Author Topic: Emergency Measure - Temporary Shutdown of MineBitShares  (Read 49801 times)

Offline oakmaster

password for the asset u want to mine if u just want bts we can use the simple x that will work
 edit didn't see it would be more of a problem to change the pass so there no other $ ! # / \ & * we can use I don't no what bts don't allow in their username or I'd throw one out there
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:55:06 am by oakmaster »

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d
got u so that's  for s configuration file for cgminer but not a bat file cause when I tried to set my miner in minera it said the pool was dead also multiminer and my other rigs where on miningrigrentals they told me the pool was dead as soon as I took those quotes out it was good now I also believe when I left those quotes out and put oakmaster USD my mining programs didn't recognize it I don't use conf. files with anyb of my miners and I don't think a lot of other ppl do so if it's the case it's going to cause ppl not to be able to mine a bit asset

If the space is causing that much of a problem, I propose we use a different character then since we are unable to use the password field for this. What other characters are not allowed in BTS 2.0 usernames? Is the pound symbol (#) allowed? If it is not, then we could do something like hybr1d#USD
Why not?
sgminer.exe -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://216.146.143.177:5559 -u proctologic -p USD -I d -g 1 -w 128

"name" : "Bitshares pool X11",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://216.146.143.177:5559",
      "user" : "proctologic",
      "pass" : "USD"

The issue is the modifications required to specify the asset as the password are far more complicated then passing it as part of the username by some delimiter character, I'm not saying this isn't possible just to do, just that it's (far) more of a hassle then passing it via the username.

I'm not sure I no most pool u put . in between to keep track of ur miners so I have oakmaster.worker1 and so on but I don't no if bitshares names have . I no I use - in a few but I do no the standard at most pool use the . so I no none of the mining software will give a problem

Unfortunately "." is a valid character in BTS 2.0 account names.

Edit:
I'll look into figuring out how to do the password change, but no guarantees on this one.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:54:19 am by hybridd »
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
got u so that's  for s configuration file for cgminer but not a bat file cause when I tried to set my miner in minera it said the pool was dead also multiminer and my other rigs where on miningrigrentals they told me the pool was dead as soon as I took those quotes out it was good now I also believe when I left those quotes out and put oakmaster USD my mining programs didn't recognize it I don't use conf. files with anyb of my miners and I don't think a lot of other ppl do so if it's the case it's going to cause ppl not to be able to mine a bit asset

If the space is causing that much of a problem, I propose we use a different character then since we are unable to use the password field for this. What other characters are not allowed in BTS 2.0 usernames? Is the pound symbol (#) allowed? If it is not, then we could do something like hybr1d#USD
Why not?
sgminer.exe -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://216.146.143.177:5559 -u proctologic -p USD -I d -g 1 -w 128

"name" : "Bitshares pool X11",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://216.146.143.177:5559",
      "user" : "proctologic",
      "pass" : "USD"

Offline oakmaster

I'm not sure I no most pool u put . in between to keep track of ur miners so I have oakmaster.worker1 and so on but I don't no if bitshares names have . I no I use - in a few but I do no the standard at most pool use the . so I no none of the mining software will give a problem

Offline hybridd

• View Profile

http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline oakmaster

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
I believe that's poorly worded, you don't need quotes in your username, but you do need quotes when specifying your username on the command line. Look at the pool, and look at Bunker's username with USD for an example. Say I was using sgminer and wanted to mine USD:

sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mining.bunkermining.com:4449 -u "hybr1d USD" -p ANYTHING_YOU_LIKE --no-submit-stale

Is what I would use. There's quotes around the username here because if there weren't the command line wouldn't realize that the space is part of the username. Likewise, with cgminer:

"pools" : [
{
            "name" : "hybrid",
            "url":"stratum+tcp://mining.bunkermining.com:4449",
            "user": "hybr1d USD",
            "pass": "x"
        }
],

--

I have one more question when I put quotes in the username my miner won't connect in the getting started on the pool it states specifically to put quotes is this right as as I take those quotes out the pool says alive with quotes the pool say dead thanks

That part seems not working for me as well. I rather see username.USD or password USD . Is it possible to fix devs?

username.USD is not possible since "." is allowed in bitshares 2.0 characters, but we can use another character instead of spaces (or I should say "as well as spaces"). What other characters aren't allowed in BTS 2.0 names?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:01:55 pm by hybridd »
Developer @ Freebie

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
I have one more question when I put quotes in the username my miner won't connect in the getting started on the pool it states specifically to put quotes is this right as as I take those quotes out the pool says alive with quotes the pool say dead thanks

That part seems not working for me as well. I rather see username.USD or password USD . Is it possible to fix devs?

Offline oakmaster

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
I am willing to test Script and SHA on the new pool.

How often are payouts and will BitShares users get paid using:

http://216.146.143.200/dashboard

It's best to infer this from looking payouts that've occured to bunker himself:
http://216.146.143.200/Dashboard/User?address=www.minebitshares-com

The pool payout roughly every 0.02 BTC. Looking at the data for his address, that's typically around every 20-24 hours given the (current) mining power invested in the pool (this will be adjusted in the future).

You're paid to whatever address you choose to mine with. If you would like to receive an asset instead of BTS instead of using your BTS account for your user name, put your BTS account with a space and then the asset, i.e. "hybr1d USD"

To qualify for being paid in the form of an asset you must have mined atleast 60 BTS worth in value (this is because ~15 BTS is eaten in buying the asset as a tx fee, and ~45 is eaten as a tx fee for sending). If say for example, you've only mined 59 BTS worth in value and asked to be paid in USD. You would not receive USD but instead receive (14) BTS (59-45=14).

A payout occured about 5 hours ago, and there's about 0.005 BTC on the pool right now, so if we assume perfect linear progression the next payout should theoretically occur around 9pm EST 12/2/2015 (m/d/y)

If anyone's familiar with mining pools and/or mines often, please PM me I have a few technical questions you may be able to assist me with.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:59:42 am by hybridd »
Developer @ Freebie

iHashFury

I am willing to test Script and SHA on the new pool.

How often are payouts and will BitShares users get paid using:

http://216.146.143.200/dashboard

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
The information regarding the DEVELOPMENT POOL was not authorized to be made public. (This is the only *real* violation of the NDA they are under that has been mentioned in this thread.)

Please, you practically staged a witch hunt wanting people to go back and refer to the non-sense killakem posted because he didn't even understand his product making it seem as if we did no work on your project or it was unfunctional. Views have drastically changed now that people see that there's a pool, you can mine it, it's compatible with BTS 2.0, and it's paying out.

I've addressed the security concerns you brought up, but in all actuality there wasn't one to begin with. In the very unlikely scenario of a breach, at most because of how often the Transfer module moves coins, you'd be looking at a maximum loss of like ~0.001 BTC (probably less). Tbh, when more people start mining the min-move should be upped for the transfer module to reduce loss to tx-fee, but the loss as it stands is minimal.

While these are only my own views (I don't speak for the "Freebie" group), I'm not only talking about this particular incident but my own personal experiences: I'm really tired of the witch hunting that happens in the crypto world and how nobody ever takes the times to investigate both sides. The crypto community's contractors quite literally just shits on developers and treat them very unfairly. You want to do things professionally? We should be developing work flow diagrams before even starting on the work, and in the real world these aren't free. But in the crypto world, who's going to pay for diagrams? People just want to pay for the work done, so you end up getting some half-wit developer who'll make you think it's working get paid and then when you try putting your product into production it breaks (a lot of the clients we've worked for had broken systems due to this, and we were the one's who came in and eventually fixed them and gave them a working solution) so it's no wonder there's a lack of professional developers and talent in the crypto world these days. If it wasn't for the fact my work was mediated through kuro, I'd probably have said fuck working on crypto projects half a year ago, it's cancer.

Just to clarify, when I say "you" above, I'm not talking to you Bunker, this is nothing personal, I just wrote this as a rant to all contractors in crypto. I hope this rant hits home with any other developers who may read it who've tried freelancing within crypto.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:25:30 am by hybridd »
Developer @ Freebie

Offline kuro112

Heres an actual quote of the scope of work:

Enable capability to mine multipools like NiceHash
Implement upstream pool proxy mining to smooth profitability for high-difficulty coins (litecoin, doge, dash, bitcoin) (https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy, https://github.com/dogestreet/proxypool)
Ready to implement stratum port DDoS protection - ie. Incapsula (https://www.incapsula.com/ddos/)
Have the website translated to other languages to attract miners from other countries (Manderin, Hindi, Spanish, Russian)
Nice Charts (highcharts) of Pool Hash Algo
Miner Payout Lookups
Miner Real Time Hash Rate stats along with estimated daily payouts
Establish a high and stable history of payouts on multipool.us and coinking.io
Enable BTS address mining using username or public_key
Automated Payouts - Payouts are done once a day now manually in bitUSD. All funds now are mined and automatically sent to exchanges where they are auto traded to BTC. From BTC we then go to metaexchange.info or blocktrades.us to get the price for BTC/bitUSD at current market price, and then send that amount out from our delegate balance.

all of the features requested are available and have been delivered for over a month, the delay has been that the client (bunker) is unwilling to learn and configure the system and expects us (the developers) to put this system online, pay all his users etc, hes still shifting the blame for everything to us saying this dev pool is not authorized...

[11/23/2015 11:01:57 AM]
 Kuro: hey reactivating this group as its realvent to all of us
[11/23/2015 11:01:59 AM] Kuro: anoncoin    cannabiscoin  digitalcoin  litecoin  myriadcoin  potcoin  saffroncoin  startcoin  uro      worldcoin
auroracoin  dash          fractalcoin  megacoin  novacoin    quatloo  smartcoin    syscoin    viacoin
[11/23/2015 11:02:06 AM] Kuro: please make sure you have wallets for each of these ready
[11/23/2015 11:02:14 AM] Kuro: and if you didnt before, give us the new wallet addy
[11/23/2015 11:02:19 AM] Kuro: (cryptsy)
[11/23/2015 11:02:41 AM] Kuro: from one glance i can tell you were for sure missing a few
[11/23/2015 11:03:56 AM] Kuro: once we have the payout system configured for the new coins ill swap unomp for the current install
[11/23/2015 11:04:10 AM] Kuro: then all thats left is to point your dns to the new front end
[11/23/2015 11:04:14 AM] Kuro: and run the payouts
[11/23/2015 11:06:10 AM] Kuro: let us know when you have the new wallets ready please and thanks
[11/23/2015 5:58:13 PM] Jonathan Bunker: I will have all the wallets verified tomorrow
[11/24/2015 9:14:53 PM] hybridd: Cryptsy is/has been being DDoSed for the last little while, so there might be some down time / delay on the payments occuring.
[11/25/2015 2:17:09 PM] Jonathan Bunker: ok
[11/25/2015 2:17:12 PM] Jonathan Bunker: so we are not going to move the wallets
[11/25/2015 2:17:15 PM] Jonathan Bunker: we are going to leave them where the yare
[11/25/2015 2:17:23 PM] Jonathan Bunker: all the wallets have been worked on
[11/25/2015 2:17:27 PM] Jonathan Bunker: and are working
[11/25/2015 2:17:56 PM] Jonathan Bunker: lets see if we can get this working tonight

this was on the 25th that he explained the pool wouldn't be changing, ever since we have been waiting for him to configure the software and put it online for his users.

its obvious this system is completely production ready and his attempts to divert attention away from the live stats showing him mining for a month are pretty stupid...

To make one thing clear regarding the 'security flaws' bunker found,

[12/1/2015 7:00:03 PM] Jonathan Bunker: Seriously great way for us to get hacked
[12/1/2015 7:00:05 PM] hybridd: all your rpcs are localhost bound they reject external connection
[12/1/2015 7:00:13 PM] hybridd: there's no way to get hacked lol
[12/1/2015 7:00:36 PM] hybridd: not to mention funds are constantly being moved off the RPCs to cryptsty, if there is a breach of security the loss is inisignificant
[12/1/2015 7:01:14 PM] hybridd: If you want added security, I can add basic http auth to that page so it requires a user/pw to see.
[12/1/2015 7:01:22 PM] hybridd: but it's not nessesary.
[12/1/2015 7:01:42 PM] Jonathan Bunker: What if wallets take a public address to be on remote systems
[12/1/2015 7:02:03 PM] hybridd: what do you mean?
[12/1/2015 7:02:12 PM] hybridd: do you want to jump on a call, I think it'd be easier to discuss verbably
[12/1/2015 7:02:41 PM] Jonathan Bunker: We want wallets to not be on the same physical machine as the mining pool
[12/1/2015 7:03:12 PM] hybridd: that's fine, the way Bunker.Transfer moves the funds is by SSHing to the machine that the wallets are on
[12/1/2015 7:03:28 PM] hybridd: So even if it's on a different machine, that's no problem and doesnt' change the way our system works
[12/1/2015 7:04:15 PM] Jonathan Bunker: Pass protect that page is necessary  at least to satisfy perceptions of security of the pool
[12/1/2015 7:04:27 PM] hybridd: Alright, no problem I will get that added tonight.
[12/1/2015 7:05:11 PM] hybridd: That page isn't mentioned anywhere publicly, so only with fusking would the url be found, so it is fine for now, but I will get a password added asap.

that being said, as of now that page is also password protected despite not needing to be.

for the record, week ago i offered to come on and post on his behalf explaining the delays... he decided to keep you in the dark:

[11/22/2015 9:26:38 PM] Kuro: i was thinking we could give an update on your behalf and take the blame, we have been doing family stuff over the weekend but intend to launch first thing in the morning, we just need to sit down with you tomorrow morning and handle the small details during the launch
[11/22/2015 9:26:55 PM] Kuro: what time is good for you
[11/22/2015 9:27:25 PM] Jonathan Bunker: ok.. I will be at the bunker 9:30am my time.. I have a LOT going on tomorrow though.. so I will only have some inbetween time
[11/22/2015 9:27:49 PM] Kuro: okay we will be on and launching around then
[11/22/2015 9:28:56 PM] Jonathan Bunker: ok.. see u then
[11/22/2015 9:29:23 PM] Kuro: do you want us to post the update?
[11/22/2015 9:31:22 PM] Jonathan Bunker: no.. at this point there is nothing else other than getting it done that is going to be satisfying... lets get the payouts out and get the mining pool updated and get going.. then see what needs to be said at that point.

he keeps saying 'get it done'

its obvious that he is unwilling to do so, as all the features in the scope are met and users here want there pool its now up to us to launch the product for him...
this is an unreasonable position as we are contractors and should not be providing this support nor be held responsible for these delays,

please look to bunker to get you guys set up... tell the guy to come on and spend 2-3 hours working with this community instead of making big posts about how things need to get done...

the only reason you didnt get paid and havent been mining for over 2~ months is bunker himself.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:08:11 am by kuro112 »
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Status Update

More of you have PMed me with your details and more payouts were processed today. 100% BTS and BitUSD!

We still have more remaining, so please PM me and we will get your payment out to you once your data is verified the same day.

Warning

The information regarding the DEVELOPMENT POOL was not authorized to be made public. (This is the only *real* violation of the NDA they are under that has been mentioned in this thread.)

What you have been getting are screen captures of the dev pool where multiple issues and features even today still have not been resolved or completed.

IT IS NOT PRODUCTION READY!

Today for the first time I got some documentation on where to access certain elements. More bug fixes were made, and security issues I discovered after getting the documentation are now also being addressed.

ANYBODY MINING THIS POOL IS DOING SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is a dev space. It is not secure. It is not production. You may continue to point your miners with the understanding that it is TESTING ONLY and we will not be accountable for the potential of funds going missing while it has not been properly secured.

Proxy Pool mining has not been installed or setup yet as per the contract. Many of you in the community were part of the initial plans we made to update the pool, so you might remember that configuration for proxy pooling (for places like Nicehash and Antpool) was part of the scope.

As of today, the only information I received regarding this was the following:

Code: [Select]
Proxy Pool:
https://github.com/dogestreet/proxypool

Install and configure the software provided and link it to the modified UNOMP via the provided instructions, and plug in the pools you want to switch to via their instructions.

For the last month, we have been waiting for them to find or build a solution for the multi pool mining, as per the scope of the contract. Rather than delivering on this, they returned the link we provided (as a suggestion for a possible solution) with a note attached telling us to install and configure it ourselves. They are claiming that this is done, by telling us to do it ourselves. We disagree.

Nevertheless, I am glad however to finally see some progress being made towards getting the pool to production standard so that it can eventually be launched. @hybridd has been proactive in communicating and fixing outstanding issues today. It was @kuro112 that sent the documentation at my request.

Looking forward to seeing more progress tomorrow!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kuro112

Forwarded your post to @kuro112 on Skype, it's possible he put the wrong details on the site I'm not sure of them myself, so will get back to you.

Edit: Talked to Bunker, and this is the stratum he's mining on:
stratum+tcp://mining.bunkermining.com:4449
k thanks I have one more question if I want to mine bts I put just my name if I want bitusd I put USD after my name
Sha256 stratum+tcp://mining.bunkermining.com:3339
Scrypt   stratum+tcp://mining.bunkermining.com:4449
X11        stratum+tcp://mining.bunkermining.com:5559
username oakmaster USD password x
Are there higher difficulty ports?

Will have to talk to kuro about this (seem's he's been off for the night) I'm sure he'll reply in the morning, cheers. @kuro112

yeah i was taking a nap sorry, right now theres only one port for var diff, as explained in in geting started page:

A second VarDiff stratum port (4445) suitable for large GPU rigs and scrypt ASICs allows a range of 4096 to 32768.

however, I will update the getting started page tonight with much more clear info, thanks for the feedback!

update: edited the getting started page to reflect the correct info, will probably add more info about how the pool works later, thanks for the feedback!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:56:22 am by kuro112 »
CTO @ Freebie, LLC