Author Topic: Proxy: xeroc  (Read 77876 times)

Offline peccavi1

Hey xeroc
have just given you proxy voting on my account
think you have the right approach though this is a lot of swahili to me
Trusting in your integrity!
Wishing you a fair wind!
peccavi1

Hey friends and shareholders,

since it happened to me to be a proxy, I would like to keep you informed about proxy decisions in this thread.

For those that have net set me as their proxy and are wondering why I vote for my own worker proposal:
7 Days ago I have contacted all shareholders that have me set as their proxy and sent them the following
message (hosted at github.com/xeroc/worker-proposal):

Dear Shareholder,

you receive this message because you have set the account "xeroc" as your voting
proxy in BitShares.

First, of all, I would like to thank you for the confidence and trust you have
in me.

However, I see the need to inform you about the decision I made to vote for my
own worker proposal going forward. You can find the details of it in
[github](https://github.com/xeroc/worker-proposals). In summary, the current
proposal would pay me roughly 3000€ for 20h/week of work during January and
February. After that time, a new proposal will be made with similar pay (Euro
denominated) to keep my BitShares related work funded. It is of great importance
to me to let you know about this conflicting interests!

To give you enough time to reconsider and change your voting proxy, I will *not*
vote for my proposal until Monday next week (28th of December).

Sincerely Yours
 -- Fabian Schuh a.k.a. xeroc

---
This message has been signed with PGP. The cryptographic signature can be found
in this git repository and you can verify it with `gpg --verify followers.md.sig`.

Today is 28th of December and as such, I will set my vote accordingly.
If you have me set as your proxy and do NOT agree with this you can still remove me as your proxy because my
vote will only be counted by the end of the day (maintenance interval).

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
Is there any chance our witness "witness.still“ can get your support?

Our proposal is here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23336.0.html
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline Riverhead

- added nexus-dev witness
   Trusted Ethereum company with many tech enthusiasts from the BitShares space working with them. I believe @Riverhead runs this witness for them.

IMO in the interest of decentralization you shouldn't be voting for both riverhead and nexus-dev, if both are run by the same person.

A valid point for consideration to anyone that sets Xeroc as their proxy. They have leveraged my experience running a Steem witness to bootstrap their witness candidate. They are in the process of procuring hardware and I'll be handing it off at that point. I'll update this thread when that happens.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Trusted Ethereum company with many tech enthusiasts from the BitShares space working with them. I believe @Riverhead runs this witness for them.

IMO in the interest of decentralization you shouldn't be voting for both riverhead and nexus-dev, if both are run by the same person.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
update

- I have approved the bts-munich web-reward worker (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22828.0/all.html)
   They deserve some initial funding to continue their efforts. There has already been done some work towards a refreshed webpage.

- readded bitcrab to the committee
   .. since he appears to be more active in the community again.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If you can't resolve that conflict of interest, stop being a proxy. :-)
In fact I never asked to be a proxy .. I merely opened up this thread because people set me as their proxy and I though I should at least properly document my decisions.

Anyhow, if the voting power of my proxy continues to rise I will sooner or later need to ask people to not use me as proxy any longer. My soft limit would be when I can replace the last 3 witnesses. The hard limit would be 30% of the witnesses .. let's hope we don't get there, but if we do, there are other means to prevent centralization ..

Offline pc

• View Profile
There are a few reasons to not un-approve those committee members that support bitcrab's proposal:

* Dictatorship: With the 150M voting power my proxy currently has, I need to be more careful about what I do. This is still a decentralized decision finding process and I have cast my voted already to not support the proposal. That does not imply that I do not support the committee members.

I understand your dilemma, although I disagree on your conclusion. But it's your decision, of course.

Your post makes me think about whether it makes sense to step down as a committee member as it leaves me at a conflict of interest (as you can see)

Please don't. You're probably *the* most important community member right now. We need you in the committee.
If you can't resolve that conflict of interest, stop being a proxy. :-)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
There are a few reasons to not un-approve those committee members that support bitcrab's proposal:

* Lack of alternatives: There simply are not many people around that want to be a committee member just now and I don't want to have people in the committee that don't even participate in the forums or slack
* Dictatorship: With the 150M voting power my proxy currently has, I need to be more careful about what I do. This is still a decentralized decision finding process and I have cast my voted already to not support the proposal. That does not imply that I do not support the committee members.

Your post makes me think about whether it makes sense to step down as a committee member as it leaves me at a conflict of interest (as you can see)

Anyway, thanks for being so direct!

You are one of the most active committee members and have a deep passion to see bitshares succeed.  Please stay that way and not be distracted by the other thought.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
well done xeroc, n well balanced, thats why people support you....you are not my proxy but I feel confidence in your role. congratulations!
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline Chronos

The reason you have so much support @xeroc is because you're too honest! Your proxy power is awfully overwhelming, yet I don't fear for the network. Thanks for your hard work to support Bitshares.

By the way:
* Lack of alternatives: There simply are not many people around that want to be a committee member
I'm happy to act as committee member if everyone thinks that would be helpful. As you can see, I meet the first qualification: active on the forums. :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

* Lack of alternatives: There simply are not many people around that want to be a committee member just now and I don't want to have people in the committee that don't even participate in the forums or slack

Anyway, thanks for being so direct!

Offline pc

• View Profile
I have decided to NOT approve the bitCNY-settlement worker for these reasons:

Since this is your proxy thread not your committee thread - will you unvote those committee members currently voting for the proposal?

If I read the numbers correctly your indirect vote for the proposal as a proxy currently has much higher weight than your committee vote alone would have.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Update: I have added my support to @svk's new worker. He has done a tremendous work with the GUI already and I am looking forward to see many more great improvements!

Offline pc

• View Profile
+1

Glad to see that Integrity still has a meaning!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Since I currently can't find the required time to upgrade the docs and to also reduce the dilution slightly, I have decided to vote down my own "documentation/support" worker.