdays must be requested/approved by the blockchain.
  • will provide a textarea for Worker to submit their monthly Report. That transaction can't be modified after broadcasted. Creating the monthly Newsletter also becomes much easier.
  • The Report must be at least 200-5000 characters and it must be at least 10% different than last month's published Report or else HR (the blockchain) won't accept it.
  • The Worker will be fined ____BTS per day that their monthly Report is not filed on-time. Once funds are depleted (OR >14 days has passed), Worker is fired automatically.
  • The Worker will be fined ____BTS per day if the other 6 keys/values are not valid. Once funds are depleted (OR >14 days has passed), Worker is fired automatically.
  • To avoid a Worker taking unapproved time off, the blockchain will track A) Worker wallet has been manually logged into at least once per week, and B) a Witness and a Delegate manually vouches for Worker by each sending 0.5 BTS to the Worker.
  • Quarterly BTS bonuses (____% of the current market cap) go to the Top ____ Workers (based on their current rank ("rank" # will be upgraded to include all of the above))

BitsharesBlocks.com...
  • will display the Worker's date/time-stamped Report and the additional validated 6 keys/values.
  • If the creation date of the displayed Report is older than 31 days, it is bolded and colored RED with "This Worker has not filed on-time".

Please leave your comments below on adding these managerial "HR" features to our blockchain.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

BitShares v1.0...

BitsharesBlocks.com...

www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

to the moon? :)
not yet ..

<-- waiting for the "big announcement(s)" to come

Buy the rumor sell the news. :)

I've been working on some June 8th marketing, but it's up to BJ2 to release it or not.  ;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline fuzzy

For those who do not speak English well (like myself), the above images are jokes.

I sometimes forget that not everyone gets the joke, or speaks the same language. I apologize if the images alarmed anyone.

I always try to make it somewhat obvious, but if I give in too much it loses it's luster.

Re: the pm I received ... Someone please translate this properly and repost it where necessary to avoid a nuclear panic selloff please.  ;)

I feel you Tuck.  Sometimes when we try to speak to things that are important...even if we make jokes, they are taken the wrong way.  I've come to the conclusion that we just have to do our best to stay true to our own ideals.  We can't make everyone happy all the time...but we CAN work individually to change the world for the better! 

Just so you know...I love your jokes and know not to take them too seriously.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
This is f*ing insane.  Great movement to DPOS 2.0