Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 131387 times)

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Any plans to make MPA's average user friendly? I'm not sure what would we be possible through GUI without much effort.
What I want  is ability to provide feed by hand, same issue with prediction market. I did some tests and could not find any options responsible for that.
Next, I can't find MCR and SQP options - I"m almost sure this was available before.

Do I need full node to run MPA with my own feed? For my needs simple in GUI feed providing would be enough.
I think minimum what must be done now is simple warning for users: " Don't touch this,  you will be unable to provide feed and change market options through GUI" - something like that.
Same goes for others features not ready yet.

Offline svk

One of the releases changed the naming scheme and dropped the "open" part of assets.  This is confusing for new users as when your on the bts trading tab for example there is now BTC and bitBTC.  They do not know the difference.

If we keep this style of dropping the prefix, I believe there should be an additional tab with ONLY bitassets so users can be assured they are trading blockchain backed assets.
This is done by Openledger and it's only their choice. Bitshares client display prefixes as earlier.

I sent them a message, thanks for the tip.  I thought @svk was doing the GUI work for Openledger also?
Nope this was the Openledger team, not me.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
One of the releases changed the naming scheme and dropped the "open" part of assets.  This is confusing for new users as when your on the bts trading tab for example there is now BTC and bitBTC.  They do not know the difference.

If we keep this style of dropping the prefix, I believe there should be an additional tab with ONLY bitassets so users can be assured they are trading blockchain backed assets.
This is done by Openledger and it's only their choice. Bitshares client display prefixes as earlier.

I sent them a message, thanks for the tip.  I thought @svk was doing the GUI work for Openledger also?

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:51:57 pm by nmywn »

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Sorry if this has been mentioned before; i did not trawl through the 34 pages prior to making this post. (i just noticed it was also mentioned by @hammurabi a few posts back)

I am always confused by the toggle buttons within the asset creation menus...  i always finding myself going back to the market fee toggle button or the smart coin toggle button to confirm which is on and off; i do this because these are the only button with visual feedback that i can tell when it is enabled/on and disabled/off.

Given they are simple binary option i think it would be better served with a checkbox or some other button type that is more recognisable which toggle is on and which toggle is off.

i think this simple change would help the intuitiveness of that interface.

I agree 100%.

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Sorry if this has been mentioned before; i did not trawl through the 34 pages prior to making this post. (i just noticed it was also mentioned by @hammurabi a few posts back)

I am always confused by the toggle buttons within the asset creation menus...  i always finding myself going back to the market fee toggle button or the smart coin toggle button to confirm which is on and off; i do this because these are the only button with visual feedback that i can tell when it is enabled/on and disabled/off.

Given they are simple binary option i think it would be better served with a checkbox or some other button type that is more recognisable which toggle is on and which toggle is off.

i think this simple change would help the intuitiveness of that interface.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Trollbox issues on firefox 48.0.1 win10 x64

The pin button used to put it nicely on the side of the screen now it basically minimizes it to the bottom.

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
Another feature missing:

The mouse pointer/cross doesn't show the price level I am pointing at.
I need to guess or use school ruler and calculate :)

Expected behavior:
pointing somewhere at the chart should show me the price level I pointed at.
similar to the current price shown on the right side of the chart.

This is important feature!

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Agreed with the previous post on active markets. Take a look at ripplecharts.com. It has 24h network stats with a pie chart which show where the volume comes from on the front page. This is very useful. And overall this site is worth to explore since it has some elegant solution which openledger could borrow.

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
lightweight wallet feedback:

- flags on asset creation are ambiguous.
Please consider adding label "on/off" to asset creation flags or use color green/red or something obvious.

- active markets list
On the wallet's main page, above featured markets, there should be a row with the most active markets on the platform to attract traders!
Figuring out where trading takes place requires additional brainpower and brainpower is costly to use :)
Currently there is for example open.dao featured as first item. I personally would remove such items from the very first page. It makes false first impression that the platform is not being actively used at all.
The current feature list would be just fine if it listed the most active markets instead of dead ones!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:32:30 pm by hammurabi »

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Thanks for the feedback @tbone. We actually have some improvements in the pipeline here, just need to code them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good.  Thanks!

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Is it possible to add margin call price and my call price marks to the market depth chart? Or display them in the top bar?

Offline svk

Thanks for the feedback @tbone. We actually have some improvements in the pipeline here, just need to code them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks