Author Topic: (Transfer) Fee complainers. Stop crying already.  (Read 5389 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
"I've been given free money but not enough to cover their transfer fee! #ImaWhiner #NoMoTip4U! #DontKnowHow2HODL"

:) 

I recall not too long ago, many were in favour of using dilution to replicate the PayPal marketing strategy of giving new users circa $10. (Which was a terrible idea imo.) https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,9603.0.html

However now via the tipping bot & a low transfer fee, you can give enough BTS/SmartCoins to potential customers to make them try out BTS for very, very little. Paid for by referrers &/or people giving genuine tips/donations/gifts.

Despite it's many innovations BTS is hardly on the radar or in the crypto-conversation. This latest indepth 110 page report seems to cover everything except BTS http://fintechnews.ch/1763/blockchain_bitcoin/ecurex-releases-110-page-digital-currency-report/

If we could replicate Dogecoins numbers and have tens of thousands tipping BTS Gold, Silver and Smartcoins across social media, things could change very quickly. It would be a lot of free publicity and advertising, in addition to a direct user acquisition tool.  BTS would be hard to ignore and it would start getting some of the recognition it deserves.

I think that if, for example, to have the option to trade UIAs token of ShareBits instantly to BitUSD (FISTBUMP>BTS>USD) it could be a great "gateway drug" to the BitShares ecosystem.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
How do you feel about the bug that caused our "marketing blitzers" to lose almost all of their referral fees??  Maybe they would unleash a blitz and let the "wizards" code if they actually had a functioning referral system from said "wizards".

You can't keep finishing things 80% of the way.  This pie in the sky stuff needs to be put on hold until the exchange and referral system works.  It needs to be put on hold until an actual usable platform is available.  You could have all the bells and whistles in the world, but it wouldn't mean a thing if the underlying exchange sucks.

What is 80% of cutting edge?  That's like the sharpness of a baseball bat...
I was not aware there was an issue with the referral system. Link?

The debate is that Western referrers are building business models around the new BTS transfer fee of circa $0.15 - $0.2. In their professional opinion it's unlikely the referral programme will be effective at a much lower amount.

However some (like myself) believe $0.2 is too high for a user to user transfer fee compared against crypto & centralized competitors.
It's particularly a problem in our largest market China,  also disrupts some existing business models that need a more competitive fee and new ones like the tipping bot.

I think this is the latest thread covering the subject. The committee put forward an attempted compromise but which wasn't much of an improvement for either side. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20073.0.html

I know why you are stubborn in your opinions. The same reason I am  :) ....way too often they are correct. But please make an effort and see that the tipbot does not need lower fees. The opposite - the somewhat high fees make him a major (only for now) player in the micro payments in the BTS ecosystem.

I agree that it makes him useful and fun within the existing BTS ecosystem but it's self evident that it is not useful for it's intended purpose of being an external social media tipping, gifting and donating tool as stated by one of it's own developers...

we are doing our best to work out a fee-mitigation method that works for everyone, but in the end it will probably come down to the BTS network fee its self needing to be changed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:41:57 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
"I've been given free money but not enough to cover their transfer fee! #ImaWhiner #NoMoTip4U! #DontKnowHow2HODL"

:) 

I recall not too long ago, many were in favour of using dilution to replicate the PayPal marketing strategy of giving new users circa $10. (Which was a terrible idea imo.) https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,9603.0.html

However now via the tipping bot & a low transfer fee, you can give enough BTS/SmartCoins to potential customers to make them try out BTS for very, very little. Paid for by referrers &/or people giving genuine tips/donations/gifts.

Despite it's many innovations BTS is hardly on the radar or in the crypto-conversation. This latest indepth 110 page report seems to cover everything except BTS http://fintechnews.ch/1763/blockchain_bitcoin/ecurex-releases-110-page-digital-currency-report/

If we could replicate Dogecoins numbers and have tens of thousands tipping BTS Gold, Silver and Smartcoins across social media, things could change very quickly. It would be a lot of free publicity and advertising, in addition to a direct user acquisition tool.  BTS would be hard to ignore and it would start getting some of the recognition it deserves.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:59:02 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Tuck Fheman

"I've been given 3 tips, totalling 35 BTS & it doesn't even cover their transfer fee! #BTS #Scam #Ripoff "

=b

Tuck Fheman

The tipbot seems like it will be great for MUSE

Low fees plus tip people your favorite artist uia to get them into the band...

I hope it's female friendly enough =) ...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/apple-boss-says-finding-music-online-is-too-difficult-for-women/

jaran

The tipbot seems like it will be great for MUSE

Low fees plus tip people your favorite artist uia to get them into the band...

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
We already have micro payment channel* with NO fees.

Yes it is centralized but how much you gonna store there... for your no fee transfers? if more than 30 CNY just pay the enormous fee of 40BTS.

*It is called the tipping bot

It's fun to tip forum members and existing users but a new user will need at least 40 BTS to claim their tips.

Given the average social tip is less than 100 BTS. The median as little as 10 BTS.  This makes tipping via BTS cost prohibitive & exposes how unsuitable BTS is for social tipping, gifting, donating and user to user transfers.

http://www.coindesk.com/social-tipping-tool-meme-dogecoin-445k/

Exactly...social tipping is a big pile of nothingness, huge in the eyes of a few. [you obviously amongst them]. That's why I am against lowering BTS transfer fees for the purpose of catching this "no real money producing" business.

It's a user producing business  :) Dogetipbot has 75000 users (Probably not all uniques) and Changetip is also pretty big.

Dogecoin really has nothing to sell. They're a straight bitcoin clone with less utility.  So it brings people in, but there's really little there for them that Bitcoin doesn't do better (except share memes). The fact that they're no.6 in crypto is impressive.

If BTS could get exposed to 75000 users, that would be huge for us.

We have a product that BTC doesn't have, Currency Stable Smartcoins. (Still need more liquidity) We just need to find a way to showcase them to the hundreds of thousands of people that could benefit them. Cue tipping and cue social media. The tip, with a very lower transfer fee will get them use BTS and check it out. We will make money from those that go on to use Smartcoins from trading fees and because Smartcoins use BTS as collateral.

Right now, I doubt we have even 20 people frequently tweeting about BTS. Imagine tens of thousands mentioning BTS and Smartcoins across social media.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:15:33 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Yes it is centralized but how much you gonna store there... for your no fee transfers? if more than 30 CNY just pay the enormous fee of 40BTS.

It's fun to tip forum members and existing users but a new user will need at least 40 BTS to claim their tips.

Given the average social tip is less than 100 BTS. The median as little as 10 BTS.  This makes tipping via BTS cost prohibitive & exposes how unsuitable BTS is for social tipping, gifting, donating and user to user transfers.

Exactly...social tipping is a big pile of nothingness, huge in the eyes of a few. [you obviously amongst them]. That's why I am against lowering BTS transfer fees for the purpose of catching this "no real money producing" business.

PS
and BTW the big point it cost you nothing if you use the tips received to tip only {and not send to your BTS account} that's the beauty of it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:01:15 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

“One of the things we’re really looking at is the user experience," Mohland said. "A lot of our traction initially was on Reddit, but we’re seeing a lot of demand on Twitter. So, what we’re working is our user experience, making it seamless.”

With a median tip of around 3 cents, dogetipbot is as much about the social experience of tipping as it is a rail for small payments.

It might be good to start tipping on Reddit & Twitter though, then we could have posts/tweets...

"I've been given 3 tips, totalling 35 BTS & it doesn't even cover their transfer fee! #BTS #Scam #Ripoff "

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:53:01 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Will this remain free of BTS fees forever?

Because if everytime someone need to send a UIA they need to paid BTS...it could be a major hurdle for adoption.

here is my take [and I must stress I am not related in any way shape or form to this project , not even as donor; mostly because as much as you guys like it, up until now this is nothing more than a spamming bot in my view .]

On the topic at hand - It might not be free, they might charge their own small micro transaction fee. A real small one. And move the tokens only in their database and  so those tokens never touch the BTS blockchain.
If it was me I will STRONGLY consider this as my best market/income producing part other than the potential referrals.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Will this remain free of BTS fees forever?

Because if everytime someone need to send a UIA they need to paid BTS...it could be a major hurdle for adoption.

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey tonyk, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Tuck Fheman, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Tuck Fheman

Is there a code needed to redeem a tip? I see that on the Sharebits page. Where does one find this code?

I don't believe so with a forum tip. you will get a code to withdraw and I think if you use the "generate tip code" the person has to claim it but I'm not sure. I was going to try it out here (the tip link) but you can only generate a withdraw code every 24 hours and it's required to create the link. =/

#btstip "donkeypong" 1 FISTBUMP

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Is there a code needed to redeem a tip? I see that on the Sharebits page. Where does one find this code?

No you just start tipping with them...no redemption needed.

#btstip "donkeypong" 5 OPENSESAME