Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898685 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
That doesnt matter anymore because 2.0 fixes it.

But that's not a realistic approach IMHO Ander.

2.0 doesn't exist, outside of a testnet. 2.0 has yet to do what it promises to do, even on a testnet.

That day may come and I hope it does and I anticipate it will, but it's not a reality ... yet.

I'm just not the kind of person to shove all-in with a gutshot straight draw, especially after watching many others get burned, unless it's a bluff. ;)

Just please Tuck get back in lower than you bought. I dont want to see you missing the rise and then joining newmine and blazin8888 by making FUD memes.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile

Yeah looks to me its going to continue to fall so I would continue to sell off all my holdings while I can. Especially before OCT 13. Any potential investors reading this ...beware. Dont invest until after wallet migration.

Go away dipshit

Tuck Fheman

But that's not a realistic approach IMHO Ander.

2.0 doesn't exist, outside of a testnet. 2.0 has yet to do what it promises to do, even on a testnet.

That day may come and I hope it does and I anticipate it will, but it's not a reality ... yet.

I'm just not the kind of person to shove all-in with a gutshot straight draw, especially after watching many others get burned, unless it's a bluff. ;)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
@tonyk..lol..that is exactly what I have told my wife..That i have bitusd when the reality is that i just have good old very very expensive bts and no car anymore..

I have told my wife that I probably get $300 per month since I expect to be one of the 17 "golden" future witnesses!  That's a half paycheck here in Greece  :P

Offline Blazin8888

Yeah looks to me its going to continue to fall so I would continue to sell off all my holdings while I can. Especially before OCT 13. Any potential investors reading this ...beware. Dont invest until after wallet migration.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Tuck I agree that the 0.9 client has problems.  There were long stretches where I couldnt use bitshares because I couldnt get it to sync, though fortunately I got it working again recently.

2200 'could happen', anything 'could happen', but the probability is not in its favor. 

Many signs are now indicating to me that 2580 was the bottom of the correction.  It cut deeper than I expected, so congrats to all who sold higher, you did well. 

Just please make sure you get back in lower than you sold.  Especially us in the bitshares community should make sure not to miss out on the rise. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@tonyk..lol..that is exactly what I have told my wife..That i have bitusd when the reality is that i just have good old very very expensive bts and no car anymore..

38PTSWarrior

To buy and hold is what I sell, wait 5 years, it will be swell! For crazy peeps the market is, for longterm holders party is.

Tuck Fheman

Yee about fuzz. I do not think he is trying to get it to run...My theory is he has told his wife that he has some bitUSD and "he can sell them for a ton of BTS right about now." When the reality is - ha has only plain old BTS which are at 80-90% below their pick....

Let's discuss that on Twitter @ #Thatsnoneofmyfuckingbusiness ;)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The "craziness" started Nov  Dec of 2014 (call it 3600 to 5000 satoshi). The craziness will end successfully i.e. with much improved product on Oct 13th.
If you do not think the average  ~4300 is the very very bottom of reasonable you must have low hopes/opinion for BTS. That's why I wander what is this if not FUD in an attempt to buy cheap.
That's what it sounds like, at least.

Yeah, no I don't agree with ~4300 with this v9 client that most people I've referred to BitShares can't run. Hell fuzzy can't get it to run. That's just brutal honesty. There's no other way to put it and I've said it before, the client sucks at doing what it's supposed to do, even at the most basic level. Dan knows this, hell you know this, right? So no, I'm not spreading FUD, BitShares is worth 1 cent at most right now as is and nothing more and that may be generous for outsiders.

When 2.0 is released and proven to work (far) better than 1.0, then I believe we'll see 7750 and beyond as time goes by.

But who are we kidding, 3000 sats vs 4300 sats (up to 6500 sats?) is still .01 USD, currently. ;)

Yee about fuzz. I do not think he is trying to get it to run...My theory is he has told his wife that he has some bitUSD and "he can sell them for a ton of BTS right about now." When the reality is - ha has only plain old BTS which are at 80-90% below their pick.... :)

What is your explanation of him having at least 10 people that can run the client for him and he can also trust they will not run with his money?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:06:39 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman

The "craziness" started Nov  Dec of 2014 (call it 3600 to 5000 satoshi). The craziness will end successfully i.e. with much improved product on Oct 13th.
If you do not think the average  ~4300 is the very very bottom of reasonable you must have low hopes/opinion for BTS. That's why I wander what is this if not FUD in an attempt to buy cheap.

Yeah, no I don't agree with ~4300 with this v9 client that most people I've referred to BitShares can't run. Hell fuzzy can't get it to run. That's just brutal honesty. There's no other way to put it and I've said it before, the client sucks at doing what it's supposed to do, even at the most basic level. Dan knows this, hell you know this, right? So no, I'm not spreading FUD, BitShares is worth 1 cent at most right now as is and nothing more and that may be generous for outsiders.

When 2.0 is released and proven to work (far) better than 1.0, then I believe we'll see 7750 and beyond as time goes by.

But who are we kidding, 3000 sats vs 4300 sats (up to 6500 sats?) is still .01 USD, currently. ;)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I gotta admit though, 2200 is looking awful likely and dare I say, probably where we should be at "naturally". ;)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:47:11 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman

I gotta admit though, 2200 is looking awful likely and dare I say, probably where we should be at "naturally". ;)

I strongly disagree.  Most of the rise was pretty steady and non crazy, it only got crazy near the top.  And we've already retraced the crazy part.

The "crazy part" starts on 9/4 and (this round) ended on 9/20. ;)

Also...

I have to agree with Blazin that on 9/25 we "should/could" be down to around 2200. Then a near week long lull and off to the races we go again ... or I could be wrong.

Disclaimer : I'm not attempting to FUD to get people to sell. I will buy if you sell at this crazy ass low price below 3000 sats, but that is not my intention by disclosing my opinion above. I've stated for a long time that any purchase below 3000 sats was cheap and I still believe that to this day. However, I don't think the charts agree with me and I believe many others think we should be lower than this right now. I will buy your BitShares though! ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:26:30 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Ander

• View Profile

I strongly disagree.  Most of the rise was pretty steady and non crazy, it only got crazy near the top.  And we've already retraced the crazy part.

Tuck Fheman