Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887231 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
My only point is that as far as I know the Chinese are the ones who pumped bitcoin to $1,000 and most probably BTS to $80 mil. And then dumped...
So I think that in order BTS to reach high market cap the user experience is not the most important..Ethereum doesn't have any user experience and look at the market cap. We do need steady daily volume of a couple of millions and massively people to start buying. I would expect people that dumped their BTS at higher market caps and realized by now huge profits to start buying again like crazy and stabilize finally at a respective market cap much above $200-$300 millions going along with a steady user friendly client..
People of this forum posting everyday for the last  2 years are most likely the long term holders at all costs. I know I have absolutely no more new money to invest in BTS so I am just hoping..So I think that we do need back those sellers to reinvest and not only just new members who most probably haven't followed from the beginning and most probably would be more scared to invest in something they don't know..
No point to argue here. I am just saying we need back those who dumped and made profits to re invest!

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Based on how poloniex has been gaining trading volume and btc38 and bter losing it, it seems to me that BTS has been shifting away from chinese holders and more into the hands of westerners.   It feels to me like chinese whales have been dumping for months, and its mainly getting absorbed by those of us english speakers who are active on the forums and still believe in BTS 2.0.

Of course, this is mostly speculation on my part.

I hope you are wrong (although I think you are not unfortunately) ..If only active members of this forum buy BTS and all the Chinese whales have dumped we are doomed..Like it or not it seems to me that if we want BTS to reach any respectable market cap we need the Chinese to come back..

...If all the chinese have dumped we are not doomed.  If all the sellers are done, and we are still sitting at any number greater than 0, we are in a great position for price to rise.  If there is no one left to sell then price doesn't go down.  It's basic trading 101 

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I hope you are wrong (although I think you are not unfortunately) ..If only active members of this forum buy BTS and all the Chinese whales have dumped we are doomed..Like it or not it seems to me that if we want BTS to reach any respectable market cap we need the Chinese to come back..

BTS 2.0 + referral system with create entirely new users and community.  BTS is not doomed as long as 2.0 has a good user experience and works well.  We dont need the people who have been selling off BTS for the past 6 months.  All we really need is for them to run out of BTS so they can push it down any more.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Based on how poloniex has been gaining trading volume and btc38 and bter losing it, it seems to me that BTS has been shifting away from chinese holders and more into the hands of westerners.   It feels to me like chinese whales have been dumping for months, and its mainly getting absorbed by those of us english speakers who are active on the forums and still believe in BTS 2.0.

chryspano

It seems they dumped bts in order to buy stocks....they would buy back the bts with their "profits"

And then this happend...

and then they sold any remaining bts they had and started whining in the forum....

maybe...

Offline Ander

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline EstefanTT

I think the closer the date the smaller has to be the multiplier. I would say somewhere between next friday and the one after.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Using standard software development multiple of 2.5, that means the actual BTS is ready for 2.0 announcement will be in 2.5 weeks, or on 9/21 or so. ;)

chryspano

I was listenning the hangout with the bts charts in front of me. Someone bought 25 BTC right after BM announce that the next week, the release date will be announce with the 30 days countdown !

Buckle up !!!

NO! NO! NO!!!!

He is doing it wrong!!!

He has to SELL!!!

:)

Offline EstefanTT

I was listenning the hangout with the bts charts in front of me. Someone bought 25 BTC right after BM announce that the next week, the release date will be announce with the 30 days countdown !

Buckle up !!!
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
As you guys know, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that we have with BTS.
Tuesday morning on Wall Street is going to be messy I think.

If you have 50K BTS and the price explodes to $1.00, what will you do?
Start trading into bitGOLD? NOTE? ...bitUSD? ???
Securing gains when we know fiats are crashing hard steers me away from bitUSD, bitEUR, etc.

We know the gold pm has been suppressed for decades so trading into bitGOLD on the bts price increase makes sense to me.
Cryptosmith bit the dust, and I live in europe anyways, so getting any kind of physical delivery is out.
I guess I could cash some out into fiat and go get a berkey and some cases of mre's at the surplus store.

Seriously though, what are some good options for action during each BTS price pop?

+5% +5% +5%
(bitGOLD will be the safest bitAsset the next months)

Funny, I looked at bitsilv in the internal exchange this morn and it was $99 per ounce. lol
kitcosilver puts it at $15 per ounce. man, we need some volume in there i guess.
i'm in on BTS all the way though just like @jsidhu said. oh, and NOTE of course :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
As you guys know, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that we have with BTS.

Securing gains when we know fiats are crashing hard steers me away from bitUSD, bitEUR, etc.

We know the gold pm has been suppressed for decades so trading into bitGOLD on the bts price increase makes sense to me.
Cryptosmith bit the dust, and I live in europe anyways, so getting any kind of physical delivery is out.
I guess I could cash some out into fiat and go get a berkey and some cases of mre's at the surplus store.

Seriously though, what are some good options for action during each BTS price pop?

+5% +5% +5%

(bitGOLD will be the safest bitAsset the next months)

Tuck Fheman

I think we are pretty much looking at a bottom here.  I wouldn't be surprised to see 2000 sat next week.  Daily macd just turned green.  If it does drop to 5 or 6 million market cap, then I will buy more, assuming nothing has changed fundamentally. Somebody has to mop up all these cheap bts  ;D

Pro tip:  always keep some cash on hand in case prices get even cheaper.  NEVER go all in.

Haven't you heard the news? bitshares 2.0 will be ready in a few months at most and the price will crash really hard when this happens!

Sell now while you still can! when bts 2.0 launch it will be too late to sell!!

"The market" is bearish!

newmine aproves panic selling!

The sky is falling!

The planets are alligned!

What else are you waiting for ? SELL YOUR DAMN BTS RIGHT NOW!!!

:P

chryspano

I think we are pretty much looking at a bottom here.  I wouldn't be surprised to see 2000 sat next week.  Daily macd just turned green.  If it does drop to 5 or 6 million market cap, then I will buy more, assuming nothing has changed fundamentally. Somebody has to mop up all these cheap bts  ;D

Pro tip:  always keep some cash on hand in case prices get even cheaper.  NEVER go all in.

Haven't you heard the news? bitshares 2.0 will be ready in a few months at most and the price will crash really hard when this happens!

Sell now while you still can! when bts 2.0 launch it will be too late to sell!!

"The market" is bearish!

newmine aproves panic selling!

The sky is falling!

The planets are alligned!

What else are you waiting for ? SELL YOUR DAMN BTS RIGHT NOW!!!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Just hold bts through and through
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag