Author Topic: Repost: Announcing AGS & BitShares Allocation  (Read 67186 times)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

OK, Thanks Stan.

So I've started a draft of this Bitshare DAC brainstorm survey as described here:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/164/2

Remember, this is just a draft, so if anything needs fixing, just let me know and I'll fix it, or you can wiki the change yourself.

If anyone wants help creating a new DAC camp, or improving an existing one, just let me know.  All that is needed to start a camp is a camp name (limit 25 chars) and a camp title (limit 65 chars) to get a camp started.

Upwards,

Brent Allsop

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The lack of an answer to this question is leading me to guess there isn't yet a formal list of proposed DACs?  A Canonizer.com survey topic would be one possible way of crowd sourcing and brain storming such a list.  Anyone could start a new camp for any proposed DAC.  Everyone supporting such could help wiki it.  Everyone could then support the camps in the order of importance relative to all other DACs, giving a quantitative relative ranking of interest in each.

Each camp could concisely describe the design of their DAC.  If any diversity of opinion showed up about the design of any camp, this diversity of opinion could be pushed to lower level supporting sub camps, where the amount of interest in each different opinion could be quantitatively tracked.  That would avoid the destruction of support for the DAC, due to any differences of opinion on the specs of each DAC.

We could create a super camp for DACs people thought should adhere to the angel share / photosphere contract you just described.  That super camp could concisely describe the contract.  That way all DACS willing to support such could be listed as supporting sub camps of that super camp.  If someone wanted to create a DAC that didn't support the contract, they could add this as a sibling / competitor to this contract supper camp, indicating such.  In that way, if anyone thought the same DAC should adhere to that contract, they could 'fork' the camp, one being under (in a supporting position to) the contract supper camp, and one not.  This would provide a quantitative measure of how much support there was for both, relative to all other camps.

We want to encourage decentralization of developers.  Publishing a long list of our plans might discourage others from picking one of our ideas to develop on their own.  So we have described many of them but will leave them up for grabs until we have found the right people to start work on one.  Watch the next newsletter to see our plan for this.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to start your proposed brainstorming camp.  More discussion and ideas are good for us all.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Thanks, Stan, that helps.

Is there a list of DACs somewhere that will abide by this allocation process?

What priority will they be developed, and how much work will be put towards each, and how will all that be decided?

Brent

This month's newsletter will be out very soon. 
You should get some better insights from it.
 ;)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
The lack of an answer to this question is leading me to guess there isn't yet a formal list of proposed DACs?  A Canonizer.com survey topic would be one possible way of crowd sourcing and brain storming such a list.  Anyone could start a new camp for any proposed DAC.  Everyone supporting such could help wiki it.  Everyone could then support the camps in the order of importance relative to all other DACs, giving a quantitative relative ranking of interest in each.

Each camp could concisely describe the design of their DAC.  If any diversity of opinion showed up about the design of any camp, this diversity of opinion could be pushed to lower level supporting sub camps, where the amount of interest in each different opinion could be quantitatively tracked.  That would avoid the destruction of support for the DAC, due to any differences of opinion on the specs of each DAC.

We could create a super camp for DACs people thought should adhere to the angel share / photosphere contract you just described.  That super camp could concisely describe the contract.  That way all DACS willing to support such could be listed as supporting sub camps of that super camp.  If someone wanted to create a DAC that didn't support the contract, they could add this as a sibling / competitor to this contract supper camp, indicating such.  In that way, if anyone thought the same DAC should adhere to that contract, they could 'fork' the camp, one being under (in a supporting position to) the contract supper camp, and one not.  This would provide a quantitative measure of how much support there was for both, relative to all other camps.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:45:36 am by Brent.Allsop »

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Thanks, Stan, that helps.

Is there a list of DACs somewhere that will abide by this allocation process?

What priority will they be developed, and how much work will be put towards each, and how will all that be decided?

Brent

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Hi Stan,

Thanks for all the help with this.  I thought this was a simple question, but it's much more complicated.

So when new DACS are created, what determines who get's the initial shares.  It looks like it will be different for each DAC?

And is there a list of possible DACS, possibly prioritized, which AGS and PTS owners will get in on?

Brent Allsop

At least 10% of the BitShares should be allocated to holders of BitShares PTS.
At least 10% of the BitShares should be allocated to holders of BitShares AGS.
The remaining BitShares should be customized to the needs of each BitShares chain.

The allocation depends on who holds them when each DAC is initialized.  Developers decide the last 80% so as to be most competitive.  If they get this wrong someone will offer a better deal to attract supporters and customers.

So, developers compete to have the best answer to your question!

Our forum is full of alternative DAC discussions.  The July Beyond Bitcoin Summit will include a competition to launch ~5 more...

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Hi Stan,

Thanks for all the help with this.  I thought this was a simple question, but it's much more complicated.

So when new DACS are created, what determines who get's the initial shares.  It looks like it will be different for each DAC?

And is there a list of possible DACS, possibly prioritized, which AGS and PTS owners will get in on?

Brent Allsop

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

OK, they "span all".

So does that mean there will be one fixed "genesis block" set of participants, that will be used for all subsequent DAOs?  And if you sell the first Bitshares, once they are trading, you will not be selling your right to have those shares in subsequent genesis blocks, be owned by you?

Brent Allsop

If you are releasing an upgrade to an existing DAC, you should naturally honor the current BTS ownership status not reset it to PTS and AGS holders at that time.

If you are releasing a completely new DAC you would naturally honor PTS and AGS holders at that time, not BTS.

Where it gets really interesting is when you use BitShares infrastructure to launch a directly competing DAC.  Then you might use the remaining uncommitted 80% to honor your competitor's shareholders and instantly inherit their user base.  As long as the first 20% honored PTS and AGS at that time you would probably achieve a winning consensus.

Your actual mileage may vary.  It is up to each developer to find a consensus their targeted base will accept without leaving a competitor able to offer that base a cloned better deal.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:19:38 pm by Stan »

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

OK, they "span all".

So does that mean there will be one fixed "genesis block" set of participants, that will be used for all subsequent DAOs?  And if you sell the first Bitshares, once they are trading, you will not be selling your right to have those shares in subsequent genesis blocks, be owned by you?

Brent Allsop

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

After Bitshares are trading...

If you sell some shares, do you also share the rights to be included in subsequent DAO Genesis blocks?

Or are the new DAO Genesis blocks only seeded form the holders of shares in the Bitshares Genesis block?

Or something else?

Brent Allsop

PTS and AGS spawn all.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

After Bitshares are trading...

If you sell some shares, do you also share the rights to be included in subsequent DAO Genesis blocks?

Or are the new DAO Genesis blocks only seeded form the holders of shares in the Bitshares Genesis block?

Or something else?

Brent Allsop

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

clout

Offline Markus

• View Profile

It says: "Be vigilant! Watch for slow days and anyone can snag some great bargains."

Also people mention things like some guy is buying 10 BTC worth each day.

How do you get this kind of information?

Brent Allsop

Start here https://blockchain.info/de/address/1KVR6eyJMuXJJGNFjAGpS9F167GqzEg2d9
and click yourself through to the addresses receiving the change. You'll see that one guy has invested about 275 BTC into AGS and has at least 205 BTC left to spend.
If he keeps it up he will end up with about  +5% of all BitShares :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:35:16 am by Markus »

Offline bytemaster

It says: "Be vigilant! Watch for slow days and anyone can snag some great bargains."

Also people mention things like some guy is buying 10 BTC worth each day.

How do you get this kind of information?

Brent Allsop

agsexplorer.com
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.