Author Topic: [ANN] New Money project & SOLCERT token  (Read 59401 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Any chance of a better name for these? IMHO chance of success is limited when someone names the product after himself. Decent guy though he may be.

That's interesting... I've had this conversation before  :) If you are directing that at the Sollars and Sense/Sollywood TV brand fair enough. If you have an argument that could have convinced Walt Disney, Sam Walton, John Deere, Harvey Weinstein, Amber Crombie and Fitch, Air Jordan, Calvin Klein, Henry Ford, Jacuzzi, Ferruccio Lamborghini, and a million other successful brands derived from their real life owners to change then I actually want to hear it.

And that is not even close to 1/5th of the list. We will be fine  :)

The consensus among most business experts is that if you name it after yourself and you're not a celebrity, you're going to have to spend more on marketing. If it's a product that needs explaining already, then it creates more work and expense for you. If I were seeing something new and unusual on Kickstarter, on the fence trying to decide if it's legit enough to jump in, and then I notice the guy used his own name for the product, that would be it. It would turn me off; I'd run for the hills. If you're an industrial magnate, railroad baron, swanky designer, or NBA superstar, then I see the value, but very few businesses in the latter 20th or early 21st century have gotten away with this. This is new money and I think you're going to have to work harder on it than you would if you just picked a humble, descriptive product name with less hubris.

where can i found this?

if i read it correct. If i name my project "SHENTIST" and not "ALGAMANDA" i will have spend more on marketing, because SHENTIST is my name and ALAGAMANDA is not?

Makes no $ense!

The question should be, makes it $ense to call it SOLLARS? You need a easy to remember name and SOLLARS fits in this creteria.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
 +5%
I think muse is a good name .Sollars is a good name too.

The name  must be easy to use,such as Sollars. Don't use  Sollars and Sense/Sollywood TV ,it's  too tedious   .
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
Any chance of a better name for these? IMHO chance of success is limited when someone names the product after himself. Decent guy though he may be.

That's interesting... I've had this conversation before  :) If you are directing that at the Sollars and Sense/Sollywood TV brand fair enough. If you have an argument that could have convinced Walt Disney, Sam Walton, John Deere, Harvey Weinstein, Amber Crombie and Fitch, Air Jordan, Calvin Klein, Henry Ford, Jacuzzi, Ferruccio Lamborghini, and a million other successful brands derived from their real life owners to change then I actually want to hear it.

The consensus among most business experts is that if you name it after yourself and you're not a celebrity, you're going to have to spend more on marketing. If it's a product that needs explaining already, then it creates more work and expense for you. If I were seeing something new and unusual on Kickstarter, on the fence trying to decide if it's legit enough to jump in, and then I notice the guy used his own name for the product, that would be it. It would turn me off; I'd run for the hills. If you're an industrial magnate, railroad baron, swanky designer, or NBA superstar, then I see the value, but very few businesses in the latter 20th or early 21st century have gotten away with this. This is new money and I think you're going to have to work harder on it than you would if you just picked a humble, descriptive product name with less hubris.
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

TravelsAsia

I've proposed a rewards program similar to what we've seen with Lisk and Waves.  I believe the people promoting projects should be rewarded for their time.  If Solomon approves it, I recommend getting it launched right after (or close to) the end of this sale. Make it easy, make it fun.

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Thank you Vizzini for your concern. I believe you may be mistaken in your analysis. On the contrary many brands succeed exceedingly well precisely because they are named after their founders. As a matter of fact I believe that's why we are doing well now. Consider what I wrote last year about this very topic:

If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

TravelsAsia

ICO date confirmed: April 11, 2016

This is good news for pre-sale buyers.  I'm helping Solomon put together a rewards program through sigs and social media. It will give a chance to build up some buzz after the pre-sale so they have a very successful ICO.

I've recommend a short ICO period of 4 weeks.

TravelsAsia

we are now in tier 7, and 900k left

Just a reminder, the ICO WILL NOT start lower than the highest tier there's activity on the pre-sale. There was some confusion earlier in the thread, we gained final clarification from Solomon and posted to the community faq.

I proposed a different type of tiered system for the ICO.  Instead of capping amounts at different tiers, the price will continue to increase throughout the ICO period.  It will reward pre-sale holders, incentivize ICO investors to buy up early which also benefits them at getting in much cheaper than the Kickstarter. The Kickstarter people will receive benefits for purchasing SollarDollars.  Everyone benefits.  I have no official capacity, just submitted some ideas based on my experience with other ICOs.

Once I get the official announcement on the ICO date, I'll make sure to start hitting social media and Bitcointalk. I hope you join me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:16:54 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
we are now in tier 7, and 900k left
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

UPDATE: And just like that Tier 6 is officially closed! Thank you to all who continue to support this project. We will reach a mainstream audience. New content coming soon!
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Thank you to all who continue to believe in this project and help in your various ways. It means a lot and why I had the courage to go into unfriendly territory and let people know that I was part of Bitshares. And I will continue to do this.

I am now working on putting SICK! animations to this video to launch with our ICO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy6NYRqAhmE&feature=youtu.be

Gonna clean it up and make it look VERY nice! You all are invaluable to me and Bitshares will have its day again. I just need you all to continue to work with me. We are about to do what no currency community has done to date. And that is reach a mainstrea audience WITH A MESSAGE... #PoweredByBitshares #Sollywood #NewMoney #LetsMakeSense

TravelsAsia

Questions to Solar $ense:
A)When will CCEDK release the funds to you
B)Will you keep the BTS after crowd-sale or will you exchange them with other "stable" assets?

You missed that questions...  ;)

PS My assumption (or hope) is that you will keep the BTS untouched  and pay contributors with bts (?) or at least convert @ pay-time not sooner (since you are a bts fun like us  :D)
      (just worried that BTS price  will not take another hit since most of fund until now are BTS...)

Thank you for the nudge, I've sent these off for the next batch.

TravelsAsia

a small update

104k solcerts left of tier 6

With the ICO starting a higher rate, I would guess this will go quickly. If haven't looked already, please take a look at the New Money Community FAQ thread I mentioned above.  It covers quite a few questions and will be updated again later in the next 24 hours.

** Update **

@liondani

I've posted the answer to your question in the FAQ (#14).   There will be obviously more follow-up on it!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:51:42 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
a small update

104k solcerts left of tier 6
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Questions to Solar $ense:
A)When will CCEDK release the funds to you
B)Will you keep the BTS after crowd-sale or will you exchange them with other "stable" assets?

You missed that questions...  ;)

PS My assumption (or hope) is that you will keep the BTS untouched  and pay contributors with bts (?) or at least convert @ pay-time not sooner (since you are a bts fun like us  :D)
      (just worried that BTS price  will not take another hit since most of fund until now are BTS...)