Author Topic: Emergency Measure - Temporary Shutdown of MineBitShares  (Read 49797 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Status Update

IMPORTANT UPDATE - If you are mining the test pool, access to the IP address will be disabled as of 12pm EST on Sunday December 20th 2015.

If your mining configuration is pointing to 216.146.143.177 please change it to mining.bunkermining.com.

We just added three new coins to the pool that will become active at the same time.

This will bring our total coin count for the pool up to 25 coins.

We are still working on merge mining payouts.

More of the cryptsy deposits have been making their way into our payouts which is good news.

We are getting much close to finally getting to production.

I anticipate we maybe ready for the beginning of 2016!

Keep on hashing and testing and giving us feedback!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline oakmaster

we need a little more hash on sha256 I don't think I'm doing anything by myself it sucks cause I sold my antminers s1's and my s2 cause the power to profit was worth it if I still had them they all would be at bunkermining

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
What's left on the to do list before launching officially?

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d
Fixed, sorry for the down time.. a payout should be occurring fairly soon with a hefty amount since some of the cryptsy btc that was held up has been flowing in.
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Status Update

Reply from Cryptsy regarding payouts:

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Most BTC LTC and BTCD withdrawals are currently extremely slow moving due to tech issues. This progressively got worse over the past week and were trying to find the reason they are not going out. Please understand that due to extremely high security this a very complex system and the problem is still being resolved.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Should you wish to cancel your pending withdraw, please let us know.

A few more of the withdraw requests have been processed, but the bulk are still outstanding. At this rate expect the rest of it to be withdrawn within about a week.

Few more minor updates are being waited on and we are continuing to test out the payout system. Please be sure to let us know if you find anything unusual.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d
just one more thing I noticed on the getting started page there's a typo under sha for normal diff there 8192 for the port it's 3339

where do you see that?
k either I'm going crazy or it's been changed the other day when I was looking at the getting started for the different ports the norm diff for sha256 said 8192 but anyway I think the pool running great I haven't had no issues connecting or with hashrate outside of the issue with cryptsy seems payments are running good you guys did a good job getting it up and running seems any little glitches that where found was fixed petty quick

You're not, I did indeed change it :P and thanks for the positive feed back! If only we had started open-testing sooner, I think we could've resolved a lot of the issues more early on, but regardless we're on the right track.
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline oakmaster

just one more thing I noticed on the getting started page there's a typo under sha for normal diff there 8192 for the port it's 3339

where do you see that?
k either I'm going crazy or it's been changed the other day when I was looking at the getting started for the different ports the norm diff for sha256 said 8192 but anyway I think the pool running great I haven't had no issues connecting or with hashrate outside of the issue with cryptsy seems payments are running good you guys did a good job getting it up and running seems any little glitches that where found was fixed petty quick

Offline proctologic

• View Profile

where do you see that?

Offline oakmaster

k so that's why I only received a small payout after mining for 5 days without one is because craptsy is holding up withdrawals it not your fault thanks for the updates it sucks cause it just seemed everything was going well that the exchange had to get us outside of that the ports I'm running on seem to be good

Yeah that's correct. We have really around 0.1 BTC to be distributed, but about 0.06-0.07 BTC of that is being held by Cryptsy. The distribution that happened today was only worth around 0.036 BTC.

It looks like the modified payment model is indeed working... it's just unfortunate that Cryptsy is in the position it's currently in. We've eliminated using them entirely from out system now.

Still need to update the "getting started" page with x11 and sha256 instructions.
Seems I overlooked this, I'll look into this in the morning, thx.
that's what I thought it sucks that this is happening with cryptsy they support a large amount of alts and have been around for awhile makes you wonder what's going to happen with all the coins that rely on them for being their only exchange if cryptsy goes under

Many of those alts are very low volume, which is why they only have Cyrptsy left.
that's a good point I guess this is a way to clean up a little there's no reason why there's 200 to 300 different alts when most of them are copy and paste code with nothing different to offer

k so that's why I only received a small payout after mining for 5 days without one is because craptsy is holding up withdrawals it not your fault thanks for the updates it sucks cause it just seemed everything was going well that the exchange had to get us outside of that the ports I'm running on seem to be good

Yeah that's correct. We have really around 0.1 BTC to be distributed, but about 0.06-0.07 BTC of that is being held by Cryptsy. The distribution that happened today was only worth around 0.036 BTC.

It looks like the modified payment model is indeed working... it's just unfortunate that Cryptsy is in the position it's currently in. We've eliminated using them entirely from out system now.

Still need to update the "getting started" page with x11 and sha256 instructions.
that's what I thought it sucks that this is happening with cryptsy they support a large amount of alts and have been around for awhile makes you wonder what's going to happen with all the coins that rely on them for being their only exchange if cryptsy goes under

Many of those alts are very low volume, which is why they only have Cyrptsy left.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline JWF

• Bought BTS seeds cheap, now I'm watching them grow
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • BitShares: jwf
Seems if Cryptsy does go under,  @ccedk would do well to try and absorb as many as possible and add them into the exchange. Short notice and all, but no time like the present to try and up the ante with volume on the exchange.

Offline oakmaster

Offline oakmaster

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Status Update

Those of you mining may have noticed that payouts have gone past the threshold that we set for the pool. This is due to cryptsy delaying the transfer of BTC out of their exchange. There have been a whirlwind of other accusations related to cryptsy payouts including class actions.

Some of our more profitable coins were only on cryptsy, but there isn't more profit when you simply are not getting paid out.

I decided that we would cut our losses, and use what coins we can, and a few new ones that we can exchange at Poloniex, and Bittrex.

Between these two exchanges, we currently have about 17 coins between all three algos that the pool currently supports. In addition to this, we also have enabled merge mining with DOGE. We are working out a way to make this part of the bonus payout.

The migration has not been completed yet. As you can see, after we had updated all the wallets and the config for the pool it appears all our charts suddenly stopped working. This has been reported to @Freebieservers along with the updated deposit addresses to start being directed at the other exchanges. If you ignore the charts you can see from the workers below on the Dashboard the current coins that are being mined.

Hopefully we will see the payout make its way out of crytpsy, but we aren't holding out a lot of hope given all the accusations and the shrinking volume happening there.

Please continue to test the pool and report any other issues you are finding, or things missing that you think should be there in regards to features and/or reporting. If you have been mining elsewhere while we are still in development and have seen some good success with other coins, also feel free to share and we can consider adding those to the pool if they are available for exchange on Polo/Bittrex.

Isn't this on opportunity, if several of the most profitable (demanded) coins now have no exchange?  Why not hang on to them and issue corresponding UIAs to set up a gateway?  You could reach out to their communities and let them know, since I'm sure they're looking for a new exchange.

EDIT: Perhaps @monsterer, @dannotestein, or @ccedk could help out with that...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:09:50 am by Troglodactyl »

Status Update

Cryptsy withdraws are still pending. I have submitted a ticket in an attempt to get them confirmed. There are a total of 16 withdraws that never made it out of there.

We got new coins setup with Polo/Bittrex now and just waiting on the first payouts again.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+