Author Topic: Let's try to get @bitshares on twitter  (Read 16696 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Max Keiser is now following @bitshares   on twitter

Would be great to see startcoin natively migrate to the bitshares blockchain.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 08:44:17 am by JonnyBitcoin »
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline svk

If the worker doesn't get voted in I'll keep it and monetise it myself but it's obvious to most it would be better controlled by the comittee or cryptonomex.

I don't think that committee members should be required to take any part in marketing. Their job is to set blockchain parameters and that's enough for a nonpaid work.

Also Cryptonomex seems to be uninterested in marketing so accounts might be left underused if they are given to them.

Right now the best option might be that you'll gather a group of people who are interested and can post relevant stuff every now and then. I use Facebook quite regularly so I can be admin there if needed.

Maybe you could first ask donations to cover you expenses before you make the worker proposal? All donations you collect makes the worker less expensive so it gets voted in more easily.

I agree xeroc or crytonomex wouldn't be good at or have the time for marketing.
I'm saying it should be owned by cryptonomex or the committee, but key people who are good at marketing can post from the account so the news is fresh and varied. Yet if one person gets too spam happy the committee will be able to stop it.

message me your facebook details and I'll add you so you can post. Also anyone else who would like to.

Hello @JonnyBitcoin . This seems like perfect timing. We would love the New Money project to have access to the Bitshares accounts. Our project right now is gaining a lot of traction and it would be stellar for those accounts to be promoting a powered by Bitshares project thats actually working currently as we speak. Let me know what we have to do to make that happen. Thanks.

For god sakes.... NO!
You are  really pushed me hard to post a (possibly last post of mine  on this forum)  in your thread.
Agreed, please don't give third parties access to that account.
That also includes ccedk and ol as well as cnx.
bts.org aswell as the twitter handle cant take a position on partners!!
Why not? The more related marketing, the better.
Because not all publicity is good publicity, and this community needs to be more careful about the kinds of projects it associates with and endorses..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Pheonike

If its so important, why doesn't the blockchain want to buy it from him? It has been presumed that its not that important. He owns it and can do with it what his pleases.

Online abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
If the worker doesn't get voted in I'll keep it and monetise it myself but it's obvious to most it would be better controlled by the comittee or cryptonomex.

I don't think that committee members should be required to take any part in marketing. Their job is to set blockchain parameters and that's enough for a nonpaid work.

Also Cryptonomex seems to be uninterested in marketing so accounts might be left underused if they are given to them.

Right now the best option might be that you'll gather a group of people who are interested and can post relevant stuff every now and then. I use Facebook quite regularly so I can be admin there if needed.

Maybe you could first ask donations to cover you expenses before you make the worker proposal? All donations you collect makes the worker less expensive so it gets voted in more easily.

I'm saying it should be owned by cryptonomex or the committee, but key people who are good at marketing can post from the account so the news is fresh and varied. Yet if one person gets too spam happy the committee will be able to stop it.

message me your facebook details and I'll add you so you can post. Also anyone else who would like to.

Hello @JonnyBitcoin . This seems like perfect timing. We would love the New Money project to have access to the Bitshares accounts. Our project right now is gaining a lot of traction and it would be stellar for those accounts to be promoting a powered by Bitshares project thats actually working currently as we speak. Let me know what we have to do to make that happen. Thanks.

For god sakes.... NO!
You are  really pushed me hard to post a (possibly last post of mine  on this forum)  in your thread.
Why not? The more related marketing, the better.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

For god sakes.... NO!

Offline svk

For god sakes.... NO!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

For god sakes.... NO!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 04:41:02 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
OK @btswildpig  you're right I won't do it again.

thanks for your input.
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline chamber

• View Profile
Thanks for the explanation, y'all!   

+5%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I don't think it's about the money but about the attitude. While some members might not agree with this and its their right, you claimed "... and expect the community to pay me back for them in full."

It's about people not even be aware of this or not agreeing with this and then having you "demand" to be reimbursed. It feels unfair, hence the comment about a worker proposal of $10k to get the chinese app page. It gives the impression anyone can just do whatever they like and demand the community pays them back.

if theres a worker proposal everyone votes. I expect that people will reimburse me. I could be wrong.
just trying to be useful.

I know. I believe you have good intentions, but you also must see from other people's pov.

Imagine someone who doesn't agree with this decision and then comes to this thread and gets the idea you are demanding your money back. People will think "why should I pay him for something he did so spontaneously, without asking for my opinion? What if someone does the same with $50k?", etc.

I don't think it's about the money but about the attitude. While some members might not agree with this and its their right, you claimed "... and expect the community to pay me back for them in full."

It's about people not even be aware of this or not agreeing with this and then having you "demand" to be reimbursed. It feels unfair, hence the comment about a worker proposal of $10k to get the chinese app page. It gives the impression anyone can just do whatever they like and demand the community pays them back.

if theres a worker proposal everyone votes. I expect that people will reimburse me. I could be wrong.
just trying to be useful.

I know. I believe you have good intentions, but you also must see from other people's pov.

Imagine someone who doesn't agree with this decision and then comes to this thread and gets the idea you are demanding your money back. People will think "why should I pay him for something he did so spontaneously, without asking for my opinion? What if someone does the same with $50k?", etc.

The worst question could be :

What if someone register all of the bitshares accounts on major websites and then ask his friends to pretend to sell it at a high price and then he pretend to pay him on the background (they could provide bank records too ) , essentially forcing the community to buy back the account with whatever price he named ?

What's stopping important community channel holders to start charging this community thousands of dollars by dilution with this method ?

I'm not saying the OP is doing this . I'm saying what a bad incentive it could be for those who thinks BitShares has a budget to buy this kind of stuff without even bargaining a fair price  . (It's worse than registering a domain name , because you need cost to register someone elses' domain name ,)

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Tuck Fheman

You're doing it wrong.

Well now I'm doing it wrong by assuming the bot is working. 

So you should have received 5 "PERCENT" a User Issued Asset, but the bot doesn't work much these days ... so I change my comment, you were doing it right after all! ;)

+5%
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
BTW, I'm a newbie, what does the +5% symbol mean or do?

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to type it like this ...

#sharebits "chamber" 5 PERCENT

;)

It's been a while but I believe it represents the 5% interest you used to get from bitUSD back in teh day.

Correct.  We went so far as to have every appearance of + 1 automatically changed to +1.

Now it is just a part of our glorious history.

But then, so are Back to the Future references and mysterious foreshadowings...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.