Author Topic: Please stop changing the rules of the game  (Read 18018 times)

Offline EstefanTT

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bts is an entrepreneurial venture of unprecedented kind.  I completely understand why there is evolving change as things unfold.  It's not like we're funding a lemonade stand.  We're writing history.

Yes, it has been frustrating in the short-term.  But this is a marathon through uncharted territory.  And I have only seen proof that the Bts team will work as long and hard as it takes to make this project a success.   

+5% +5%
This!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
These is not competition just fraud. First PTS, then AGS, BTSX, Delegates, now Brownie. Who Know what is next. As a post 2/28 investor I still collecting PTS dust. In development of these beautiful technology (fraud) I invested a lot. Result: few PTS. I even didn't received all BTS I need to wait December or something. Thank you. Now Borownie.Points is more valuable than AGS. Brilliant way for stealing.
Again: AGS has ZERO value because it cannot be traded!
instead of spreading your FUD how about learning about an instrument BEFORE using it!

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
These is not competition just fraud. First PTS, then AGS, BTSX, Delegates, now Brownie. Who Know what is next. As a post 2/28 investor I still collecting PTS dust. In development of these beautiful technology (fraud) I invested a lot. Result: few PTS. I even didn't received all BTS I need to wait December or something. Thank you. Now Borownie.Points is more valuable than AGS. Brilliant way for stealing.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Competition is always useful and highly appreciated! BM and CNX are players/developers like you (should be). If you speculate on something brand-new, don't blame the others. Get active and contribute :-) Spread the word, help beta testing, fork everything if you like to, and design markets and tools for real people.

well said …
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
Haha, guys, this is really kindergarden. BitShares is an emerging (decentralised) market with flaws, fires, problems everywhere, etc. If you can do it better, do it yourself and fork it :-) Competition is always useful and highly appreciated! BM and CNX are players/developers like you (should be). If you speculate on something brand-new, don't blame the others. Get active and contribute :-) Spread the word, help beta testing, fork everything if you like to, and design markets and tools for real people.

Offline testz

Offline networker

• View Profile
BTS was DEAD when BM announced the merge.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline testz

I joined is because this group is more technically and philosophically advanced than any other.
Same  +5%

Offline roadscape

Bts is an entrepreneurial venture of unprecedented kind.  I completely understand why there is evolving change as things unfold.  It's not like we're funding a lemonade stand.  We're writing history.

Yes, it has been frustrating in the short-term.  But this is a marathon through uncharted territory.  And I have only seen proof that the Bts team will work as long and hard as it takes to make this project a success.   

+5% +5%
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Without change that results from innovation, Bitshares would already be worthless. It is revolutionary experimental software on the bleeding edge of network technology.  Honestly, what do you expect?

The constant fretting about sharesdrops and 'value proposition' is pretty ugly. Developers must do what is best for their project. Anyone can create an asset in Bitshares.  Bitshares has enormous potential value irrespective of a future gift.

Indeed.  Sharedrops are not a real factor in my continuing to hold BTS.  Sharedrops will buy my attention though; when I'm seriously sharedropped on I will take the time to see if I think the new project deserves my support.  That's the point of sharedrops.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Without change that results from innovation, Bitshares would already be worthless. It is revolutionary experimental software on the bleeding edge of network technology.  Honestly, what do you expect?

The constant fretting about sharesdrops and 'value proposition' is pretty ugly. Developers must do what is best for their project. Anyone can create an asset in Bitshares.  Bitshares has enormous potential value irrespective of a future gift.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We take this very seriously.  We learn, adapt, improve, ... compete. 
Have you read the reasoning behind the decision?  It was not made on a whim.

I am quite sure that you didn't do it on a whim. I'm not saying that. But the changes - in terms of the value a person gains from various actions (buying  pts, ags, or bts promoting Bitshares, or trying to build an allied business), as well as the core way that Bitshares is structured and its features have been subject to near constant changes from the start. My point is that when making such changes so often, regardless of how positive and well thought out those changes are, you make it very difficult for newcomers to get to grips with how to get involved, and potentially burn people who are already involved and trying to do something.

What's more this brownie point thing in particular is just another way of drawing value from the decentralized Bitshares to Cryptonomex. It feels like yet another example of what seems to be a general disregard for people who have actually bought into this thing in some way - either financially or with time and effort.

Just the opposite.

BitShares Sharedrop Theory has been well defined in many posts since I first introduced it more than a year ago.  It's always been up to each developer to pick the demographics that work best for their coins.  We try to encourage them to honor BTS with 20% of initial stake by making that a factor in whether they get a license, but in the end all developers will do what they feel best meets their objectives. 

Your preferred critieria, "people who have actually bought into this thing in some way - either financially or with time and effort," is met explicitly in the two choices John Underwood made: 

"financially" (via BitShares) or "with time and effort" (via Brownies).

Cryptonomex gets no special benefit from John's decision to double the minimum amount of initial stake the community gets and targeting it precisely the way you seem to be advocating.

The decision about interest on bitAssets took place over an extended period of discussion and community feedback this spring and everyone had plenty of notice about the issues.   All of the lessons learned are bundled into just one major upgrade in the switch to version 2.0.  Seems about right for a highly competitive industry and a development team well known for its fast-break offense. 

And we continue to add tools to allow developers to build their own user issued assets to support their own business models.  This whole summer has been about giving associated businesses lots of advance warning about where the developers are going.  The 30 day countdown is to allow time for integration and testing so that everyone can step off in lockstep at 2.0 launch.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:01:52 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Tuck Fheman

Wasting my time may not be a big deal, but it is indicative and I'm sure I'm not alone in this kind of experience.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15977.msg204711.html#msg204711  ;)