Author Topic: Would you Support "Worker" Proposals Paying to add Peercoin & Primecoin? (poll)  (Read 6053 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ive been a supporter of peercoin from the begining, proof of stake has made users so much money compared to the mining method,

the only issue is that it has also led to tons of scam coins, and scam users...

we should take care to ensure this type of behavior does not come to bitshares, peercoin may be a good option though.
1) We here use *DELEGATED* Proof o Stake
2) Scams have happend with POW first :)
3) I don't get why you related scams to a consensus technology at all. It makes no sense to me

Offline kuro112

Ive been a supporter of peercoin from the begining, proof of stake has made users so much money compared to the mining method,

the only issue is that it has also led to tons of scam coins, and scam users...

we should take care to ensure this type of behavior does not come to bitshares, peercoin may be a good option though.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline fuzzy

So would you be willing to vote for worker proposals to pay for bitasset versions of, say, the top 10 tokens on coinmarketcap?  It would, of course, depend on the interest of those communities...but I would gladly approach them and even hold a hangout for the "ground-breaking" ceremony. 

Why would those other communities ever want their coins to be inflated by a market pegged asset? BitAssets effectively increase the supply of something and dilutes demand for it like paper gold. Its great for BitShares but not great for those other coins.

Of couse IOUs that are backed by those coins are a different story. We should have all the top 10 coins trading on OpenLedger, and this can be used as a gateway drug for those communities to see the value of our exchange, and the value of BitAssets.

Seraphim is interested in building an exchange that would be owned by bts and would do precisely that!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I feel that we need a gateway like openledger to add the top 30 coins on coinmarket cap as user issued assets so that when people use bitshares it feels like any other exchange.  and these shoulld always trade as a pair with BITBTC and not BTS.

the only MPAs that need our attention and trading volume are USD and BTC.

And BitYuan!

But yes having all those altcoins trading against BitBTC would provide a very familiar experience.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I suggest opening threads like this on all the major altcoin forums, lite, ether, doge, dash, peer, to see how their community responds. It can be viewed as a partnership, a chance at publicity or as a hostile move depending on their respective attitudes. Of course you have to sell it the right way too. Let's go with the ones who most want this :)

Edit: If Sunny King thought this was a good idea I could be great publicity.. on the other hand, if we can't provide liquidity and the peg after all that debacle, this could be a huge failure short term and only add to the market confusion.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:58:07 am by CLains »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
So would you be willing to vote for worker proposals to pay for bitasset versions of, say, the top 10 tokens on coinmarketcap?  It would, of course, depend on the interest of those communities...but I would gladly approach them and even hold a hangout for the "ground-breaking" ceremony. 

Why would those other communities ever want their coins to be inflated by a market pegged asset? BitAssets effectively increase the supply of something and dilutes demand for it like paper gold. Its great for BitShares but not great for those other coins.

Of couse IOUs that are backed by those coins are a different story. We should have all the top 10 coins trading on OpenLedger, and this can be used as a gateway drug for those communities to see the value of our exchange, and the value of BitAssets.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:14:23 pm by speedy »

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I feel that we need a gateway like openledger to add the top 30 coins on coinmarket cap as user issued assets so that when people use bitshares it feels like any other exchange.  and these shoulld always trade as a pair with BITBTC and not BTS.

the only MPAs that need our attention and trading volume are USD and BTC.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
This seems like a good idea but.. Would they really use BitShares? I think that before we try to know people's opinions here, we should know the opinion of Peercoin community. Are they willing to trade here? Are they willing to pay the current fees?

I like it but this is something we must be sure of, first. Not to mention I can't stop thinking those 10btc could be used to help develop a Bond Market or other stuff first. Then it would make sense to bring other coins in.

Btw, would it just be a MPA? What if they migrated here? Meaning, do a sharedrop 1:1, one PeerCoin MPA per Peercoin on their chain, then they would migrate here?

I only like the idea because we could possibly have more people developing in BitShares and even have Nubits and BitUSD competing in the same chain in the future since Peercoin seems related to Peershares and Nushares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I voted "no". Not because I don't like peercoins .. but because it makes no sense to have them added if they don't want to trade here.
I'd rather go a different approach and have them used OPEN.PPC. Once there is some volume there and we see committment by the corresponding community, I see nothing standing in its way.

Offline fuzzy

I think the first step should be a UIA from a gateway/exchange. If we have that and it is used with high volume, we can start to consider creating the MPA.

MPA itself might be too big step to take first. We have to know if the users of that currency are interested in having it in the Bitshares or not.

+5% I like this idea. UIA and a marketmaker would be much better start

Yes.  Maybe a competition among coins...the one that brings the most volume gets an MPA free?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I think the first step should be a UIA from a gateway/exchange. If we have that and it is used with high volume, we can start to consider creating the MPA.

MPA itself might be too big step to take first. We have to know if the users of that currency are interested in having it in the Bitshares or not.

+5% I like this idea. UIA and a marketmaker would be much better start

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Offline fuzzy

I like the idea of promoting Market Pegged Assets (MPA) to the altcoin communities as an another revenue path for Bitshares.  MPA is considered a 'new product' in the industry.  We can and should have a big promotional campaigne for it.  A 50% 'open-shop' promotional discount can pull in the first few altcoin buyers and create a good buzz to other active communities.  The discount becomes a form of indirect advertisement cost which is necessary to bootstrap a new business.   I am, however, not sure about sponsoring this discount via a worker/dilution method which has a negative side-effect.

First off i have to say i truly love you guys for your constructive feedback. 

But now to the point: Do you have any ideas of a better way to do it?
Im all ears.  Lets defeat this dragon and haul home a horde of treasure!

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I like the idea of promoting Market Pegged Assets (MPA) to the altcoin communities as another revenue path for Bitshares.  MPA is considered a 'new product' in the industry.  We can and should have a big promotional campaign for it.  A 50% 'open-shop' promotional discount can pull in the first few altcoin buyers and create a good buzz to other active communities.  The discount becomes a form of indirect advertisement cost which is necessary to bootstrap a new business.   I am, however, not sure about sponsoring this discount via a worker/dilution method which has a negative side-effect.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fuzzy

My thinking is that we have a really good chance to bring them onboard and sunny is the satoshi of pos. 
We are also in a place where many of the other coins' communities (because we are not pow) will try to reject us and go toward a competitor on a chain that IS mined...

However, if we went with peercoin and got it onboard quickly, we would put those pow coins in a position where they would likely not want to be left behind and wpuld follow suit (potentially paying for the opportunity if they are "late" to the game.  Peercoin has a history with bitshares and our communities are definitely aligned in many ways. Heck beyondbitcoin even had one of its first hangouts between sunny and bm...and both communities loved it. :)

Not to mention it is a way of saying "thank you" to the creator of POS.  I mean...if there would be a history book 10 years from now talking about pow, pos, dpos...etc...i can definitely see it covering sunny and bm...and also talking about the historical moment when PPC became traded on a non pow decentralized exchange that started in part because of sunnys contributions...and bms innovations.