Author Topic: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process  (Read 85148 times)

Offline diaobanxian

• View Profile
Hi, I created my identity but forgot to check "register", and now in the contact my profile shows "unregistered" and highlighted as yellow.
any comment on how to solve it? is it a big problem?

The register checkbox is for IDs that you want to mine once we launch the blockchain.  If you saw your USD contribution in the Status then you are OK.

I also forget to check "register", and can't see my USB contribution in the Status. How can I fix it ?

Offline bytemaster

There is a bug I have discovered where sometimes you have to quit and restart to get mail.  I have already filed a ticket on the issue.  So if you are expecting messages that you haven't received then try restarting Keyhotee to pick them up.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I remember the profile thing except brain wallet key is optional. But The applications seems treating birthday and name as mandatory. If I specify something in name and birthday and later when I try to recover the master key, should all the information perfectly match to generate the same master key? I really don't want to remember too many things and the only thing I want to use is the brain wallet key. Is it possible?

Updated download link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!WUk0xTIC!dqw_z3VbIagYlDA9Izur9Gmb-oxO_IMfMkErGGRPeHQ

Whether you specified it or not you must remember as 'nothing' is still something. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline zhangweis

• View Profile
I remember the profile thing except brain wallet key is optional. But The applications seems treating birthday and name as mandatory. If I specify something in name and birthday and later when I try to recover the master key, should all the information perfectly match to generate the same master key? I really don't want to remember too many things and the only thing I want to use is the brain wallet key. Is it possible?

Updated download link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!WUk0xTIC!dqw_z3VbIagYlDA9Izur9Gmb-oxO_IMfMkErGGRPeHQ
Weibo:http://weibo.com/zhangweis

Offline bytemaster

Do you intend to make a standalone linux binary? I want to generate my key on my offline ubuntu box, don't want to have to download and compile stuff

We have a guy working on it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do you intend to make a standalone linux binary? I want to generate my key on my offline ubuntu box, don't want to have to download and compile stuff
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Riverhead

Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

No worry about this. The personal info. is just for strengthen your brain wallet security, will not be shared to anyone else, it's just in your wallet data. No one can see it and you could not show it to anyone, and even you could show it means nothing... In my mind, the Keyhotee ID is a new identity of everyone, no direct relationship to the real world identity and any other identities(e.g. ID on this forum) in the Keyhotee system itself.

But when Keyhotee officially launches you will be able to purchase things online from say Amazon with your Identity, and they see your name and address.

Amazon support is probably a ways out ;)   But you will have control over who sees what and when.

Yes but if I held anothers information and created an ID with it, and bought something using that identity showing their information, it would come up as that person buying that item correct? Sounds a little like identity theft.

That would be a self-signed ID which wouldn't be as authoritative as having a signing authority vouch for you.

Also assuming they took crypto you'd either need access to their private key to pay for it, steal their credit card info, or pay for it yourself.  So you may look like them but it'd be your cash unless you also stole their money.

Offline bytemaster

Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

No worry about this. The personal info. is just for strengthen your brain wallet security, will not be shared to anyone else, it's just in your wallet data. No one can see it and you could not show it to anyone, and even you could show it means nothing... In my mind, the Keyhotee ID is a new identity of everyone, no direct relationship to the real world identity and any other identities(e.g. ID on this forum) in the Keyhotee system itself.

But when Keyhotee officially launches you will be able to purchase things online from say Amazon with your Identity, and they see your name and address.

Amazon support is probably a ways out ;)   But you will have control over who sees what and when.

Yes but if I held anothers information and created an ID with it, and bought something using that identity showing their information, it would come up as that person buying that item correct? Sounds a little like identity theft.

That would be a self-signed ID which wouldn't be as authoritative as having a signing authority vouch for you.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline bytemaster

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
Public key : 65GYPhkcmJFy8fDJ3gpZWVeGbi1Afg6AxNo1H2Ho1qeo32c5FJ

So far the only bug I found was in the initial menu: the "Generate Random" button was always disabled.
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

The public key of my test ID is:

6wnrX9pWu8BojZoGNVD9TzH4DM9aiAPuUDk819gQ8CUbvW8HZk

when i try to create a new contact with your pubk i get error "Unable to find ID"

Put the key in the public key field not keyhotee Id field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutly right .. my mistake! thx
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:09:28 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

when i try to create a new contact with your pubk i get error "Unable to find ID"

Put the key in the public key field not keyhotee Id field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█