Author Topic: My Committe Slate  (Read 5518 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I would like to see Cryptonomex represented, as well as CCEDK.

The CCEDK people definitely should be represented (if they so wish). I'd love to include the perspective of a blockchain partner, and one whose people are so heavily involved in OpenLedger.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for the "invitations" to run a committee member .. I have considered doing for quite some time but will not run for it as long as I have not finished most of my work here ..
I feel that in order to prepare a serious committee seat, alot of preparations and time has to be put into a (long-term) business plan to properly define the fees and earnings of witnesses and workers.
Once the network matures and the dust of initial path finding settles, I will try to run for a committee seat ..

But in the meantime (initial startup bootstrapping), I think the best would be to have a someone "in control of the parameters" that has the knowledge and economical understanding of what goes on short and long-term.

I know, this may sound odd to many of you, but I think we should stand behind Bytemaster and support his decisions for BitShares. He definitely wants BitShares to be way bigger than most of you can even dream of (not an investment advice)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
good list, I too like xeroc.

Has anyone publicly declared an interest in  being on the committee?
+5% +5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Xeldal

Since I'm here I may as well explain the reasons nobody wants this position:

You're basically a politician and have to spend a LOT of time communicating with shareholders to maintain a positive perception (your previous post is a great example of what I mean). That would be fine if you were getting some sort of compensation but committee members are unpaid positions (as they should be). On top of all that, community members here are viciously overly critical. Not only do they expect you to work for free, but you have to work damn hard at that.

Perhaps I'm wrong and being a committee member will be much easier than an unpaid marketing delegate, but I don't think so.

+5%

For now committee seats might be held by individuals, but I think it will eventually be representatives from businesses and eventually representatives from groups of businesses, or institutions.  Like we see in bitcoin now with all sorts of alliances, coalitions, foundations etc.  Businesses are better suited for the evaluation necessary to be well informed and are by need of profit, properly incentivized.

I would like to see Cryptonomex represented, as well as CCEDK.

Some others I think could make a case, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many,.. perhaps Maker, BeyondBitcoin, Bunker, Lime, BitSaphire, DPoS Hub, Gem, Banx, Identabit, Success Council, FreebieServer, etc. 

I'm not saying I support any of these , only that they seem like natural starting points. 

I suppose an individual, like Dan, could likely hold a seat for as long as he wanted one.  But eventually, most will be businesses.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

You're basically a politician and have to spend a LOT of time communicating with shareholders to maintain a positive perception (your previous post is a great example of what I mean). That would be fine if you were getting some sort of compensation but committee members are unpaid positions (as they should be). On top of all that, community members here are viciously overly critical. Not only do they expect you to work for free, but you have to work damn hard at that.

Perhaps I'm wrong and being a committee member will be much easier than an unpaid marketing delegate, but I don't think so.

I can certainly agree with this ^

Not all community members are vicious though.  I have actually found a small and very vocal demographic does help give that impression at times though (and I can include myself in the past to have been in this demographic).

However, I WILL say that BTS committee members are public servants...
I personally think that the community should be able to vote to keep committee members in power after priorly-specified periods of time are up.  If the community agrees that the committee member has done well at the end of that point, the committee member in question can be given a certain amount of funding as a thank you for remaining trustworthy.

Disagree with the funding part.  Committee members need to have a lot at stake so that being a committee member allows them to advance their business and bitshares together.  The strongest committees are the ones that band together and form lobbies, think the tavern league.  It may not be the prettiest, but it is the most effective.

Offline fuzzy

I can certainly agree with this ^

Not all community members are vicious though.  I have actually found a small and very vocal demographic does help give that impression at times though (and I can include myself in the past to have been in this demographic).

However, I WILL say that BTS committee members are public servants...
I personally think that the community should be able to vote to keep committee members in power after priorly-specified periods of time are up.  If the community agrees that the committee member has done well at the end of that point, the committee member in question can be given a certain amount of funding as a thank you for remaining trustworthy.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Method- got elected as a delegate, quit, still got paid, never delivered anything while blaming the market cap and being too busy with more important things.

False. I NEVER got paid anything! Everything I did for this project was done for free.

I don't have anything against you method... Just reporting what I saw over the last year. You were elected, said you were going to bring Stacie on to help, never saw her after the wine drinking video, you barely came around the whole first half of 2015, and your delegate was receiving funds the whole time.  I'm not sure if you were giving them to someone else, but their was a lack of transparency that I believe committee members need to have.

Riverhead made a public post stating he was using the funds to provide liquidity for metaexchange. I also had about 250k BTS in reserves when I decided to leave and gave them all to Cass. Both can confirm. I have no interest in being involved with any political position in this community. BTS1 was unmarketable as a product. Nothing I could do about that; defer blame elsewhere.

EDIT:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15131.0.html
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18168.msg232236.html#msg232236
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15131.msg195459.html#msg195459

Despite certain other people around here who try to take credit, I came up with the idea to put a referral program on a blockchain by using a DACs fees. That system wasn't available in BTS1 so I had to make due with a paid delegate. When I left, I was told to keep quiet about leaving because it would impact market cap, so I did.

How long would you work for free lil_jay890?

I wouldn't work for free and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either.  I'm not here to cut you down.  I just don't know the story of what was happening between when you were elected in late November 2014 and the post by riverhead that you were moving on in late March of 2015.  And I never heard of delegates being told to keep quite about leaving, and if it did happen that is terrible.

BTS1 didn't work for many of the reason listed in this thread.  I'm just trying to emphasize transparency is a necessity.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
why don't we let the blockchain burn a certain amount of bitshares per day per committee member?

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Since method has said he has no interest, and I believe toast is a poor choice.I would suggest kencode and Ander as committee members.

Kencode because he is building a business around bts and has great business acumen. Also his business needs bts to succeed

Ander because he is a long time dedicated forum member, looks for opportunities to support bts with outside ventures (qora), and has trading knowledge to apply to the exchange interface

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Method- got elected as a delegate, quit, still got paid, never delivered anything while blaming the market cap and being too busy with more important things.

False. I NEVER got paid anything! Everything I did for this project was done for free.

I don't have anything against you method... Just reporting what I saw over the last year. You were elected, said you were going to bring Stacie on to help, never saw her after the wine drinking video, you barely came around the whole first half of 2015, and your delegate was receiving funds the whole time.  I'm not sure if you were giving them to someone else, but their was a lack of transparency that I believe committee members need to have.

Riverhead made a public post stating he was using the funds to provide liquidity for metaexchange. I also had about 250k BTS in reserves when I decided to leave and gave them all to Cass. Both can confirm. I have no interest in being involved with any political position in this community. BTS1 was unmarketable as a product. Nothing I could do about that; defer blame elsewhere.

EDIT:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15131.0.html
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18168.msg232236.html#msg232236
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15131.msg195459.html#msg195459

Despite certain other people around here who try to take credit, I came up with the idea to put a referral program on a blockchain by using a DACs fees. That system wasn't available in BTS1 so I had to make due with a paid delegate. When I left, I was told to keep quiet about leaving because it would impact market cap, so I did.

How long would you work for free lil_jay890?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:20:08 pm by Method-X »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I think monsterer would be good.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

False! I NEVER got paid anything. Everything I did for this project was done for free. In fact, I invested my own money and incurred massive losses. If the "perception" is that I got elected and quit taking BTS for myself, that's just fucking disgusting. I left because I'm not working for free and have my own company to run. I also have zero interest in being a committee member.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:57:57 pm by Method-X »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Bm- wants to leave the project and/or start charging to fix problems cnx created and should not have been problems prior to 2.0 release.

Toast- quit the project, works for a competitors

Bm would be good to have for a while since he has a lot at stake. Method and toast I would vote against... Unless they can do something to alter their perception based on past events.  Remeber bm said committee members need to have a lot at stake in the bts ecosystem.  Either balances should be shown or business plans should be known for each member.