Author Topic: Maker sharedrop on the BitShares community  (Read 25350 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
a kinda sharedrop was done by sending MKR to user who did attend the mumble session on which maker was introduced IIRC..
but i could be also completely worng with .. pls correct me if .

@Rune
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20877.msg269996.html#msg269996

Yes, thanks, I saw that recent thread. Just wondering if they had ever decided if/how to sharedrop on this community.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
What ever happened with this?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
question, assume I make a sell order and an asset is on the orderbook. Does that count towards the sharedrop since I technically haven't sold it yet or not? Cause I see the balance subtracted from my account and it got transfered to BIDXXXX which seems to be the bid ID.

Could I just lay the asset on the order book or not?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

On first glance, this (honoring the BitShares community; good thing generally) looks like a simple marketing gag. Is it one?
Agree, this was likely less about sharedrop and more about name drop. Effective brand recognition and cost-effective marketing (free) at the same time. wp, gg, gl

Offline fuzzy

It clearly IS competing against BTS as a sharedrop target and against BTS market value.

Actually there is one argument AGAINST using BTS as sharedrop target no one brought up yet:
If you can recall PTS prices, what exactly happened after 28th of february last year?
BTS(X) market cap was effectively taken out of the PTS market cap at the time of the snapshot and the priced tanked big time.
Because BTS are used as collateral, this may result in ... you guess it .. a black swan (of course only if the airdropping market cap is large vs. BTS's market cap)

Also, IMHO, the goal of a snapshot is NOT to drive the price up (because it will go down again eventually) .... but to honor a community.

In my opinion, snapshots nowadays only make sense if you do them without further notice .. that way you
* do not drive price up
* prevent a price tanking at the time of the snapshot
* while you are still able to drop on your valuable demographic

Just my thoughts ..

This. Exactly.

Though it's too bad PTS doesn't still exist...oh wait. A golden opportunity for legitimacy missed. Where is AlphaBar these days anyway? My DPOS PTS delegates are still chugging along :P .

This^
Lol...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
I have three questions:

How does MKR guarantee the peg? (The Maker white paper is not that helpful here.)

What are the differences (other than being based on another blockchain) between BitUSD and eDollar?

On first glance, this (honoring the BitShares community; good thing generally) looks like a simple marketing gag. Is it one?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:01:58 pm by brainbug »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
My apologies to the Maker team.

You don't deserve having your thread FUDded, but then neither do the rest of us.

All of the questions the low-information trolls are asking have been addressed repeatedly in over 2000 posts, just counting those from me. (The good news for the rest of us is that they apparently have to go back to 2014 to find something to complain about.) 

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
To clarify - Maker isn't a BTS clone or it has to do anything with BitShares. It is deployed on Ethereum blockchain .. so i don't get why people here complaining about AGS etc ... it has nothing to do with that!
The Maker team just considering to honor BTS community ...

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
The idea most AGS donators don't get is the magical sentence "no strings attached". I donated too btw.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
No one got to sell their AGS.
Plus .. there is not a single AGS *investor* .. not a single one!!

If you dont know what I mean you should have never payed into the AGS address(es)

Yes I know what you mean. I bought AGS to invest in development of BTS and become part of all those beautiful autonomous companies. That was the promise if I remember correctly. What is left from that promise?

Um, BitShares 2.0, MUSE, PLAY, Identabit, and ... stay tuned!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Thank you very much Stan. You are clever guy and you know that post 2/28/14 investors are biggest losers here. Can we at least get 1 Brownie.PTS or maybe half? We even didn't get chance to sell our AGS coins. From original plan only that didn't changed.

a hard lesson learned for you I'd say. AGS was never a coin and never meant to be traded. I'd recommend to do some research before investing in something you may not understand completely

Offline freedom

• View Profile

But why. I was invited and my BTC with other 'promise'. Maybe I didn't want BTSX, now BTS. No, I didn't received BTS, at least not all. PTS was returned to investor, why not BTC? Where is the difference. A-ha PTS don't worth anything anymore. If I wait enough maybe Dan will return BTC :). Common guys you know well that you can't cheat your investors and expect trust. In crypto trust is all you have. Did you ask yourself what you have besides lots of broken promises or social contract as you call that.

+5% :'(

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
No one got to sell their AGS.
Plus .. there is not a single AGS *investor* .. not a single one!!

If you dont know what I mean you should have never payed into the AGS address(es)

Yes I know what you mean. I bought AGS to invest in development of BTS and become part of all those beautiful autonomous companies. That was the promise if I remember correctly. What is left from that promise?
No promises are associated with AGS!
and still you received BTS .. didnt you?

But why. I was invited and my BTC with other 'promise'. Maybe I didn't want BTSX, now BTS. No, I didn't received BTS, at least not all. PTS was returned to investor, why not BTC? Where is the difference. A-ha PTS don't worth anything anymore. If I wait enough maybe Dan will return BTC :). Common guys you know well that you can't cheat your investors and expect trust. In crypto trust is all you have. Did you ask yourself what you have besides lots of broken promises or social contract as you call that.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:41:03 am by dritz3r »