Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887344 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Has anyone ever considered that "traditional" analysis does not work with BitShares for the simple reason that there was a SHAREDROP not only on investors and traders, but also on "uninformed" people that just had some bucks left and want to exit?

BitShares is one of the easier crypto to trade based on traditional investing analysis.

The 90% loss of value & slow decline of BTS once dilution became a reality was very predictable. (BTSX would have been circa $300-400 million today without it imo.)

We know that a lot of bitcoiners and altcoiners think btsx is a "crapcoin" and a ponzi scheme. So why do we really care what they say about us diluting btsx?

Kind of reminds me of the famous five monkeys experiment. 
Nobody in those communities is willing to go for the bananas any more
but no one remembers why.
;)

Kind of reminds me of the famous goose that laid the golden eggs.

(The date I said we were killing the golden goose was the date of BTSX's BTC high 0.00009234)

The developers then hinted and announced that they'd been writing code and working on BTS 2.0 which includes a lot of great additions.
The market responded correctly and BTS increased in value by 150% from the lows. ($8 million to over $20 million)

Since then the market has had to price in that it could actually still be a while till 2.0 release and that with so many additions there may be quite a few kinks to work out before it's a stable customer friendly version. The market has to price in CNX. The market has to price in Ethereum may start trading soon. While other BTS announcements have been well received by the community, they don't result in any short term increase in the number of BTS users or BitAssets. All the while BTS is releasing millions of BTS per week via the merger and as it is very thinly traded at the moment it's hard to support the price especially with Greece news which drew a lot of speculators into non CNY based crypto-currencies.

Personally I think it's unlikely BTS will go under $10 million prior to the BTS 2.0 release but will spike leading up to and in the first weeks of actual release, where it goes from there depends on how good everything is. But basically limited downside and good upside so a good time to buy BTS now. (Unless Greece/China really implodes in the next few weeks and then you might want to be more in the crypto-currencies that make big moves in response.) 

It's also not like competitors are grossly over-valued by comparison. NuShares has just released their Nudroid Mobile wallet and are advertising heavily on CMC and also supposedly have more dollar stable product in circulation in the form of NuBits and are valued at 14% of BTS which seems fair. (I've never owned or looked into NuShares very much personally other than to see that NuBits are obviously very ponzi-ish.)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:50:37 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Has anyone ever considered that "traditional" analysis does not work with BitShares for the simple reason that there was a SHAREDROP not only on investors and traders, but also on "uninformed" people that just had some bucks left and want to exit?

yes i agree...the tools of traditional trading analysis are suspect to begin within the financial world, and i think they hold less predictive power in crypto...at least for now.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think it takes special kind of stupid to sell at these prices. At this point, might as well pretend it's down to 0, but why would anyone sell here it is just funny.

China market crash.. needed all his funds out of crypto to pay rent.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I think it takes special kind of stupid to sell at these prices. At this point, might as well pretend it's down to 0, but why would anyone sell here it is just funny.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

chryspano

"Proposals".....

Do t forget that CNX gets to distribute Bitshares code for a profit to outside parties, competitors, or anyone who wants to "plug in" in anyway, from 3rd party exchanges to payment processors. How else will the Devs get paid?

Are you saying that competitors might gain an advandage? If yes then why on some threads you wanted all of our "competitors" to have access to the BitShares code without geting permision from our devs? aren't you contradicting yourself? or it's just your casual FUDing?

How's that BTS price going?

I asked you 4 questions and you answered none.

Price is doing great, at this level I could still sell at 40%-50% profit If I wanted but this will not happen (I bought some at 8-9M marketcap and sold half at 19M marketcap) I will probably buy some more if the price falls a bit more the next 1-2 weeks. I made some nice profits because of your FUDing and probably I will make some more the next few weeks, I don't want you to think that I'm ungratefull.  :D

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

"Proposals".....

Do t forget that CNX gets to distribute Bitshares code for a profit to outside parties, competitors, or anyone who wants to "plug in" in anyway, from 3rd party exchanges to payment processors. How else will the Devs get paid?

Are you saying that competitors might gain an advandage? If yes then why on some threads you wanted all of our "competitors" to have access to the BitShares code without geting permision from our devs? aren't you contradicting yourself? or it's just your casual FUDing?

How's that BTS price going?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
See the problem is that the 3x collateral is based on the feed price. So one can only short so much.

1M BTS can only short like 2.5K BitUSD.

You can add collateral, but you can't remove it. It's really silly.

This is what people have been complaint about and losing money on for nearly a year. People left this project because they got burned from this and then a 10% hit on top. The Devs were too busy creating Graphene to do many thing about it. And now you all are seeing the effects of that. Nobody wants to buy back in because they got screwed and he project has flip flopped to something completely different, multiple times. If BTS 2.0 comes out and is the next best thing since sliced bitcoin, your market cap will suffer for awhile until it is clearly proven. And even then, these people who left are facing another dilemma, whether they want to invest in something like a ripple/bitreserve project or stick to the decentralized mantra of the cryptocurrency world. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Bitshares is "decentralized" enough you say.  Well it's not as blurry a line to all the people who are out there who haven't invested. And joe freaking schmo at bofA ain't gonna trust his money in a project who's ultimate control rests in a father son duo out of Virginia. Especially in a time where scams are the only things that carry weight in any new article beyond the crypto universe.

If you get rid of Cryptonomex ball and chain,Bitshares may be able to convince the billions of dollars in BTC to migrate over because with out that, you got nothing but all of you who are still here.

Just look at the BTS price. BTS did not ride up with BTC when it hit +$300. It actually faded. Then the altcoin pumps, and BTS faded. Then BTC and the Alts reversed, and BTS got hit hard. Hard like it was pumped.  This last dump was capitulation and I would bet you see a steady slow down trend. Probably to the $.002 range you predicted last month.

chryspano

"Proposals".....

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=813191.880

What's the deal with all these claims?

Definitely doesn't make bitshares look good if he's a scam artist. No idea but someone should address those comments as new investors are looking at Bitshares as well as Banx

Well, well, well.

By the way, this price drop has nothing to do with this. It has to do with a shit client and that Cryptonomex has taken control and centralizing the project and the code. A majority and perhaps all investirs are crytocurrency fans first and decentralization was a major factor in allof them buying BTC and then stumbling across bitshares. And bitshares isnt anywhere near the decentralized priject it started out as. multiple left turns have taken bitshares in a near opposite direction from initial white paper and AGS funding.

would you say that Bitshares is still a fully open source project? The dev group has organized into CNX, but at any point we could have a different set of devs fork the project a diff direction that the community could adopt, right? i'm completely fine with the devs organizing themselves however they think optimizes their efforts, so long as the project is still open source and shareholders hold ultimate control (even though i realize the current devs are likely majority shareholders in the aggregate).

I guess that is something you don't understand. CNX owns the code. If anyone forks it and isn't anonymous, CNX can send a cease and desist order to stop using the code since it is owned and permission wasn't given. Now if the Dev of the fork stays anon, then you have a different story except that nobody will join because they are clearly engaging in a defined legal activity.

Bitshares is totally open source as are a lot of proprietary softwares. They have licensed or are going to do it in a way that you can see the code, you just can't do shit with it without CNX permission.

I guess that is something you don't understand. Worker proposals are specifically for code implementations to enhance BitShares. The BitShares 2.0 chain has been licensed back to the community free. CNX won't be able to do shit to BitShares without the shareholders permission.

"Proposals".....

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
See the problem is that the 3x collateral is based on the feed price. So one can only short so much.

1M BTS can only short like 2.5K BitUSD.

You can add collateral, but you can't remove it. It's really silly.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Definitely doesn't make bitshares look good if he's a scam artist. No idea but someone should address those comments as new investors are looking at Bitshares as well as Banx

Well, well, well.

By the way, this price drop has nothing to do with this. It has to do with a shit client and that Cryptonomex has taken control and centralizing the project and the code. A majority and perhaps all investirs are crytocurrency fans first and decentralization was a major factor in allof them buying BTC and then stumbling across bitshares. And bitshares isnt anywhere near the decentralized priject it started out as. multiple left turns have taken bitshares in a near opposite direction from initial white paper and AGS funding.

would you say that Bitshares is still a fully open source project? The dev group has organized into CNX, but at any point we could have a different set of devs fork the project a diff direction that the community could adopt, right? i'm completely fine with the devs organizing themselves however they think optimizes their efforts, so long as the project is still open source and shareholders hold ultimate control (even though i realize the current devs are likely majority shareholders in the aggregate).

I guess that is something you don't understand. CNX owns the code. If anyone forks it and isn't anonymous, CNX can send a cease and desist order to stop using the code since it is owned and permission wasn't given. Now if the Dev of the fork stays anon, then you have a different story except that nobody will join because they are clearly engaging in a defined legal activity.

Bitshares is totally open source as are a lot of proprietary softwares. They have licensed or are going to do it in a way that you can see the code, you just can't do shit with it without CNX permission.

I guess that is something you don't understand. Worker proposals are specifically for code implementations to enhance BitShares. The BitShares 2.0 chain has been licensed back to the community free. CNX won't be able to do shit to BitShares without the shareholders permission.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

what if stakeholders want to go with a fork? we own the entity, right?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Well, well, well.