Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin Worker Proposal? (Poll)  (Read 5434 times)

Offline fuzzy

Aslo wasnt there a Xeldal delegate with 1M bts to donate to worthy community projects? This would definitely be one of them

There is bitshares breakout and adam ernest apparently has a bunch he can give out as well.  But that isnt a solution to keep us strong for, say, the next year. 

Nearly all the funding i have received has gone right back into bitshares.  In fact the brownies being used to pay @gchicken to develop the mumble uia distributor has been used to further empower the community (obviously not myself) by enabling anyone to start their own operation similar to our own.  Why?  Because giving more people these tools helps the community--even if it doesnt help beyond bitcoin. 

To be honest, i do not know of a single thing like beyond bitcoin in the cryotospace outside bitshares...and that is because the delegate funding enabled me and the team to focus on giving back to the community who participates.  I do, however, know of many projects and people who have received similar (though likely far more) funding and returned little to nothing to our community. 

My big question is whether the community realizes the sacrifices bb has made for bitshares. And if that sacrifice is worth reciprocating.

The funding our community gives beyond bitcoin...largely goes back to bitshares...which is a amazing and especially selfless in the crypto space.  I personally think it is very important to maintain that value proposition...and give back to those who have provided this service. 

Ultimately, the question to me is whether the community believes our team of 8 or so individuals have consistently brought more value to our community than they have received...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:21:16 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Aslo wasnt there a Xeldal delegate with 1M bts to donate to worthy community projects? This would definitely be one of them
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

We are currently sitting on 69% approval from this poll.  If anyone wants to raise (or lower) this %, please make sure to vote!

Offline fuzzy

Thanks team for posting the info the community is wanting to see. @clains @btswildpig are the only ones still needing to post, but i can assure their pay is similarly utilized to help various projects.

Still looking for more votes so please dont stop!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:27:58 am by fuzzy »

Offline emailtooaj

Here's what my YTD pay has been via BTS from the fuzzy.beyondbitcoin delegate.
Please note that the first payout (including some back pay) was on March 26, 2015 in the amount of 40,000 BTS and I was slated to receive future pay outs of 5,900 BTS/wk thereafter.  After the fourth BTS payment was made to me, I elected to donate 12.5% of my future payouts to help support Datasecuritynode and the MineBitshares project.  That donation worked out to be 737.5 BTS/wk.

So far the YTD breakdown is as follows...
40,000 BTS = Initial pay out
23,600 BTS = 4 weeks’ pay @ 5,900/wk (pre-donation)
129,062.5 BTS = 25 weeks of pay @ 5162.50/wk (post-donation)
---------------------------------------------------
192,562.50 BTS Total paid to emailtooaj
18,437.5 BTS = 25 weekly donations of 737.50 to MineBitshares
Grand Total payout of 211,000 BTS

Though I can't recall the exact number, I used some of my delegate funds to help the Moonstone wallet project and recently sent 1,000 BTS to Clayop in helping to support the stress test/tx flood on the 2.0 test network. 
Otherwise, I've held onto every other BTS in my wallet.  Any actual USD ($) that I’ve spent out of pocket includes various DAW plug-ins, music making software, sound samples and voice recording equipment.   ATM I don’t recall the actual totals that I’ve spent?  If this is critical, needed info, I certainly will research my bank records to get you answers but, if I had to guess off the top of my head, it was approximately around $200-250 USD total.

So that was the income/expense portion of this post… now trying to figuring out how best to classify my role within Beyond Bitcoin and possibly calculate what a “fair pay” could, or should be, is a bit trickier!
Reason is this, technically I do both Audio Editing and Final Audio Mastering of the BB Hangouts.  In a real world “Studio” environment, this work is typically done by two separate people with different talents, while the Final Audio Mastering work to be considered the more “experienced” or prestigious role, hence the one who makes more salary.  Like I just mentioned, I’m doing both of these jobs myself. 
With that in mind, I’ll try wrapping this into a somewhat, consolidated established baseline, so we can clearly see and make some comparisons from.  Since I currently live in the U.S. and I have U.S. living expenses; I'm going to work calculations from what a "newbie" or low to NO experience starting position would pay out for this line of work located here in the USA, aka… bottom of the barrel.
For this line of work, the entry level job is averaged on the low end at around $32,000 per yr. which can be verified here (the actual avg. Median is $43,992/yr)...
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Audio_Engineer/Salary

With a yearly salary of $32,000/yr.(USD) this would break down as follows...
$2,666.66/mo or
$615.38/wk or $15.38/hr (based on 40hr. work week)
So based on a $15.38/hr rate... I typically spend minimum, an average of 8+ hours per week working for Beyond Bitcoin in regards of the editing and processing of Hangouts, among various other tasks.
With these figures in mind, I "should be" paid fairly a minimum of $123.07 per week, based on 8 hours of work.
Now, if we take the current BTS value of $0.006 USD (or roughly 2,400 satoshi, which is higher than previous months), then I have been paid from the Beyond Bitcoin delegate a total of $1,266.60 USD Y.T.D. (total of 30 weekly payouts) of which $110.625 USD was donated to MineBitshares as explained earlier.  So $1,266.60 minus $110.625 equals $1,155.95 for 30 weeks and that breaks down to $38.53 per week, about a 69% decrease from the minimum market rate here in the U.S.
OR, if I didn’t donate a percentage of my portion to minebitshares… then a 65% decrease from minimum.
I hope you can clearly see that I, among the rest of Beyond Bitcoin have donated A LOT of time, while getting paid WAY under market value for similar positions! 
Also, as a personal side note, I’ve edited some 100+ Hangouts… the Beyond Bitcoin delegate has only “compensated” for 30! 
So please don’t be foolish thinking that we’re rolling in the dough and taking advantage of our community!! 
So there you have it! 

I sincerely respect your opinions and hope everyone has enjoyed the professional work Beyond Bitcoin has done for our community!

Peace!  :D  emailtooaj
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline fuzzy

What about joining with dposhub or creating a beyond bitcoin uia?

This is a good time to say that we ARE going to have our own UIA soon and will be approaching the community about turning beyond bitcoin further into a platform powered by bitshares' community...and likely every community that decides to use our decentralized exchange. 

As far as merging with DPOSHub, I am never against mergers if they are beneficial to both parties and reflect a fair distribution among those who participated in the projects in question.  It is very difficult to accomplish, though possible.  I obviously love the idea as well, considering that much of what is planned were my ideas (as @cryptoprometheus has already stated multiple times in hangouts). 

Names often get in the way so im focusing more on partnerships that will come onboard to be part of a project from which they will all benefit. There was a time when I was a bit concerned that we would end up having a split between projects, but that has changed because of what we are working on and the fact that dposhub will save lots of money and will also empower the community by connecting to our project, makes things different--more symbiotic (such a good word to be able to use).

Thanks to @ccedk and @freebieservers, we will be holding a hangout this week regarding it. My biggest hope is always to try to work together and bring others onboard from our community when at all possible to our future projects, so the best way to ensure that is to ensure that dposhub benefits from what beyond bitcoin does regardless of what banner flies over our head.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:06:22 pm by fuzzy »

Tuck Fheman

What about joining with dposhub

Maybe dposhub should join Beyond Bitcoin. ;)

BBorg exist as more than an idea waiting to be funded, it's a reality that exist with or without funding and has been functioning for 1+ years for the BitShares community.

Hey, everyone head on over to dposhub tomorrow for the update hangout to solve any issues you have! What's that?!  Oh, it doesn't exist?!

Well, guess you better head to BeyondBitcoin.org then! ;)

While everyone's at BeyondBitcoin.org tomorrow, be sure to consider donating to the cause or consider voting for BBorg's Worker Proposal when you can! ;)

Tuck Fheman

Quote from: fuzzy
Can you guys please post your "income" and expenses on the forum poll post i made for beyond bitcoin?

On average we were spending around 10-15 hours per week ...
 - typing up the transcripts
 - proofing
 - creating hangout page
 - SEO
 - posting the links to various social media platforms
 - inviting randoms to visit the site
 - answering questions by providing quotes from transcripts,

The "going rate" (as outlined by Dan) for transcripts is $0.85 - $1/minute if you were to pay an online service to do it.
Transcripts range from 5,000-10,000+ words each (and these are not your ordinary words, lel)
The transcription software was/is $20/year.

I guess you want us to list what we've been paid to date.

30,000 BTS from CLains on 9/9/15 for 7 weeks of transcripts.
8,850.00 BTS from CLains on 7/22/15 for 2  transcripts.
4,425.00 BTS from CLains on 7/12/15 for 1  transcript.
-------------
3,650.625 BTS from jabbajabba on 8/31/15.
3,650.625 BTS from jabbajabba on 8/24/15.
3,650.625 BTS from jabbajabba on 8/17/15.
3,650.625 BTS from jabbajabba on 8/10/15.
3,650.625 BTS from jabbajabba on 8/4/15.
3,650.625 BTS from jabbajabba on 7/28/15.
-------------
Total BTS received : 21903.75 (jabba) + 43,275 (CLains) = 65,178.75 BTS for ~19 Transcripts (trying to track them all down for accurate count, will update this later if incorrect).

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:57:28 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
that's a great idea!  Surely Beyond Bitcoin could be a referral engine which can help to monetize the value of it's unique marketing and community-to-dev connection capabilities!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JoeyD

Perhaps a break down of what funds are needed and for what would be helpful

"payto_account1": ["fuzzy.beyondbitcoin", "0.05"],
  "payto_account2": ["emailtooaj", "0.175"],
  "payto_account3": ["jabbajabba", "0.1375"],
  "payto_account4": [JoeyD"BTS7kNZtp64ZR1R4yC2w98g9MaLQQJRpQYTbDLFNHkM8L2AFZSj1E", "0.1375"],
  "payto_account5": [TuckFheMan"BTS7kNZtp64ZR1R4yC2w98g9MaLQQJRpQYTbDLFNHkM8L2AFZSj1E", "0.1375"],
  "payto_account6": [Riverhead"BTS82T1VMgDz3TSg3S7HM5e8UMzo5zUYLoPnnL459QcypvpefGcaX", "0.1"],
  "payto_account7": ["bunkermining", "0.1125"],
  "payto_account8": ["clains", "0.15"],

(The JoeyD and TuckFheMan accounts might be switched.  And Holy crap I actually am getting paid some?---if I had only been able to open my wallet for the past 6 months :P)

As of yesterday I no longer have to share my residence with relatives and also no longer have to hold peacekeeping conferences till the early hours, so I can concentrate on getting my btswallet updated. I don't know when I was supposed to have gotten the pay, but as far as I know I've never gotten anything. My titan address is "claude-homml" btw, so I'm not sure where the long version came from.

And fuzzy do you seriously still not have a working wallet, damn that's serious.

Offline fuzzy

However, CLains has been nice enough to donate some of his portion our way (thanks!) in the past and someone (jabba?) gave Buck some of their portion for a bit for transcripts.
yea i gave 90% to buck and im willing to give anyone who writes the transcripts 90% of my pay because its a really shitty job.
but now that the delegate is gone there is nothing more to give.  :)

Oh that is odd, it must still be in btswildpig's account.  I'll reach out to him to see if that is the case.

Offline JA

• View Profile
However, CLains has been nice enough to donate some of his portion our way (thanks!) in the past and someone (jabba?) gave Buck some of their portion for a bit for transcripts.
yea i gave 90% to buck and im willing to give anyone who writes the transcripts 90% of my pay because its a really shitty job.
but now that the delegate is gone there is nothing more to give.  :)

Tuck Fheman

"payto_account4": [JoeyD"BTS7kNZtp64ZR1R4yC2w98g9MaLQQJRpQYTbDLFNHkM8L2AFZSj1E", "0.1375"],
  "payto_account5": [TuckFheMan"BTS7kNZtp64ZR1R4yC2w98g9MaLQQJRpQYTbDLFNHkM8L2AFZSj1E", "0.1375"],
  "payto_account6": [Riverhead"BTS82T1VMgDz3TSg3S7HM5e8UMzo5zUYLoPnnL459QcypvpefGcaX", "0.1"],

(The JoeyD and TuckFheMan accounts might be switched.  And Holy crap I actually am getting paid some?---if I had only been able to open my wallet for the past 6 months :P)

Yeah that's not one of our addresses. If something was supposed to be diverted our way it's never arrived.  :-\

Offline fuzzy