Author Topic: *CI/UI/UX Design / Web Development - cass  (Read 17199 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
i remember xeroc said once the worker voted in , even if you withdrew the votes , the workers will still be in ?

or was he talking about parameter change ?
Can't remember saying that and I don't think that is the case .. AFAIK workers get paid as long as the workers with more votes leave some funds in the round's pot ...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Cass is a long-time contributor & delivers great work that every BTS-related website reuses... you've got my support!

Voters who are skeptical should consider that they can still revoke their votes for the worker later.. but a decision to not vote is final.. so at least give him a few weeks to get to full speed and show what he can do! @jakub @bitcrab @fav

i remember xeroc said once the worker voted in , even if you withdrew the votes , the workers will still be in ?

or was he talking about parameter change ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline roadscape

Cass is a long-time contributor & delivers great work that every BTS-related website reuses... you've got my support!

Voters who are skeptical should consider that they can still revoke their votes for the worker later.. but a decision to not vote is final.. so at least give him a few weeks to get to full speed and show what he can do! @jakub @bitcrab @fav
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I i can understand that @abit is hesitating to vote for cass since most of cass's work is not easily linkable to him. However I can tell with certainty that cass is one of the most engaged (and most loyal) member of thos community. He is one of the few that saw people like toast and vikram came and go and is still considered a HUGE win for us.

Hoenstly, if we can pay those people, how could we EVER attract developers that work for us independent of CNX?

can ---- can't
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Voted.

I for one would like to see much more development on the bitshares.org website, which imo should really serve as a trustworthy hub of up to date information and resources on what's happening and what's possible across the entire bts ecosystem, as well as a portal for all related projects, and thoughtful social media integration.  Thoughts on development priorities @cass?

It's not hard to imagine that a startup of our nature could easily benefit from having multiple full time people working on the web dev and social media integration alone.  Given all the shifting sands we travel through, it would be immensely helpful for us to be presenting a consistent user experience from here on out.

Maybe someday in the not to distant future we will be able to use the committee and worker model to effortlessly delegate development to small teams of trusted and qualified workers.  The tools are being forged, as the terrain is being mapped.  Bit by bit.

For now, let's put cass in the Web Dev seat, and let him run point on this.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
How about cass's worker proposal, and why?

still thinking about this. my main concern is that we should concentrate on core functionality for now.

workers could hire cass on a "per job" basis and add x amount to their worker proposal to pay him

but then i will depend again on a middlemen .. and this is exactly, what i'm trying to avoid ...
(i'm thinking the look and feel is one of the core pillars of a successful product/brand .. without this .. u won't market any product)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@cass honestly I am very sad to hear that ( .. again, last time is when bm said no fund for developing features other than STEALTH). Both jakub and fav aren't voting. I'll ask them.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
From http://cryptofresh.com/workers I see:

Cass proposed worker has 97,314,982 votes

refund400k worker, the lowest green listing in Active Workers, has 156,865,408 votes

Does this mean that Cass need another 60M or so votes to be activated?
Yes it does.

Offline Chronos

From http://cryptofresh.com/workers I see:

Cass proposed worker has 97,314,982 votes

refund400k worker, the lowest green listing in Active Workers, has 156,865,408 votes

Does this mean that Cass need another 60M or so votes to be activated?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I i can understand that @abit is hesitating to vote for cass since most of cass's work is not easily linkable to him. However I can tell with certainty that cass is one of the most engaged (and most loyal) member of thos community. He is one of the few that saw people like toast and vikram came and go and is still considered a HUGE win for us.

Hoenstly, if we can't pay those people, how could we EVER attract developers that work for us independent of CNX?

//edit: fixed "can't" .. thanks btswildpig
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:26:56 am by xeroc »

Offline emailtooaj

@cass though most don't understand the scope of your contributions, please know you're a huge asset to Bitshares and I'll vote for your work without hesitation!
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline btswolf

I`ve just overcome my voter apathy for you.
Also unloaded my polo bts.
You got my tiny vote through xeroc`s proxy.
Stay strong!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What I see everywhere is Overwhelming Support for Cass!

It's like 10 or 20 to 1.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
nope it's ok for me .. thanks for your honest answer..

So you don't think BTS would be more independet if i would continue creating design graphics etc ?
For me it looks .. like .. till i have stopped contributing to site etc .. nothing more is in progress ..  as well in the graphic side..

(To the free contributing thing ... tbh .. i'm tired of this dicussion .. i've alsmost contributed free the first year .. just 1-2 bounties were paid)

This to say .. you think BTS would not directly benefit from my work?
I don't get this point. Anyway thanks for giving my your honest opinion about ..

I can't contribute for free .. as almost my stake was reduced by more then 80% on value, as i didn't get time to look in trading, due the fact ..
i was contributing my work .. for an ecosystem .. which seems to not see the true benefits of my contributed work ..

Anyway ... thanks for you answer .. i will consider to revoke my proposal ...

I'm frusted, but guess you notice it .. as i have the chance wether to work for equity or as voluntary .. both are no solutions to the current problems i face here!
I have to ask myself why i'm doing this …

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:09:51 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█