Author Topic: [ANN] MMC.1GH.COM - GPU mining, CPU mining ★  (Read 162731 times)

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Tartemption, thanks for that. When I input the first line it says unrecognized option '--git'. Is that the correct way to do this, just type into terminal one line at a time?

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to Linux.

I managed to overclock using amdconfig commands in terminal, but it had no effect on hpm. Anyone have any thoughts on this, is it because of memorycoin's algorithm? Has anyone successfully increased hpm by over clocking?

Offline Velocd

• View Profile

The price goes down, because miners want sell their MMC as quickly as possible.  >:(

As a person who was cpu mining MMC until the gpu miner was released, I completely agree.  It's depressing watching the price & profitability plummet for no good reason other than people undercutting prices for a quick sale. 

In the long term, those morons are cutting everyone's, including their own golden goose's neck, and destabilizing the currency in the process with their short sightedness.

The funny thing is, you can see the same with the majority of alt cryptos ever since the news stories broke in the media.  The general public saw nothing but a get rich quick scheme in their mind, and have no idea of the market consequences, & don't care about ruining the value or destroying the public confidence in the currency with their grab for the instant payoff...  >:(

It doesn't help that the 1gh pool is suggesting to use a bter.com wallet address for deposits. That just enables dumping the coin. The other part that is hurting this coin is the fact that it's sitting on one exchange at the moment. The good thing is that this coin isn't a copy paste. It's not associated with a meme and its not being pumped and dumped. This will be a long term coin. That being said it does need to gain traction in the crypto world. Good thing is there will be a CEO that will be responsible for that.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Tartemption, thanks for that. When I input the first line it says unrecognized option '--git'. Is that the correct way to do this, just type into terminal one line at a time?

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to Linux.

Offline Tartempion

• View Profile
wmvatis, see my previous post on this thread with the fix for AMDOverdriveCtrl:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1784.msg21279#msg21279

Offline DWz

• View Profile

The price goes down, because miners want sell their MMC as quickly as possible.  >:(

As a person who was cpu mining MMC until the gpu miner was released, I completely agree.  It's depressing watching the price & profitability plummet for no good reason other than people undercutting prices for a quick sale. 

In the long term, those morons are cutting everyone's, including their own golden goose's neck, and destabilizing the currency in the process with their short sightedness.

The funny thing is, you can see the same with the majority of alt cryptos ever since the news stories broke in the media.  The general public saw nothing but a get rich quick scheme in their mind, and have no idea of the market consequences, & don't care about ruining the value or destroying the public confidence in the currency with their grab for the instant payoff...  >:(

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
I'm trying to overclock my R9 290 in Ubuntu with AMDOverdriveCtrl, but when I start it up I get the warning "failed to get overdrive parameters, some functions of the program will be disabled." overdrivectrl still opens and lets me adjust fan speed, but not clock speed or voltage.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or another way to adjust clock speed and voltage on R9 290 in Linux?

Offline kotofey

• View Profile
Also price looks down on Bter :/

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:09:40 am by kotofey »

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Guys, is the situation still the same for you or has your hpm recovered?

I'm getting now 19 hpm with my 7970s. It looks like fixed. Thank you for your efforts. BTW difficulty rising too fast, it looks like we can't earn after 1 or 2 weeks later Also price looks down on Bter :/
Indeed.  I think this should probably show that the coin isn't GPU resistant enough, in the time we've had GPU mining the difficulty has increased by about 50%.  And that's just as a result of our pool, imagine if there was an open source miner.
There is no spike on the chart on the moment GPU mining was introduced: http://s4l1h.github.io/mmc/
If not for GPU, botnets would eagerly fill the void IMO.

Offline phrozenspite

• View Profile

I'm getting now 19 hpm with my 7970s. It looks like fixed. Thank you for your efforts. BTW difficulty rising too fast, it looks like we can't earn after 1 or 2 weeks later Also price looks down on Bter :/
Indeed.  I think this should probably show that the coin isn't GPU resistant enough, in the time we've had GPU mining the difficulty has increased by about 50%.  And that's just as a result of our pool, with r200 and 7000 series cards.  Imagine if there was an open source miner with full opencl/cuda support
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:40:39 pm by phrozenspite »
supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0

Offline reorder

• View Profile

The worst part is, botnets did not go anywhere with introducing GPU mining.

Offline Ranilin

• View Profile

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
To all MMC miners.
I joined a pool to vote for one of the grants and split the profits among the voters.
If you have some MMC (why are you reading this forum otherwise) then please have a look here and get some free MMC:

Scam? Don't do that, you destroy the MMC community with such approaches.

Support real candidates -----> [MMC][IMPORTANT] Miners heads up!

Offline MegaFarmer

• View Profile
To all MMC miners.
I joined a pool to vote for one of the grants and split the profits among the voters.
If you have some MMC (why are you reading this forum otherwise) then please have a look here and get some free MMC:

Offline earntodie

• View Profile
I am having very low hpm with my 2 powercolor 7970 @ Stock..

i saw other people mining at almost 22 and i have only 17hpm..
whats is my problem??

Win 7 x64
Sempron 140
4 gb
powercolor 7970 x 2 @ Stock

Thanks

Easy overclocking, see http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/powercolor_hd7970_overclocking_eyefinity_review/3
Set 1100 GPU and be happy  8)
1GH CLUB!! PTS mining club - PTS.1GH.COM, MEMORY coin mining club - MMC.1GH.COM, MAX coin mining club - MAX.1GH.COM

Offline MegaFarmer

• View Profile

Yes, my hpm is back to the usual.
I'm still using the miner that fixed the issue for the GPUs being on platform 1. Will I benefit to use a newer version or do those only have fixes for the 6xxx and 5xxx cards?
I'm using only 7950 and R9-280X cards.