Author Topic: 50 PTS - Lets Talk Bitcoin Radio Ad Bounty [ACTIVE]  (Read 10005 times)

Offline bytemaster

My apologies everyone for not following up on this thread. 

At some point we will be doing ads, but this has taken a back burner while we get the technology implemented.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Previously Invictus had planned to start sponsoring shows on the Let's Talk Bitcoin! network towards the end of March.  I believe they've changed their marketing strategy, but nobody has been in touch to update on it.  Someone from Invictus will be able to comment on this.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline emailtooaj

Yes, I've been waiting to hear any responses! I guess no one wants to take this seriously? Or maybe there's some marketing plans already in the works behind the scenes?
Maybe this is a dead thread?
who knows at this point..lol
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Ok this bounty has gone quiet again.
Lets all collaborate on a community made script.
Everyone who adds some value could get 1PTS (what do people think of this?) This way we can get many iterations from lots of people and end up with something good. The community can negotiate higher payouts for the voice overs, editors etc.

We can use the script below as a base to work from. Do with it what you want! This can be my 1PTS. It would be cool to get an add out there.

Intro: Our hearts go out to those who lost their bitcoin and USD when Mt.Gox went under. Bitcoin is the world’s decentralized solution to currency yet people have suffered from its ties to centralized exchanges.

Community: Invictus Innovations, together a community of around 5000 people, is working valiantly to solve these centralized problems.

Potential: We plan to launch the world’s first decentralized bank and exchange in the upcoming weeks and have many more such decentralized products in the pipeline.

Profit: Not mentioned due to time constraint.

Find out more by visiting our website at invictus.io

Philosophy (only if there is time): Invictus innocations, pursing free markets that ensure life, liberty and property for all.

Offline emailtooaj

Thanks MrJeans  :)
It's not much, but it's a start!
The thing about advertising... there's so much to say within a limited time frame! I was kicking back-n-forth whether to keep the Bitcoin reference or not. I decided to keep it in since most opinions of this thread wanted to keep it "Mainstream".
That's why I raised the point earlier about the "stages", or what ever you wanna call it.
Finding the direction of the ad and gearing it towards which type of "Mainstream" listeners.
"Mainstream" by some could mean; people in the "know" of crypto-currency who currently interact with it on a daily basis? In that case, then YES I think Bitcoins could get removed.
I envisioned "Mainstream" to encompass the individuals that have little to no clue of what crypto is.
Like someone sitting on the couch at night watching TV with their iPad and hearing of Bitcoin through mainstream media sources.
With that type of listener, Bitcoin should get referenced in some fashion, so the listener can make a connection.
IMO crafting a 60 second spot would be more advantageous to get a more thorough message out to the public and giving the listener more time to absorb the information.
There are so many types of creative ads that I can get done via audio, print, tv and even internet, but before I get to deep with this I need to get some type of confirmation from Bytemaster that I have the potential to get hired for any future ad work for Invictus.
Bytemaster, shoot me a PM. I would enjoy the conversation with you!
 :D
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Awesome stuff. Your time is muchos appreciados

I've written the text of what I head to make it easier for people to provide comments:

"Bitcoins have changed our financial world.

Bitcoin, the currency exchanges peer-to-peer with no governments, no banks, all in a decentralized environment.

Invictus Innovations, with support of over 5000 developers, investors and people has launched a new financial matrix called bitshares.

Based on this exciting new protocol, bitshares will launch the world's first decentralized bank and exchange.

Become a bitshares investor and earn global dividends, see how at invictus.io.

i-n-v-i-c-t-u-s.io
"

If we pushed for time the part about bitcoin can be taken out as we would be speaking to an audience that should be familiar with bitcoin. Then the rest of the advert can include other stuff or be read more slowly. What do you think?

Offline emailtooaj

Below is a link to the proposed 30sec. Invictus.io audio spot.
Please take a listen and let me know of any changes or ideas (if any is needed).
Also take note... THIS IS NOT RADIO READY and CAN NOT BE USED FOR SUCH!!!!!
All necessary disclaimers must be added into the audio clip for "terrestrial" radio broadcasts.
This can be used for Internet streaming ads?, but still confirming.
Sorry, but I have to include our disclaimer as well...

Here is the 30sec. spot
http://kiwi6.com/file/xy1t42rkli

If a "terrestrial" radio spot is desired, then it will have to be a 60 sec air spot to include the disclaimers.
Other than that I look forward to hear back from every one  ;D

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Great stuff, I wait eagerly for your advert.
Its nice to see this bounty light up again. It was quiet for a long time

Offline emailtooaj

Hello Everyone,

I have worked up a 30 second radio script and should have it produced by end of this week (working spare time into my already busy schedule). Once it's produced I'll post it on the forum for people to voice their opinion.

I'm also taking the context of the same 30 second spot and making a more elaborate and detailed 60 second spot.
The thing with 30 second spots is time is very limited!!! You'll only be able to work in 50-60 words within that time, even talking FAST!!!

I'm also trying out some other side projects with cartoon animation software. Since I've never used animation software before, this should be interesting!! LOL
My whole goal with the animation is to get a good, clear, understandable story/tutorial of what cypto-currency is. Also, I plan to show how BitShares fits into the whole picture, what it is, and how it's going to benefit the financial world.

If anyone else out there is good with animation and can dedicate more time to create it, other than myself?! I'd be more than happy to give out my ideas and thoughts to help collaborate such a project!

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I sent this to a fellow forum member in a message a few days ago and we just haven't had time to collaborate on it, I figured I'd post it here.  If it helps kickstart the creative process for anyone, then great!

So one of the ideas I've been toying around with is a "story format" that Pixar writers use when they're coming up with new ideas.  Almost any Pixar movie you can think of follows this general format.

And it goes a little something like this:

Once upon a time: [fill in the blank] "...there was this little fish named, Nemo."
Every day: ..."Nemo and his dad loved swimming and exploring in the ocean"
One day: ..."Nemo was caught by a diver and ended up as a pet in a dentist's office"
Because of that: ..."his father set out on a journey to find him"
Because of that: ..."he encountered many turmoils throughout his adventure searching for his son"
Until Finally: ..."Nemo and his dad were re-united and went back to happily living in their reef"

The great thing about this format is that is captures all the elements of a great story, which is what we're trying to tell; the story of of BitShares.  But we have to do this so that most everyone can understand, in a simple way.  The idea is that the ad opens with an 'attention-getter', holds the attention of the audience until the very end, and culminates with excitement (that ideally the listener will act upon).  I think at the very end of the ad, it'd be best to end with some sort of slogan with a 'call to action' such as:

"Bitshares.  Doing for business what bitcoin does for money.  Please visit bitshares.org to learn more about what economics SHOULD be."

So there are a couple of perspectives from which I think we could approach this narrative.  One would be we tell the story "from the future". 

i.e. "Once upon a time, [....OR a Long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.. (we can play with the wording)] when governments existed, the emerging world of crypto-currencies had no choice but to trust appalling central authorities that would decide whether transactions...." etc. (you get the idea, it's a little wordy, but again - the goal is to be as simple and straight forward as possible).

OR we could approach it form the perspective of where economics is today and how it will evolve through BitShares.

OR we can approach it from a perspective I haven't even thought of yet

Anyways, that's where my brainstorming has led me so far, let me know what you think.  Anyone want to give it whirl?

38PTSWarrior

Offline Pbzmomma

• View Profile
If someone would like a lady with a nice soothing voice to read their script in the add I am available and willing to split the bounty in a fair way.  I did the voice on one of the first videos released for bitshares and several people commented on the lovely voice. Private message me if you are interested.

Thanks

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Thank you MrJeans!! That's a great script to work from!
I guess the main question of this should be "who" are we trying to target initially?
Mainstream users, Developers, miners, investors???
Ideally the answer should be all the above, but with limited time in the spots, a main target audience needs to be clarified.
IMO the marketing strategy should get broken down into "stages".
Stage 1 - Create add to market to Developers (get more potential application development into the Bitshare protocol)
Stage 2 - Create add to target Investors (AGS, BTC, PTS donations)
Stage 3 - Create add to target potential Miners (ROI potential, etc)
Stage 4 - Create add to target the Main Stream user (ex. go after just end users that aren't classified above)

Any input and suggestions/criticism would be awesome!!!

The sooner we get a clear vision, or direction with this; the more potent the ads can become!!! Must have a CLEAR message!
Shot for the feedback. Now the ball is rolling again!
So with the advert above I was thinking of the main stream user. What happened to MtGox users is really terrible and the community would be interested in alternatives to centralized exchanges (they most probably dont know there can be alternatives). So the advert would be there just to put the concept of an alternative into their mind and then direct them to the website for more info.

Yes we will most likely need more adverts to specifically target developers, investors etc.
But I dont think this needs to be done in specific stages. There may be value in the stage approach but it may delay putting out adverts if we insist on an order. And times wasting!

Offline emailtooaj

Thank you MrJeans!! That's a great script to work from!
I guess the main question of this should be "who" are we trying to target initially?
Mainstream users, Developers, miners, investors???
Ideally the answer should be all the above, but with limited time in the spots, a main target audience needs to be clarified.
IMO the marketing strategy should get broken down into "stages".
Stage 1 - Create add to market to Developers (get more potential application development into the Bitshare protocol)
Stage 2 - Create add to target Investors (AGS, BTC, PTS donations)
Stage 3 - Create add to target potential Miners (ROI potential, etc)
Stage 4 - Create add to target the Main Stream user (ex. go after just end users that aren't classified above)

Any input and suggestions/criticism would be awesome!!!

The sooner we get a clear vision, or direction with this; the more potent the ads can become!!! Must have a CLEAR message!

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Is this closed yet?
If not, is there an available script or context sheet to work off of?
I have my family's Ad agency at my disposal with 30+yrs in radio, and production studio.

Below is a script I wrote (blue). This is meant to be a 30 second advert. I am happy to let this be part of a collaboration effort as I dont have the skills to do a radio voice over. I would be happy to accept 10PTS if this gets used and let the other 40PTS be used for creating the voice over.
Lets collaborate and get an add out there!

Intro: Our hearts go out to those who lost their bitcoin and USD when Mt.Gox went under. Bitcoin is the world’s decentralized solution to currency yet people have suffered from its ties to centralized exchanges.

Community: Invictus Innovations, together a community of around 5000 people, is working valiantly to solve these centralized problems.

Potential: We plan to launch the world’s first decentralized bank and exchange in the upcoming weeks and have many more such decentralized products in the pipeline.

Profit: Not mentioned due to time constraint.

Find out more by visiting our website at invictus.io

Philosophy (only if there is time): Invictus innocations, pursing free markets that ensure life, liberty and property for all.