Author Topic: No Affiliate System at launch  (Read 11762 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

i think the affiliate systems already works (look at dacplay), but openledge gives nothing back.

Yea I am aware of that, and it is truly disappointing. That wasn't what was 'planned' from the June announcement, it wasn't what was told to us by Bytemaster or valzav and it is surely should be a concern for the community as the referral system was supposed to be the springboard to get more users and a reward to those who use their energy to promote the system. DacPlay was somehow able to figure out how to get referral links credited correctly in a matter of days after seeing the new system, it is a wonder why the developers chose not to have had it implemented from the get go or at the least have it implemented it in a timely manner. With all the link and banner traffic I am sending to OpenLedger, feels more like a money grab than a referral system.

Offline topcandle

The Affiliate System will be available by the end of the week.
Which week?

Precisely.

LOL!   Which summer are talking about while that we're at it?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i think the affiliate systems already works (look at dacplay), but openledge gives nothing back.

The Affiliate System will be available by the end of the week.
Which week?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What is the date of this discussion?
yesterday (19th)

- no one know how they will build the affiliate program - your link may or may not work
From what valzav told me the registrar will be either OL or CNX and the referer solt will be free so that the exchange can put the ?r=<X> into this field on the chain

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Couple of questions i hope someone could clear up for me please..

https://bitshares.org/wallet/?r=yourname#/create-account
Would a link such as the one above make the [username] the 'Affiliate Referrer' or the 'Lifetime Referrer' ? or both? (if lifetime member)

if the above link is for the 'Affiliate Referrer' how would one go about referring a user and being their  'Lifetime Referrer' ?

can the 'Affiliate Referrer' be a non-member account?

- only life time member can refer people

- no one know how they will build the affiliate program - your link may or may not work

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Couple of questions i hope someone could clear up for me please..

https://bitshares.org/wallet/?r=yourname#/create-account
Would a link such as the one above make the [username] the 'Affiliate Referrer' or the 'Lifetime Referrer' ? or both? (if lifetime member)

if the above link is for the 'Affiliate Referrer' how would one go about referring a user and being their  'Lifetime Referrer' ?

can the 'Affiliate Referrer' be a non-member account?

valzav:
... but the referral program will be open for everyone, all you would have to do is to send people to ?r=your-account-name url

xeroc [5:00 PM]
Would love to hear some more details about how this is achieved .. considering the two spots (referer and registar) are filled already with CNX and OL

valzav [5:01 PM]
I think there will be two separate faucets

CNX and OL ones

xeroc [5:02 PM]
ah .. and CNX/OL will be registrar and the referer will be ?r=<X> ..

valzav [5:02 PM]
yes

sounds great ..

valzav [5:04 PM]
currently there is only OL faucet and it uses only registrar slot, I’m planning add url based referrer to it later this week (no need to use CNX here), so you would be able to use it this week
What is the date of this discussion?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
valzav:
... but the referral program will be open for everyone, all you would have to do is to send people to ?r=your-account-name url

xeroc [5:00 PM]
Would love to hear some more details about how this is achieved .. considering the two spots (referer and registar) are filled already with CNX and OL

I think there will be two separate faucets

CNX and OL ones

ah .. and CNX/OL will be registrar and the referer will be ?r=<X> ..

valzav [5:02 PM]
yes

sounds great ..

valzav [5:04 PM]
currently there is only OL faucet and it uses only registrar slot, I’m planning add url based referrer to it later this week (no need to use CNX here), so you would be able to use it this week

bump

Any progress on this, the end of the week has come and gone.

iHashFury

More information on this would be appreciated as I have sent a few users to bitshares.org

Offline mangou007

Dan already said this would be implemented in a few days

When did he say that?  Last I heard he said would be end of week.  So Im expecting next week...

It was talked about in the last hangout. We are also on the starting blocks waiting for the referral program to start ;)
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline bitcoin42

Any news on this?

I created an account within my wallet for a friend, extracted the private keys and imported them into a new wallet for him. But't kind very bulky way to do it, plus... Also, I still have his account in my "Dashboard" although I can't display his private keys.... either way... i should have not seen his private keys ever...

So How the heck do you refer people `?

Thanks for the help here.