Author Topic: Hangout Attendance (Brownie PTS)  (Read 11300 times)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
I don't think they have. At least I haven't see any yet. Were the BPTS distributed for the first hangout, if so, I think I might have been left off that list.

I reckon you'll need to chase up brownies for the 10th July hangout if you've not got them yet - I got some on 13th July for that one. Not sure whether or not anyone got them for 17th (I've not seen any yet)...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline minerswing

• View Profile

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
I don't think they have. At least I haven't see any yet. Were the BPTS distributed for the first hangout, if so, I think I might have been left off that list.
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline phillyguy

Have the BPTS been distributed for last week's mumble attendance yet?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

How about agreeing upon a standardised format which could include preferred mumble name (in many cases forum handle) and BTS account name?
So for example JoeyD (claude-homml)

That way we get the recognisable name we like, and it'll be easy to see BTS name too...

Well still require everyone change their mumble name,  but I have no problems with that.   The big issue I see at present is that it is going to be a lot extra work and there will be a higher likelihood of error if we do not have something that gives the account name.  There will be no way around this short of keeping a separate excel sheet and having corresponding addresses assigned.  However this makes a lot of unnessecary work...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:26:27 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
How about agreeing upon a standardised format which could include preferred mumble name (in many cases forum handle) and BTS account name?
So for example JoeyD (claude-homml)

That way we get the recognisable name we like, and it'll be easy to see BTS name too...

Offline fuzzy

**notice**
Please have your mumble name the same as your wallet name. If you do not, I cannot ensure delivery of your brownies.

This is going to be a mess fuzzy. The registered names are bound to the certificates on the mumble server. Are you now saying we need to reregister all people, plus you can't easily share a name across devices. Plus I like my mumble name, the long bts-names are not nice.

Lol...silly joey.  All a user has to do to change their username is single click on our server, then click "edit".  There you can change the server info,  username and password.  :)
Not difficult at all.

I've wasted hours on helping people solve issues that were smaller than this (I'm looking at you Thom), but that still leaves the lengthy btsnames and multiple device/operating system thing. Plus you no longer know who is who, you may have noticed that I have a very different bts-name from my forum-handle.
I'm up for taking about better ways.  But not sure why this would be that difficult.  Sure there will be a few with problems but I don't see why this is a bad idea because that is impossible otherwise. I need to make this relatively efficient.
Now as for the bts name being reflected in mumble, I see it as kind of necessary as we move forward anyway. This is especially true if someday we try to make it possible for people to log in using their btswallet.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:37:27 pm by fuzzy »

Offline JoeyD

**notice**
Please have your mumble name the same as your wallet name. If you do not, I cannot ensure delivery of your brownies.

This is going to be a mess fuzzy. The registered names are bound to the certificates on the mumble server. Are you now saying we need to reregister all people, plus you can't easily share a name across devices. Plus I like my mumble name, the long bts-names are not nice.

Lol...silly joey.  All a user has to do to change their username is single click on our server, then click "edit".  There you can change the server info,  username and password.  :)
Not difficult at all.

I've wasted hours on helping people solve issues that were smaller than this (I'm looking at you Thom), but that still leaves the lengthy btsnames and multiple device/operating system thing. Plus you no longer know who is who, you may have noticed that I have a very different bts-name from my forum-handle.

Offline fuzzy

**notice**

Not difficult at all.

Offline JoeyD

So it would be a similiar approach to what radio shows do. Sort of like a word of the day. Would a text to speech algo be able to manipulate this? Maybe a category of the day, (red, yellow, green) colors. It would have to be manually checked as there would be possibilities for different answers.
Also is it too late to ask for Brownie points for the previous mumble. I was in the chat log, but it looks like I got left out. Thanks

Color of the day! I like this approach!  +5%
Very easy and effective.

I'm not familiar with how color categories or color of the day is used on radio, could someone explain that mechanic so I can figure out if and how I would implement that in mumble.

It would be fairly simple...
Near or,  at the end of a Hangout,  Fuzzy could say "Ok everyone...today's color for Dan's hangout will be "electro orange". Then everyone in attendance would type in that color (and only that color, no other BS!) name into the Mumble chat. So now you got a quick, verifiable list of attendees and you could then use that chat transcript to dole out the appropriate Brownie.pts
Quick and effective!
Also,  if there's another hangout right after Dan's,  you'd change the color for that specific hangout with something different like "puke purple" and take a Mumble chat box snapshot once again with that color.

Now, the other issue you guys bringing up about Mumble user name is different from wallet name...
IF you decide to do "color of the day" and IF you use Mumble chat box like I described, then I would think best way is to have everyone type in their designated wallet name AFTER typing the color. That would help with some semblance of normalcy I would think?

The other option is to have a "Color of the Day" filed on the BB.org website that attendees could go to?!
Just have a "wallet name" field and a "color of the day" field... click submit and done, but there's obviously way to many possibility's to scam and spam this route.

I think Mumble chat "wins" in this regards!!
 :P

Ok, copy pasting the chatlog and putting that through an excel/google-drive sheet or something might be the quickest and easiest solution for now. Writing and bug-testing of a mumble-bot to do that will be a lot more work and might be overkill for the amount of mumble-attendees at the moment.

So for now color or question of the day and post your answer plus bts-address and copy paste the chatlog, should be easy enough for the moment. No need to change and reregister all the names on mumble then. If sock-puppets with mumble-bots start popping up we could device a captcha-bot to weed out the non-human attendees.

My apologies for not making much progress with the bots, but the technical challenges for that increased by a lot, especially with googles new v3 api requiring keys for each service/application I'd like to use in the bots, plus me being new to coding and having very very limited time to spare on this.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
bts: Chris4210

i was there too
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Or, everyone could just put a link in their mumble comment that opens up the BTS client to their account name (like ours does). ;)

Note: To work, this would require the person doing the clicking to be using Windoze (or Mac I assume) as kencode reports the links will not work under linux mint (but I suspect that they would with a little adjustment).

I prefer this.. and it makes it really easy to cut/paste and cleanup in excel and then dump into a wallet for payouts.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline emailtooaj

Or, everyone could just put a link in their mumble comment that opens up the BTS client to their account name (like ours does). ;)

Note: To work, this would require the person doing the clicking to be using Windoze (or Mac I assume) as kencode reports the links will not work under linux mint (but I suspect that they would with a little adjustment).

or this ^^^^  ;D

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Tuck Fheman

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:52:48 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline emailtooaj

So it would be a similiar approach to what radio shows do. Sort of like a word of the day. Would a text to speech algo be able to manipulate this? Maybe a category of the day, (red, yellow, green) colors. It would have to be manually checked as there would be possibilities for different answers.
Also is it too late to ask for Brownie points for the previous mumble. I was in the chat log, but it looks like I got left out. Thanks

Color of the day! I like this approach!  +5%
Very easy and effective.

I'm not familiar with how color categories or color of the day is used on radio, could someone explain that mechanic so I can figure out if and how I would implement that in mumble.

It would be fairly simple...
Near or,  at the end of a Hangout,  Fuzzy could say "Ok everyone...today's color for Dan's hangout will be "electro orange". Then everyone in attendance would type in that color (and only that color, no other BS!) name into the Mumble chat. So now you got a quick, verifiable list of attendees and you could then use that chat transcript to dole out the appropriate Brownie.pts
Quick and effective!
Also,  if there's another hangout right after Dan's,  you'd change the color for that specific hangout with something different like "puke purple" and take a Mumble chat box snapshot once again with that color.

Now, the other issue you guys bringing up about Mumble user name is different from wallet name...
IF you decide to do "color of the day" and IF you use Mumble chat box like I described, then I would think best way is to have everyone type in their designated wallet name AFTER typing the color. That would help with some semblance of normalcy I would think?

The other option is to have a "Color of the Day" filed on the BB.org website that attendees could go to?!
Just have a "wallet name" field and a "color of the day" field... click submit and done, but there's obviously way to many possibility's to scam and spam this route.

I think Mumble chat "wins" in this regards!!
 :P
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ