Author Topic: [ANN] MMC.1GH.COM - GPU mining, CPU mining ★  (Read 161149 times)

Offline SpeedDemon13

• View Profile
I'm down to beta test a GPU miner for HD 6970 2GB.

Offline billgeo

• View Profile
Guys,

I have now a build of GPU miner that works with Nvidia. Its performance is rather disappointing, though: AWS g2.2xlarge (GRID K520) yields just 3.58hpm. It cannot be significantly improved upon. Consumer-grade cards would yield a similar or worse performace. Given that, please give your opinion on whether you would be using such a miner.

Would also definitely try - not sure if it works though. I have a new Macbook Pro

Unless you are just talking about testing, do your laptop a favor and stay away from mining.
GPU mining is very stressful and there is not enough cooling in a macbook.
There are cases of damaged laptops from mining...
And after all performance is not that great (your NVIDIA only consumes a max of 60W)
10 kinds of people...

Offline martinr123

• View Profile
Guys,

I have now a build of GPU miner that works with Nvidia. Its performance is rather disappointing, though: AWS g2.2xlarge (GRID K520) yields just 3.58hpm. It cannot be significantly improved upon. Consumer-grade cards would yield a similar or worse performace. Given that, please give your opinion on whether you would be using such a miner.

Would also definitely try - not sure if it works though. I have a new Macbook Pro

Offline billgeo

• View Profile
Given my previous posts... I think you can guess what my opinion is...

8) :D 8)
10 kinds of people...

Offline TiGei99

• View Profile
I can try it on a gtx 580 for testing to see what the output is and if I have under ubuntu some possibilities for tuning
MMC: MDp6AbARFnh68S8jURM4T8WBWudY5caMPq

Offline grushnow

• View Profile
Guys,

I could try it if you want, got a gforce 680 2Gb

Best Regards

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Guys,

Offline billgeo

• View Profile

I have it in plans, but definitely after Nvidia (or Nvidia-compatible) build. Do not expect from VLIW cards any decent performance with MemoryCoin though, something on par with CPU perhaps, or even worse.

Really?
I thought that, for the price, it would be better than CPU.
Something around 4-5 HPM maybe...

Anyway you are doing a great job man!!!

Oh, do you think a 7870 Tahiti LE (same core as the 79xx series) will work with the miner?
Has anyone tried this? What HPM would you expect from it?

Again... thank you!

Bill
Just a miner
Price is not everything, VLIW cards have inferior memory controllers, and memory is crucial for MemoryCoin. 7870 Tahiti is fine, but I think noone has reported its hpm yet. If you are buying a new one, 280X is definitely the best bang for your buck, and not only for MMC.

Of course you're right.
But I know a lot of people that have built massive GPU mining farms with 5xxx and 6xxx cards,
just because they offer better kh per dollar than newer cards (on SCRYPT of course)...

So an updated GPU miner for VLIW GPUs will be great for those farms to turn to Memory Coin!

Also, you are giving priority to NVIDIA cards? Why, do you expect good performance from NVIDIA GPUs on memorycoin mining???

Keep up the good work man!

BillGeo
Just a miner
10 kinds of people...

Offline sceneboss

• View Profile
changed my settings to ubuntu from windows8

before: 17-18hpm, and unstable drivers was crashing. max clocks was something about 1050/1550
after: 21-22hpm, stable and max clocks seems 1125/1625 (but in default clocks it is already faster than windows with clocks)

edit: and card is Club3D 280X
Linux is consistently better for MMC indeed, across all cards. Must be related to a different videodriver model. Just wonder, why did you run an unstable driver? The latest Catalyst released (13.12) is stable, not beta.

i was using that 13.12 but it was not stable

Offline reorder

• View Profile

before: 17-18hpm, and unstable drivers was crashing. max clocks was something about 1050/1550
after: 21-22hpm, stable and max clocks seems 1125/1625 (but in default clocks it is already faster than windows with clocks)

Linux is consistently better for MMC indeed, across all cards. Must be related to a different videodriver model. Just wonder, why did you run an unstable driver? The latest Catalyst released (13.12) is stable, not beta.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Does this pool support long-polling?
No. Makes no sense actually at this hashrate (neither does stratum).

Offline reorder

• View Profile
someone please explain me why are a huge different in performance between 7950 and 7970??
with my 7950 got 10 hpm >>> scrypt mining 650
with my 7970 got 19 hpm >>> scrypt mining 600

why is so bad the performance of the 7950??
Thanks
the 7970 should be faster in scrypt as well.  7970 is just more powerful in about every way

7870 gets almost 10 and my 7950 gets the same.. do you think the 2 gpu are the same?
The 7870 that does 10hpm is gigaherz edition, 7950 runs cores at 800MHz. This compensates for the difference in number of shaders.

Offline sceneboss

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:16:04 am by sceneboss »

Offline darkEyexp

• View Profile
someone please explain me why are a huge different in performance between 7950 and 7970??

Thanks
the 7970 should be faster in scrypt as well.  7970 is just more powerful in about every way

7870 gets almost 10 and my 7950 gets the same.. do you think the 2 gpu are the same?

Offline phrozenspite

• View Profile

Thanks
supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0