Author Topic: Sollywood TV : Sollars and $ense Pre-Campaign Update + Proposal  (Read 12163 times)

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

How about.. CHA₦GE you can believe in!!

Oh wait.. I think that one's been taken. Drat.

Haha! Good one  :P
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

How about.. CHA₦GE you can believe in!!

Oh wait.. I think that one's been taken. Drat.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline noisy

If you want to use brand "New Money", maybe you consider "₦ew Money"?
Then you could use "₦" symbol everywhere:

"₦othing will stop us!"
"CHA₦GE is coming!"

Actually in my opinion "CHA₦GE" would be great as a name for brand.

In the promotion video:

"What you can do with your CHA₦GE? You can put it into piggybank. You can throw it into the fountain and say a wish. Or you can actually buy a 2 hours long movie!"

"This is disruption. This is CHA₦GE."

This is simple, have currency connotation ( ₦ like $ or ฿), its one word instead of two, it is even more disruptive, emphasize the fact that you can use your pennies to get something.

Contrary to your point about Uber, Uber has many brands. Uber has one name and many brands ie UberEats, UberX, UberXL, UberSelect, UberBlack, UberPool, UberPop and not to talk of their upcoming driverless car service. So saying you are confused about multiple brands is like saying you are confused about Amazon having Amazon Fire, AWS, Amazon Payments, Washington Post, Prime etc or Facebook having Messenger, Paper, Facebook, Parcel, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus or Google having Android TV, Gmail, RSS, Google Maps, Google Play, and the million other brands they have.

At the beginning  company should have one brand. Actually brand should be the name of the company. Like "Uber", "Google" or "Facebook". Later when everyone already know this names, it is easier to create new brands based on main brand, like "Google Glass", "Google Play", "UberSelect",  "UberX".

It is much cheaper to promote one brand which at the same time is a company name. Please think about that :)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:54:27 pm by noisy »
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

@SolomonSollarsNSense

I thought PayPal was the New Money

Exactly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dF9t_xQGks

I also don't think, that "New Money" is good name. If you want to do something to your industry, then the name of the product should somehow be related with you industry. The exception is, when you want to create totally new brand, and you have a lot of funds, to create new brand and teach people what name of your brand actually mean.

----------------

And to be honest, I also didn't get it, why you need worker proposal. Bitshares is a tool created for entrepreneurs. Some of us believe that we should not pay anyone for using our product.

To create a successful worker proposal, you will have to convince us, that Bitshares network will benefit from this.

If your worker proposal be accepted, that will mean, that you will be employed by bitshares blockchain. So the question is, what you can do as bitshares emploee for bitshares?

How about something like NewFlix or New Stream.

Hey thanks for the suggestion! But we are going to go ahead and stick with New Money. As Steve Jobs would say "It just works"
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

I didn't write that down, so I will.

In general, I think that your project is amazing, especially after I saw how you presented it. Really dude, this is awesome.

Unfortunately I will not be able to lend any of my video talents to anything else but this New Money project.

And this is really, really sad :(

Makes$ense

I am not sure, why you want to create a brand "New Money"... and still you are using everywhere symbol of old money - $. This is not consistent.

What do you exactly mean by "New Money". Bitshares? (why rename it?). Did you mean by "New Money" BitAssets like bitUSD? Or new "User Issued Tocket" like "SOLC"?

To be honest I am confused by amount of new brands:

- Sollywood TV
- Sollars and $ense
- New Money

Uber has one name.

Hey noisy,

Thanks for your enthusiasm for this project! It is greatly appreciated! These questions are always great to help others understand what this project is about.

Sollars and Sense: Smart Money is dubbed as the smart version of what Americans have in their bank accounts. Therefore symbols used with a new twist are not contrary but actually beneficial for them. You underestimate the amount of laziness people have when trying to completely learn something new when they currently have something that works for them. This is especially true when it comes to banking. Banking and TVs are the hardest habits for people to change. The easier we can make that transition the better. Therefore the symbols and brands are perfect. Especially for mainstream consumers and Americans.

This is a project powered by Bitshares technology. Not a Bitshares project. Therefore Bitshares plays a backend role. Linux to Apple. What I mean by 'New Money' is Sollars and Sense: Smart Money (or New Money). As I said in my hang out Sollars and Sense is the key to showing everyday consumers how new money technologies can change their lives today (not tomorrow). So it is simultaneously Smart Money and New Money. And we start it in Hollywood.

How can pay pal be New Money? When it uses old Money? They are the ones not using the brand right. I am. A little competition never hurt anyone so we will see what consumers think about who is using the brand right and how it resonates with them. They are actually helping us out by getting mainstream consumers familiar with the phrase.

I dont think New Money is a good name I think it is a GREAT name.

PayPal is actually a validation of my New Money brand not a deterrent. I came up with the brand long before they were using it as evident by my posting since early last year about it. The fact that a company with a multi-billion dollar market cap and a professional marketing department are using the same brand I am shows little ol' me here with my unknown project actually knows what he is talking about. With that said the brand of New Money will not be changing. I know what I am doing.

Contrary to your point about Uber, Uber has many brands. Uber has one name and many brands ie UberEats, UberX, UberXL, UberSelect, UberBlack, UberPool, UberPop and not to talk of their upcoming driverless car service. So saying you are confused about multiple brands is like saying you are confused about Amazon having Amazon Fire, AWS, Amazon Payments, Washington Post, Prime etc or Facebook having Messenger, Paper, Facebook, Parcel, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus or Google having Android TV, Gmail, RSS, Google Maps, Google Play, and the million other brands they have.

We simply have different brands for different products. Modularity is hardly a precedent set by what we are doing here. Its actually beneficial in the long run. The overall brand is New Money which manifests itself in various ways as sollars and Sense will enter various industries. If you simply do not see the benefits of this project then you like everyone else will have the freedom to ignore it or not participate in what we are doing. Just remember we all ignored Ethereum and complained about all the things that were wrong with it and now look at where they are. Hope this helps.

Offline konelectric

@SolomonSollarsNSense

I also don't think, that "New Money" is good name. If you want to do something to your industry, then the name of the product should somehow be related with you industry. The exception is, when you want to create totally new brand, and you have a lot of funds, to create new brand and teach people what name of your brand actually mean.

----------------

And to be honest, I also didn't get it, why you need worker proposal. Bitshares is a tool created for entrepreneurs. Some of us believe that we should not pay anyone for using our product.

To create a successful worker proposal, you will have to convince us, that Bitshares network will benefit from this.

If your worker proposal be accepted, that will mean, that you will be employed by bitshares blockchain. So the question is, what you can do as bitshares emploee for bitshares?

How about something like NewFlix or New Stream.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline noisy

I didn't write that down, so I will.

In general, I think that your project is amazing, especially after I saw how you presented it. Really dude, this is awesome.

Unfortunately I will not be able to lend any of my video talents to anything else but this New Money project.

And this is really, really sad :(

Makes$ense

I am not sure, why you want to create a brand "New Money"... and still you are using everywhere symbol of old money - $. This is not consistent.

What do you exactly mean by "New Money". Bitshares? (why rename it?). Did you mean by "New Money" BitAssets like bitUSD? Or new "User Issued Tocket" like "SOLC"?

To be honest I am confused by amount of new brands:

- Sollywood TV
- Sollars and $ense
- New Money

Uber has one name.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline noisy

@SolomonSollarsNSense

----------------

Offline konelectric

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:41:29 pm by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Thank you all for the wonderful response! I really appreciate them all! I did not expect these many responses so I’ll try to cover the general points most individuals asked.

1. First and foremost thank you all who commented on the professionalism. It took me nearly half the year to put this together. I did it mostly by myself. The script, the visual story everything so it means a lot. I hope I have shown at the very least that I have rightfully earned my nickname Sollywood over my career as a storyteller  :)

2. Powered by Bitshares as a brand along with Bitshares (and now MUSE (and possibly ShareBits)) will be used in terms of its technology aspect. This is reserved for the KickStarter [the video and on the actual KickStarter page.] This means when Millennials, Press and anyone else comes to our project they will first and foremost know Bitshares technology is powering what we are actually doing. But it is the Back-End brand so to speak. Not the front end. The main brand as a larger meta project is New Money and as the particular product is Sollywood TV w/Sollars and $ense: Smart Money. (Smart Money also doubling as New Money as it is the aspect of the project that is allowing for Hollywood's disruption.)

Bitshares will also get write ups on the New Money blog which is almost ready to debut. And will also get brief mentions in our professional articles that are written to pump up the KickStarter. We will be looking to work with a professional KickStarter marketing company to make that happen. We are looking to use the one that has raised millions of dollars for multiple KickStarters. Including two companies I know based here in Chicago which launched on KickStarter.

But understand, in terms of marketing, Bitshares will strictly be about technology (the linux of finance). This is what I have been describing from the very beginning of last year when I came out the crypto-closet. Nothing has changed. Don’t worry too much about it. I’ve got it under control. Why New Money? Because it has been Millennially (I made up that word) tested and they love it.

3. In terms of sequel. The sequel will be the actual KickStarter video which will tackle the subject from a story plus product side (typical KickStarter video). Many well known Bitshares developers will be starring in it. Details coming soon  ;D

We may also make some visual videos to some of the episodes which can be viewed on the OP of this thread. But now they have become irrelevant to use as things have been picking up with this first video. People actually get the product.

4. Thank you PTSWarrior for noticing the numbers! That was actually one of the aspects that I thought would be hard to convey in terms of fitting the voice over. But the idea just came to me in a split second and I made it. Glad it worked because it actually illustrates why short filmmakers and other content creators who generally get ignored by the market can now actually make a ton of money when they are pricing with us. This is especially true if you are making 80-90% of every transaction for those views. Think about that.

5. You can rest assure Cob and I have been talking and will continue to work together where it makes $ense for the current state of our projects. Very nice guy and he absolutely gets it too. The Millennial market and the potential. It's kind of weird to tell you the truth. Formal announcements will come soon.

6. Xeroc you made an EXCELLENT point and I’m glad you noticed that. We are taking this project STRAIGHT to a mainstream audience. I was not kidding. This will  have nothing to do with Crypto and watch us take over Bitcoin. People will not believe their eyes when it happens. They just don't understand how investors and everyone else outside the crypto-bubble sees the Millennial market and the crazy amounts of money they are willing to put into companies or projects that have their eyeballs. Uber, Square, Venmo, SnapChat, WhatsApp ($19 BILLION), AirBnB. Check all these companys' pre-revenue valuations. I tried to explained this last year. No crypto project has the Millennial market or a product that can appeal to them today. Cob and I do. UNDERSTAND THAT GUYS. BITSHARES DOES! Bitshares has what no one else has. And I've also got the visual skills to speak to Millennials in their language. That's a cherry on top.

7. If you still haven’t gotten what the project is about no worries. Its not meant to be understood by everyone. No platform is and I have come to understand that. But I can assure you content creators and Millennials are jumping out of their minds at what we are about to do. Its really sobering...

Unfortunately I will not be able to lend any of my video talents to anything else but this New Money project. There is still much to be done and it has become serious as we are beginning to talk to Content Creators who are actually interested in using the product after the KickStarter. Resources and time are limited until this event and its subsequent crowdsale happen. But by then if we are successful I will be running a tech start up known as the killer app of digital currency here in Chicago. Which was my purpose for this all along.

Again that is why we are running the KickStarter in the first place. To raise the funds necessary to take this to the next level. We will be announcing shortly how individuals in the community can now get behind this project in a tangible way. This is strictly if you want to. There will be a token to provide the proper incentives. Details coming soon.

Finally I want to say one of my Film professors who I respect. A professor that hates everything everyone does actually praised the film. I was shocked. If you knew him you would be shocked. But he said its going to change everything. It was another moment and I am glad people are seeing it. It really makes me believe we have that one way ticket to the moon...  :D

#Makes$ense

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Your video-making capabilities and your voice are both awesome. In addition, you have a good sense of the larger picture involved in this project. But I had a hard time following the logic leap to the Hollywood money issue. I was looking forward to seeing how it fit in, and then when the video came around to that point, I found the connection to be tenuous and its coverage a little abrupt.

If I need a video or a voiceover, I'm hiring you!

Offline emailtooaj

Awesome job @solly !!!
Can't wait to see part 2
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. nice movie .. havent seen any hint about crypto currencies which is a good thing to get the naysayers to take a look at a second clip to solve the puzzle .. will there be one?

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero