Author Topic: No Sommer Announcements for the week?  (Read 14424 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
One of these days we're going to Summer Announce, "Oh, by the way, that test net that's been running flawlessly for the past week, that's now the official release version."  Then the 30 day countdown to the Pitch Fork will begin.

So you don't know the day or the hour, but you already know the season.

Endure the tribulation and enjoy the rapture...

"Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high
DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do
and you don't stop..."
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline topcandle

Was it me, or did I hear end of October for release of Bitshares 2.0?  That's in line with 8 weeks. 

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Its gonna come out in November, and they are going to say 'in 2014 when we said november, we didnt say which november'.  Just wait. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Another week.  Price is dropping to its low, accounting in the expectation that there is only three and a half weeks of summer left.  The lack of information is being taken into consideration by the market.

"just weeks away" - Stan Larimer

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Tuck Fheman

Another week.  Price is dropping to its low, accounting in the expectation that there is only three and a half weeks of summer left.  The lack of information is being taken into consideration by the market.

"just weeks away" - Stan Larimer

Offline topcandle

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I will admit I thought the price would move based on the announcements but I am more convinced now that big money is driving the price down in preparation of what's coming for bigger gains then what can be realized in this speculative market.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Stan, your patience is an example to us all. Some people will never see the wood for the trees. The sad thing is, their ignorance or greed is blinding them to being truely a part of something special.

I am absolutely amazed and enthused  by the announcements so far this summer. To have garnered the respect and interest of so many passionate crypto entrepreneurs is incredible. Talk about over deliver, so far you guys have smashed it.  I guess it helps not giving a fig for the price now that CNX exists and development has been able to continue.....genius.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
There have been 9 weeks of summer and so far we have had only 8 announcements.

Rats.  We must have the slowest rate of major announcements in all of cryptodom!

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Another week without announcment.  Investors are tired of empty promises and the price is reflecting that.  It's crashing hard.  What this tells me is that the rise before bitshares 2.0bwas due to profit in the news that there would be many good partnerships announced over the summer.  Now investors are correcting that view.  They also probably see the announcements given thus far are not satisfactory for where the price is today.  So downtrend is possible back to 8mm.  That's what the market is saying/

I actually think some of the announcements so far have been pretty solid.

However other than the announcement of BTS 2.0 none have moved the market. My reasoning is that they all rely on BTS 2.0 so that needs to be delivered first. Prior announcements may only then really start to be priced in. So if they did have any more up their sleeve it's possible they would have more of an impact post 2.0.

Regards the share price I think CNX/IDentabit/Brownies are all perceived as threatening in some way to BTS and having the largest impact atm. However the XCP price chart also mirrors ours for the last 7 days which may indicate that the very recent decline might be Ether fear related as well.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Krills

• View Profile
CNX AND EXCITING SUMMER-what a joke.told you before

Offline topcandle

Another week without announcment.  Investors are tired of empty promises and the price is reflecting that.  It's crashing hard.  What this tells me is that the rise before bitshares 2.0bwas due to profit in the news that there would be many good partnerships announced over the summer.  Now investors are correcting that view.  They also probably see the announcements given thus far are not satisfactory for where the price is today.  So downtrend is possible back to 8mm.  That's what the market is saying/

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So we might have something from John Underwood, an update from DACx, still, I would be satisfied with 2 - 3 more announcements from other entities getting involved with BitShares but to be honest I don't know if that's asking too much
Announcement from DACx?
They have been a 100% delegate for a long time now but have not made a post in months.

Not exactly an announcement, just an update of what they're doing. Check this thread Stan mentioned they might say something. To be honest I thought an announcement per week was not realistic from the start, so I'm not to worried about that as I think things are being worked on behind the scenes otherwise they wouldn't be mentioned. And since 2.0 seems to be close I'm expecting those announcements after 2.0 it's on

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
So we might have something from John Underwood, an update from DACx, still, I would be satisfied with 2 - 3 more announcements from other entities getting involved with BitShares but to be honest I don't know if that's asking too much
Announcement from DACx?
They have been a 100% delegate for a long time now but have not made a post in months.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Its been about a full month now since we had one.