Author Topic: [ANN] Bitshares E-sports Tournament [ANN]  (Read 16514 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Had a very warm welcome both within bitcointalk (unusual?) and gaming communities.
I'll put up the social media pages for the project today - and have an article up on medium.
Sincere gratititude to everyone that's come out and spoke for us at BTC Talk - you guys are the best :)

Just some stats
We had 500 bets worth close to (on-site token) 6600 USD placed and the house winning has been highly profitable so far.
I am in talks with a number of marketing avenues and will soon be working with them to get the hype up over the weekend.

Regards

Edit : very tempted to jump right into the fee discussion, but I owe it to the company, team and the investors to work on promotions so bam.. following it closely none the less!

good job

Offline Riverhead

147k people watching LoL ROC vs H2K. Yeesh.

Offline Riverhead

Have an open DOTA2 match that I'm watching on TV. Good fun ☺

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
https://twitter.com/GamebetGg
https://www.instagram.com/gamebet.gg/

We just went live on Twitter and Instagram. Please follow and share :)
I'll work on creating a following over the weekend.

TravelsAsia

I hear there might still be a little room for public investing?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:56:06 am by TravelsAsia »

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Had a very warm welcome both within bitcointalk (unusual?) and gaming communities.
I'll put up the social media pages for the project today - and have an article up on medium.
Sincere gratititude to everyone that's come out and spoke for us at BTC Talk - you guys are the best :)

Just some stats
We had 500 bets worth close to (on-site token) 6600 USD placed and the house winning has been highly profitable so far.
I am in talks with a number of marketing avenues and will soon be working with them to get the hype up over the weekend.

Regards

Edit : very tempted to jump right into the fee discussion, but I owe it to the company, team and the investors to work on promotions so bam.. following it closely none the less!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:10:09 pm by Xypher »

TravelsAsia

One worry would be teams would possibly fix matches because betting is involved. Any longer term plans for some type of simple reputation system or report abuse?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
I just saw this great project today, @Xypher awesome
do you have the plan for the prediction market's backend?
I have thought something like this before, here is my way:
1. issue 16 smart assets: BET1, BET2, .... BET16, reserved by USD.(or CNY/TCNY, because lack of USD now)
2. the initial price is both 16CNY/BETX
3. after 1st round, there are 8 winers and 8 losers, change loser's price to 8CNY/BTS.
4. enable force settle.
5. after the period of force settle, start a new round, disable force settle, change all 16 asset's price to 8CNY/BETX

as a player, for example I bet BET1 win BET2, I should borrow BET2, and sell BET2 for BET1 at a price from 0.5~2.

the benifit for this is you can reuse these assets, everyone should ask for settle, because the price allways /2

I have test the whole steps in test chain, it's run perfectly.

+5% +5% +5% cool  make the GUI easy   
let users simple click to finish bet

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Quote from: alt link=topic=20722.msg274 :-X[shadow=red,left
[/shadow]426#msg274426 date=1453793460]
sorry,it's my misunderstanding,
I thought you are developing a prediction market.

As of now, its an e-sports betting system (at gamebet.gg) - but given the fact that PM's work on binary outcomes(from what I read) and there can only be a WIN or LOSS on bets placed, it is highly possible to integrate the two. That said, depending on the stability, incentives and complexity of the PM here, we may or may not integrate it.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
sorry,it's my misunderstanding,
I thought you are developing a prediction market.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
I just saw this great project today, @Xypher awesome
do you have the plan for the prediction market's backend?
I have thought something like this before, here is my way:
1. issue 16 smart assets: BET1, BET2, .... BET16, reserved by USD.(or CNY/TCNY, because lack of USD now)
2. the initial price is both 16CNY/BETX
3. after 1st round, there are 8 winers and 8 losers, change loser's price to 8CNY/BTS.
4. enable force settle.
5. after the period of force settle, start a new round, disable force settle, change all 16 asset's price to 8CNY/BETX

as a player, for example I bet BET1 win BET2, I should borrow BET2, and sell BET2 for BET1 at a price from 0.5~2.

the benifit for this is you can reuse these assets, everyone should ask for settle, because the price allways /2

I have test the whole steps in test chain, it's run perfectly.

I am heavily loaded with the marketing front for the next few weeks, but if you'd be open to sitting down with me for an hour and break this down, I'd be glad to see how it can be integrated into what's being built. As of now gamebet.gg is purely focused on gamers, but the way I see it, PM integration will give individuals even from the financial markets to see what's in it for them. I've been hunting documentation for a while. If there's any reading I coud do in regards to this, please do link me.
As of now - the PM market is not integrated, but it is surely a possibility. I'll take the matter up with kuro and hybridd too.