Author Topic: 1200 PTS - New Invictus Website Ready to Deploy [CLOSED]  (Read 51221 times)

Offline bytemaster

Not sure how far along the redesign of the invictus logo is.......... I came up with this logo idea on a draft header I'm pretty sure its less than ideal but I thought I would post it anyway  ;D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq9ka9ivifwhtfw/INVICTUS.png

FYI: I like the Hallo over the A... as a Angel Shares icon... I think Super3's submission had that first...
The horse in the center looks weak and is missing the unconquered rider...
MemoryCoin should not be linked to Invictus or appear anywhere on our main page.
I like the graph / interconnected nature of the background.
If the graph could link the different concepts in a more meaningful way and include BitShares!  BitShares should be front and center as the value proposition as AGS and PTS are just ways to get there.  People come for BTS and discover AGS and PTS are what is available now.  BTS is the killer app.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
I am going to write a protoshares summary. Let me know what you think is important about protoshares that should be in the summary or any thoughts that might lead us to write a catching summary. I will think about this myself and greatly appreciate your input.

Also, I think images about protoshares, graphical depictions explaining some technicalities, or other artwork will greatly enhance the pleasure of consuming a summary. This also holds true for all the other summaries.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline Mjbmonetarymetals

• View Profile
Not sure how far along the redesign of the invictus logo is.......... I came up with this logo idea on a draft header I'm pretty sure its less than ideal but I thought I would post it anyway  ;D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq9ka9ivifwhtfw/INVICTUS.png

Offline bytemaster

More stream of consciousness feedback...

1) The fonts are too light and thin and lack sufficient contract which makes it hard to read (Angel Shares Page)
2) AngelShares page could really use better copy
3) Angel's fund the development of the industry, PTS enables speculation, trading, and pricing
4) I think it would be very good to reference The Social Consensus Software License (SCSL) as the means of protecting AGS / PTS holders.
5) I think we should make it very clear that aside from #4 we cannot prevent others from copying the code or ideas

6) I do not like the menu navigation system.  Such systems are not pleasant on touch screens in my experience.
7) I find the jump from Community to this forum to be unexpected.
8) Instead of focusing on FUNDING lets focus on opportunity to PARTICIPATE and GET INVOLVED.

Anyone else want to offer feedback?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline super3

• View Profile
This is my stream of consiousness feedback on Super3's submission:

1) I think the flashy background graphics are too much.
2) I think the DAC jargon is too much to be displayed everywhere
3) Decentralized Funding Model -> Equal Opportunity / Etc
4) I like focusing on transparency
5) I don't like mentioning hard numbers for capital, those change all the time and should be implied by looking at our bounties.
6) I do not want memory coin to be mentioned anywhere but a list of other 3rd party DACs that honor protoshares, in other words it should be a footnote in the protoshares subsection and not linked all over our site.  No offense to FreeTrade, but his coin did not honor the 10% required to get our official backing and promotion and we want to encourage 10% honoring in future DACs even by 3rd parties. 
7) Research Driven... is heading in the right direction, but perhaps Innovation Driven... and lets focus on our core innovations:
     a) DAC Metaphor (blockchains as a business model)
     b) Dividends
     c) Transactions as Proof of Stake
     d) Debunking Mining as a means of Decentralization
     e) Momentum Proof of Work -> Deprecated by above
     f) Innovative community building (ProtoShares + Social Contract)
     g) Innovative funding model, money as proof of work -> Angel Shares

8) Invictus Engineers market forces to produce outcomes without the need for contracts or violence.

9) I don't want to make our website about "Invictus the Company", but instead "Invictus the Movement", we are nothing without the community, the angels, and the philosophy.  Lets focus on what WE are as a community and NOT what Invictus is doing as a company.

10) Invictus profits the same way everyone else does, buy owning a piece of DACs on the same equal opportunity terms we make available to everyone else.

1) Roger. Github issue here: https://github.com/super3/Invictus/issues/10
2) Ok. I'll trim it down. Github issue here: https://github.com/super3/Invictus/issues/15
3) My changes should fix this.
4) Is what I have good or should I add more?
5) Removed, and link to bounites

6) Users need to understand that there are benefits to holding Protoshares right now. If remove Memorycoin then we don't show the worth of Protoshares other than its trade value. I suggest we keep Memorycoin until we have a working DAC or product, so we don't look like vaporware. Now listed as 3rd part coin, and disclaimer added.
7) Added some of these. How should I go about this?
8) Quoted you on it
9) See the new bottom portion
10) How should this be addressed?

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
I'm loving the energy involved here.  Looking forward to seeing this revamped site up in the new year. 

Offline itnom

• View Profile
    • Bitsapphire - The web development group that makes disruptive startups happen
Taulant here, I think whoever wins should award a competitive amount to the copy writer and translator. For webdev that's always the most difficult part.

My team will put the designs up asap.

Good luck to everybody!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back our bid as a BitShares Delegate! http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate

wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true

Offline que23

• View Profile
Update: I added Taulant Ramabaja, who is a competitor to me, to trello. Taulant will try for the whole bounty. Even if my team's design doesn't win, Taulant will need summaries. We have no one working on those currently.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline que23

• View Profile
Update: zwaffelcoin is working on a site design. It's not up yet.  :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
600x2=1200pts,you have gotten half only for logos?It's great!Pay attention to this project!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The site can always be updated. The logos might be forever.

Logos might be forever!? Don't think so, cause we have a PTS logo since 2 month and now it should be change...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i referred zwaffelcoin to all logos bounties
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
6) I do not want memory coin to be mentioned anywhere but a list of other 3rd party DACs that honor protoshares, in other words it should be a footnote in the protoshares subsection and not linked all over our site.  No offense to FreeTrade, but his coin did not honor the 10% required to get our official backing and promotion and we want to encourage 10% honoring in future DACs even by 3rd parties.
Very good!
IMHO the only thing FreeTrade did right is being the first to create/release a PTS honoring DAC. While others are still talking, he just did it. Just for everybody to see and experience what it feels like having PTS and getting something for them. Which is a good thing.
(Just to be complete: what he did wrong is 1. creating a simple, unnecessary "pump & dump" coin and 2. honoring PTS with a very low amounts of that coin. Seems (feels) more like an attempt to promote his coin than to support PTS/DACs.)

Offline que23

• View Profile
600x2=1200pts,you have gotten half only for logos?It's great!Pay attention to this project!

The site can always be updated. The logos might be forever.

Offline leeyt

• View Profile

Offline que23

• View Profile
It's a green light. I got 600 PTS on LOGOS! 100 PTS on a super simple website! Let's make some money!