Author Topic: What is the focus of BitShares now?  (Read 14838 times)

Offline VoR0220

The community has its good sides and it has its downsides. I haven't been contributing to the code like I promised I would because something came up for a project I've been working on for a long time. You may very well see me eventually and I intend to contribute some of the UI designs I intended to once this first step of the project is done. If only there were 48 hours in a day, right?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I have to tell the people that bytemaster and his philosophy is good, also the software, but that the community is mostly selfish, non-charity, pennyfaces who pretend to be anarchists but are only in for the money.

+5%

While I might fit the above profile, the vast majority of this community have experienced major losses but have remained supporters for nearly two years and looking at Brownie PTS have gone above and beyond in their contributions expecting very little in return. I would say you have one of the most generous, committed communities and I think it says a lot that you think so little of them Riverhead. 
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Riverhead

I have to tell the people that bytemaster and his philosophy is good, also the software, but that the community is mostly selfish, non-charity, pennyfaces who pretend to be anarchists but are only in for the money.

+5%

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
I hope the focus will be on bitAssets first and foremost with 2.0 - a working system that rivals traditional exchanges.  The initial plan to fix everything under the sun (MPAs, UIAs, vote, dns, music, ect, ect, ect) didn't happen and as a result, nothing got fixed.  If the devs can get a sound solid chain focused on bitAssets working with liquidty entering the system to generate revenue, then bitshares will be well on its way.  Bitassets alone have $trillions in potential.  That alone will provide the resources needed to get other projects off the ground. 

38PTSWarrior

Offline Pheonike

"Bitshares  2.0, the red pill for Global Finance"

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
The focus is to become profitable.

The way I see this happening:
-Firing marketing delegates in 2.0
-Bond market will create more fees
-Referral marketing
-Partners such as Banx issue UIAs which trade on the blockchain thereby generating more fees.
-Slicker 2.0 wallet will bring in more users
-Wallets such as LimeWallet allow depositing BTC into BitUSD, without users having to know much about BitShares.

How about this for a constitution: "Earn more income than you consume, or die!"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:35:48 pm by speedy »

IOHKCharles

Does Bitshares currently have a mission statement? Or some notion of its values and goals. Perhaps a constitution? It might be a really good community building exercise to do given the upcoming release of Bitshares 2. Maybe develop a list of questions and do a survey of the community.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So, as we've seen throughout the history of BitShares, some things worked out, some didn't. We had some problems with keyhotee, marketing, the client, lack of volume on our bitAssets and the peg could be better I guess. So, what are we up to in this new phase? It sure seems to have lots of potential, but maybe we should be more clear on our objectives?

https://discuss.nubits.com/t/bitshares-org-renewal-trade-bitcoin-without-counterparty-risk/1371

I mean, the rivalry might heat things up, people might just speak without thinking but if some people don't seem to realize what's our aim, then how are we going to get more public? Sure, lots of people will use BitShares without knowing why like we've seen with all the new partners we have, but it would be really awesome to bring in more investors, however, we can't do that if our message isn't clear enough.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads