Author Topic: Would you Support "Worker" Proposals Paying to add Peercoin & Primecoin? (poll)  (Read 6052 times)

Tuck Fheman

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:37:42 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Would Qora make sense?
Qora always makes sense. ;)
I heard through the grapevine that they're getting some deal together with a "major crypto media company" that wants a "decentralized crypto news and streaming video site".
The grapevines ... Dang, you are so mysterious, it's killing me !
Can you say more about it ?
Hey person who knows more about it, you know who you are, can you elaborate yet?

We're finishing some things up, but before xmas you guys will get the formal announcement.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

Would Qora make sense?

I heard through the grapevine that they're getting some deal together with a "major crypto media company" that wants a "decentralized crypto news and streaming video site".

Hey person who knows more about it, you know who you are, can you elaborate yet?

Offline EstefanTT

Would Qora make sense?

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Tuck Fheman

Would Qora make sense?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Tony I have a feeling that one day there will be a vote and 6,999,999,998 people will vote one way and you and I will be standing there looking at each other with a "dafuq" look on our faces.  :P

Aren't we already?  :)

And while on the topic of brownie.pts... GreenPoints are now available for sell for brownies...price is at a discount, the same way it is at a discount for BTS.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman

And seeing poll results before casting the vote can obviously influence people, causing an echo-chamber effect where the most active members (those that answer the quickest) will have a disproportional influence on the results.

It's called the "Bandwagon effect" I believe.

However I'm pretty sure logic would come into play at some point for most, especially if the poll was "Death or Cake" and the first 20 people chose "Death". ;)

I can only imagine the Bandwagon effect having any influence if the voters simply didn't give a rats ass about the outcome, did no research of their own and were given choices that weren't all that different ... like government elections. ;)

OK then...voted...just to see the results...the opposite of my real opinion btw.

Tony I have a feeling that one day there will be a vote and 6,999,999,998 people will vote one way and you and I will be standing there looking at each other with a "dafuq" look on our faces.  :P

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:06:12 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
fuzzy, can you please stop posting polls for your own research purposes only. I mean polls that you have to vote in order to see the results. The next one that I see made like that, I promise I will vote exactly the opposite of what I think.

I think this is a legitimate poll, not sure what you mean. And seeing poll results before casting the vote can obviously influence people, causing an echo-chamber effect where the most active members (those that answer the quickest) will have a disproportional influence on the results.

OK then...voted...just to see the results...the opposite of my real opinion btw.

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
fuzzy, can you please stop posting polls for your own research purposes only. I mean polls that you have to vote in order to see the results. The next one that I see made like that, I promise I will vote exactly the opposite of what I think.

I think this is a legitimate poll, not sure what you mean. And seeing poll results before casting the vote can obviously influence people, causing an echo-chamber effect where the most active members (those that answer the quickest) will have a disproportional influence on the results.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
So would you be willing to vote for worker proposals to pay for bitasset versions of, say, the top 10 tokens on coinmarketcap?  It would, of course, depend on the interest of those communities...but I would gladly approach them and even hold a hangout for the "ground-breaking" ceremony. 

Why would those other communities ever want their coins to be inflated by a market pegged asset? BitAssets effectively increase the supply of something and dilutes demand for it like paper gold. Its great for BitShares but not great for those other coins.

Of couse IOUs that are backed by those coins are a different story. We should have all the top 10 coins trading on OpenLedger, and this can be used as a gateway drug for those communities to see the value of our exchange, and the value of BitAssets.

Seraphim is interested in building an exchange that would be owned by bts and would do precisely that!

Offline phillyguy

I also agree the UIA route first makes more sense. Also - I think it would make sense to target an altcoin that 1.) has a community we can talk to and 2.) has members who have been burnt by a centralized exchange.

Would Qora make sense?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I guess a migration with a 1:1 sharedrop is out of question...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
We have to remember that if a cryptocurrency has a small market cap, an MPA might "steal" a lot of its volume and make the market cap even smaller. MPA is not the real thing so in a way it is like a competitor. If a big whale decides to change his cryptocoins to MPA-coins, he has to sell the real coins on the market, which will cause price to decline. If everybody does this, the underlying currency will become worthless, and so becomes the MPA too, because it tracks the value of original asset.

On the other hand, UIA does not cause prices to collapse. If you have UIA-coin on the Bitshares blockchain, you have also equal amount of the original currency in the gateway's wallet.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
in this case, im referring more toward the userbase who may come over, most generic btc clones have a shady crowd who run with them,
im not sure about the benefits of DPOS vs POS but i can say that the people involved with POS coins tend to be a lot more shady.
I disagree but am not going to continue de-railing the thread

Offline kuro112

Ive been a supporter of peercoin from the begining, proof of stake has made users so much money compared to the mining method,

the only issue is that it has also led to tons of scam coins, and scam users...

we should take care to ensure this type of behavior does not come to bitshares, peercoin may be a good option though.
1) We here use *DELEGATED* Proof o Stake
2) Scams have happend with POW first :)
3) I don't get why you related scams to a consensus technology at all. It makes no sense to me

in this case, im referring more toward the userbase who may come over, most generic btc clones have a shady crowd who run with them,
im not sure about the benefits of DPOS vs POS but i can say that the people involved with POS coins tend to be a lot more shady.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC