Author Topic: [Public Testnet] testnet.bitshares.eu  (Read 81550 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So 
I learned something in the progress of launching a graphene chain...

Namely to read the given documentation carefully. It turns out that I made a mistake when launching the chains such that I cannot provide you a genesis file that you can use to build your own witness node for that network ..
I fixed the documentation accordingly:  https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/docs.bitshares.eu/commit/830a3e0bbfd2a8a126220b0ed80f4c7adeae1260

Since I want others to join block production in the test network, I need to restart the network from scratch

Fortunatelly, it is not so old, not many accounts have been created and certainly no one managed to run a witness node against the test network. With test network 2, thing can only get better :)

I just figured this out, fixed the documentation and have the genesis.json added to the repo. Everyone compiling from
https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/graphene-testnet
should be able to connect to the seed node. I will add the default seed node stuff today

https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/graphene-testnet/commit/94f0a95be6f80cb5a7926ba6cc920dd795eb3a19
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:47:07 am by xeroc »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Ok .. I'll try to work this one out ..

//edit: fixed it .. if you refresh it should probably use another connection URL (ending with /ws) .. otherwise you can put this url into your connection manually:
http://testnet.bitshares.eu/ws
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:43:06 pm by xeroc »

Offline betax

• View Profile
OpenLedger works behind the corporate firewall, so that would be good :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Any chance of using another port for the web sockets? I requested and unblocked the testnet.bitshares.eu from a generic corporate proxy. But port 11011 is not use.
what port do you prefer?
Maybe I can even setup a proxy redirect similar to openledger and have it accessible via /ws

Offline betax

• View Profile
Any chance of using another port for the web sockets? I requested and unblocked the testnet.bitshares.eu from a generic corporate proxy. But port 11011 is not use.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
This note is unclear to me:
Unless no other witness produces blocks and witness participation is high enough, subsequent runs which connect to an existing witness node over the p2p network, or which get blockchain state from an existing data directory, need not have the --enable-stale-production flag.

Does it mean that if I have a private testnet on a single computer, I need to use this flag at all times when I run the witness node or just for the very first run of the witness node when the first block gets produced?

Yes .. this flag ensures that blocks are generated even if the
blockchain has been stuck due to a server crash or something similar

Also you effectively say that if the witness participation is
high enough I need this flag to be on - which makes little sense
to me. Shouldn't it be the other way round?
Woops .. double negation

jakub

This note is unclear to me:
Unless no other witness produces blocks and witness participation is high enough, subsequent runs which connect to an existing witness node over the p2p network, or which get blockchain state from an existing data directory, need not have the --enable-stale-production flag.

Does it mean that if I have a private testnet on a single computer, I need to use this flag at all times when I run the witness node or just for the very first run of the witness node when the first block gets produced?

Also you effectively say that if the witness participation is high enough I need this flag to be on - which makes little sense to me. Shouldn't it be the other way round?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:39:57 pm by jakub »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@xeroc
What is the meaning of the number 10 here?
Code: [Select]
--genesis-timestamp 10
Could it be a different number or does it have to be 10?
can be anything any positiv number .. it sets the timestamp of the genesisblock at now()+x

jakub

@xeroc
What is the meaning of the number 10 here?
--genesis-timestamp 10
Could it be a different number or does it have to be 10?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So 
I learned something in the progress of launching a graphene chain...

Namely to read the given documentation carefully. It turns out that I made a mistake when launching the chains such that I cannot provide you a genesis file that you can use to build your own witness node for that network ..
I fixed the documentation accordingly:  https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/docs.bitshares.eu/commit/830a3e0bbfd2a8a126220b0ed80f4c7adeae1260

Since I want others to join block production in the test network, I need to restart the network from scratch

Fortunatelly, it is not so old, not many accounts have been created and certainly no one managed to run a witness node against the test network. With test network 2, thing can only get better :)

jakub

However when I try to register a new account called zajac in the CLI:
register_account zajac TEST652Ynn6QAP518Po2GM7t8Ws5gJGTyFYBsfyvNr9KjzH2pgJZaT TEST652Ynn6QAP518Po2GM7t8Ws5gJGTyFYBsfyvNr9KjzH2pgJZaT neura-sx neura-sx 0 true
Looks like you need to import the active key of neura-sx.

//Update:
Yes I checked it's the reason. Although I don't know why the API still need active_key when you already have owner_key. Will check when have time.

Thanks @abit , you are right, I forgot about the active private key.
After importing it everything works fine.

I'll prepare another round of FAQs and publish them together with answers I got so far from xeroc, abit and others.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
register_account zajac TEST652Ynn6QAP518Po2GM7t8Ws5gJGTyFYBsfyvNr9KjzH2pgJZaT TEST652Ynn6QAP518Po2GM7t8Ws5gJGTyFYBsfyvNr9KjzH2pgJZaT neura-sx neura-sx 0 true
Looks like you need to import the active key of neura-sx.

//Update:
Yes I checked it's the reason. Although I don't know why the API still need active_key when you already have owner_key. Will check when have time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:11:23 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

jakub

After recompiling the CLI (with config.hpp appropriately modified) I've managed to import a private key (for my testnet account neura-sx) from the testnet GUI to the testnet CLI.
Prior to importing the key this account has been upgraded to LTM.

I get this error:
3030001 tx_missing_active_auth: missing required active authority
What might be the reason?

EDIT: I get the same error when I try to create an account using the brian key:
create_account_with_brain_key "CYANIDE PAROECY PUB ..." zajac neura-sx neura-sx true
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:35:13 pm by jakub »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline roadscape

Thank you for this effort!
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape