Author Topic: [ANN] [STEEM] Introducing Steem, Looking for Witnesses / Miners  (Read 115140 times)

Offline onceuponatime

The sharedrop was promised by Invictus company .

And STEEM is run by STEEM company .

So . it's ok not to drop on it .

I have to say this is a very strange response from someone who's been around as long as you have. Steem/Steemit/Steemit Inc. is running on code and talent developed for Bitshares. Dan's pitch, and the reason so many invested in PTS/AGS, was that the code base could be used to bootstrap an entire ecosystem of blockchain based projects. Investors would fund development of the initial code base and in return would receive a share in future projects.

The world is a harsh place and I would expect some to profit by abusing the 'social contract' upon which investment in PTS/AGS was premised via any number of schemes (ie. we changed the name on the sign and are no longer on the hook) but to be completely honest the lead dev is the last person I would have expected to do this sort of thing.

Those of us that invested in Dan's vision in the early days did so because his vision was sheer genius - design a generic platform which could be used by others to build an entire economy of block chain based businesses. By funding the creation of the generic platform investors could share in the success of the businesses that were built on top of it.

Steem/Steemit/Steemit Inc. seems to be the first profitable (?) realization of Dan's vision and hot damn, it's hard to believe the Bitshares folks are being left to hang.

Yes, BTS seems to be seeing some buying of late. Yes, the 'select few' that followed Dan are enjoying an influx of capital. All good things. But the social contract that was supposed to transcend the legal/political/corporate fuckery that defines the current state of the world seems to have been shat upon.

Say it ain't so! I've held my investment through brief highs and long, long lows because I believe Bitshares has real potential to level the playing field, globally. Hopefully Dan is having his Skywalker moment of doubt and is dabbling in the dark side.

It ain't so. Do some research. There are innumerable people still working on BitShares, and many of the people working on Steem are also very active in BitShares. If Steem had not been invented, BitShares would have ground to a halt because their were no development funds, and some of the devs NEED TO EAT, and NEED TO FEED THEIR CHILDREN.

There are some very "entitled" people in BitShares who think they are owed something beyond what had been produced by the time development funds ran out (and further funding through dilution - a very common business practice, as in new funding rounds - could not get the required votes).

And look at BitShares Munich, one of the leading sources of BitShares development now.  It has brought in thousands of dollars of bitshares development funds for itself BY POSTING ABOUT IT ON STEEMIT.COM and getting upvoted there (when it couldn't raise enough funding by selling its OPENPOS asset on the DEX).

The ignorance sometimes displayed in this forum is stifling.

thanks for your view of an "inside
r".

Aren't you the guy who took month after month of pay from the blockchain to fund his own bitshares-related business startup? And then shut it down?

Yours is the type of ignorance that I am talking about. And your constant negativity and bitterness are not only stifling, but counterproductive.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

I have to say this is a very strange response from someone who's been around as long as you have. Steem/Steemit/Steemit Inc. is running on code and talent developed for Bitshares. Dan's pitch, and the reason so many invested in PTS/AGS, was that the code base could be used to bootstrap an entire ecosystem of blockchain based projects. Investors would fund development of the initial code base and in return would receive a share in future projects.

The world is a harsh place and I would expect some to profit by abusing the 'social contract' upon which investment in PTS/AGS was premised via any number of schemes (ie. we changed the name on the sign and are no longer on the hook) but to be completely honest the lead dev is the last person I would have expected to do this sort of thing.

Those of us that invested in Dan's vision in the early days did so because his vision was sheer genius - design a generic platform which could be used by others to build an entire economy of block chain based businesses. By funding the creation of the generic platform investors could share in the success of the businesses that were built on top of it.

Steem/Steemit/Steemit Inc. seems to be the first profitable (?) realization of Dan's vision and hot damn, it's hard to believe the Bitshares folks are being left to hang.

Yes, BTS seems to be seeing some buying of late. Yes, the 'select few' that followed Dan are enjoying an influx of capital. All good things. But the social contract that was supposed to transcend the legal/political/corporate fuckery that defines the current state of the world seems to have been shat upon.

Say it ain't so! I've held my investment through brief highs and long, long lows because I believe Bitshares has real potential to level the playing field, globally. Hopefully Dan is having his Skywalker moment of doubt and is dabbling in the dark side.

It ain't so. Do some research. There are innumerable people still working on BitShares, and many of the people working on Steem are also very active in BitShares. If Steem had not been invented, BitShares would have ground to a halt because their were no development funds, and some of the devs NEED TO EAT, and NEED TO FEED THEIR CHILDREN.

There are some very "entitled" people in BitShares who think they are owed something beyond what had been produced by the time development funds ran out (and further funding through dilution - a very common business practice, as in new funding rounds - could not get the required votes).

And look at BitShares Munich, one of the leading sources of BitShares development now.  It has brought in thousands of dollars of bitshares development funds for itself BY POSTING ABOUT IT ON STEEMIT.COM and getting upvoted there (when it couldn't raise enough funding by selling its OPENPOS asset on the DEX).

thanks for your view of an "insider".

Offline onceuponatime

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Can someone please ELI5 Dan/STEEM/BTS for me?

I noticed STEEM going parabolic on CMC today, thought I'd check out the latest epic pump'n'dump and found Dan at the bottom of the rabbit hole. Not something I expected.

Then I hit Bitsharestalk and find a whole lot of pissed off folks with a pretty consistent sentiment that Dan has absconded with knowledge/experience/ideas funded by the PTS/AGS investors (of which I am one) and is using them to enrich a small, centralized cadre of "Steemit"(?) developers/investors via a heavily pre-mined coin apparently designed to game CMC. Also not something I expected.

Finally, it appears that although Steemit would not exist without Bitshares technology/codebase and substantial contributions from Bitshares lead developer (Bytemaster), there is currently no clear roadmap for a share drop on the PTS/AGS/BTSX/BTS folks. Definitely not expected!

I'm currently trying to maintain an open mind, as I continue to believe in Dan's vision and talent, but from where I'm standing this situation is pretty much ass end opposite of everything Bitshares stands for.

Help an old guy out, thank you!

in the beginning, it was told it is bytemaster alone, but if you look into the whitepaper you find any bitshares CNX codername i know, so he took the whole team with him and left bitshares without preperation on his own. only svk is left as a sole contributor to the codebase and the guys from blocktrades (and they are also heavily in steem).

because they promised to give away 10% for every future project, they gamed the words and just frontmined the whole steem project and they will tell you "there was nothing to give and you could mine by your own" - true - but every none technical guy was thrown away.

to my knowledge , even for technical people, the process was still a pain in the ass.
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

I noticed STEEM going parabolic on CMC today, thought I'd check out the latest epic pump'n'dump and found Dan at the bottom of the rabbit hole. Not something I expected.

Then I hit Bitsharestalk and find a whole lot of pissed off folks with a pretty consistent sentiment that Dan has absconded with knowledge/experience/ideas funded by the PTS/AGS investors (of which I am one) and is using them to enrich a small, centralized cadre of "Steemit"(?) developers/investors via a heavily pre-mined coin apparently designed to game CMC. Also not something I expected.

Finally, it appears that although Steemit would not exist without Bitshares technology/codebase and substantial contributions from Bitshares lead developer (Bytemaster), there is currently no clear roadmap for a share drop on the PTS/AGS/BTSX/BTS folks. Definitely not expected!

I'm currently trying to maintain an open mind, as I continue to believe in Dan's vision and talent, but from where I'm standing this situation is pretty much ass end opposite of everything Bitshares stands for.

in the beginning, it was told it is bytemaster alone, but if you look into the whitepaper you find any bitshares CNX codername i know, so he took the whole team with him and left bitshares without preperation on his own. only svk is left as a sole contributor to the codebase and the guys from blocktrades (and they are also heavily in steem).

because they promised to give away 10% for every future project, they gamed the words and just frontmined the whole steem project and they will tell you "there was nothing to give and you could mine by your own" - true - but every none technical guy was thrown away.

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
I am going to speak openly and honestly.

Steem and Bitshares have nothing to do with one another. "YET"

Steem is testing its ground, and it is doing very well.  While it seems this is a great time to get a synergy going...

https://steemd.com/distribution

There is "only" 18,000 users on the system as of this post.  That's 0.00001% of the internet population.

This is NOT the time to introduce them to bitshares, while they are growing exponentially.  Allow the userbase to grow 100X and then put effort forth.

So all of you (and me) BTS holders, knowing what Bitshares can do... need to wait.  Don't cloud the growth of steem pushing something like us forward.

Many of them don't even know what Bitcoin is (until now) and now we want to promote Bitshares?

Timing is everything... Bitshares isn't going anywhere, and neither is steem..  Use timing in your favor.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I cannot believe people are complaining about steem.....

bitshares is increasing in price n steem/bts on openledger is almost 50k......

certainly dan will not kill bts telling to his market maker dealing steem/bts using openledger

thanks dan, whatever what you do or...do not

I have no complaints about Steem per se, though to be completely honest I'm old and after a couple hours of reviewing Steem's website/whitepaper/stuff I still have absolutely no idea what it does, why it has value or why so many of the Bitshares dev's are investing time/effort in the ecosystem (other than as a very ironic means of raising development capital for Bitshares, in which case my faith in Dan remains intact).

Investment is not about assets or products; when one invests, one invests in people.

My concern is that my investment in Bitshares, which to this point has been primarily an investment in Dan and Stan, may be jeopardized by this ridiculously abrupt pivot in focus.

Any investor worth their salt needs to know why the captain suddenly jumped ship to run first mate elsewhere....

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I cannot believe people are complaining about steem.....

bitshares is increasing in price n steem/bts on openledger is almost 50k......

certainly dan will not kill bts telling to his market maker dealing steem/bts using openledger

thanks dan, whatever what you do or...do not
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Lol oh man oldman, you've honestly got pretty much the jist of it right there. Whether or not Dan returns and/or STEEM ever or in any way ends up benefitting BTS remains to be seen.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The sour grapes here is funny. ByteMaster gave each of you an opportunity to get into Steem early. Now its a few people that are focused on getting work done, Peertracks scams and the test holding their Bitshares bags upset about Steem's success. Thank you anti dillusion crowd for forcing ByteMaster's hand, we owe you big time. :)

Paper profits make people so bold...

Just because they know how to manipulate cmc doesn't mean it's actually worth that much.  Anyone who thinks a price rise from 50 million to 300 million on 1 million dollars in volume has any validity at all has no idea how markets work.

If u are invested in steem and can get out, which I'm guessing most can't, do it now.  The action you are seeing should be throwing up a lot of red flags.

Nothing on CMC is worth that much.  It's just a way of keeping score.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Shut up Stan, we care not for real facts!

Of all the communities in the world who had the longest amount of time to board the STEEM train, we had the best opportunity and made the worst choice and now we blame you because we at BitShares are unable to take responsibility for our actions.

And now, we are mad at you for causing the price of BTS to rise 50%!

We will  curse this 50% BTC price rise until we die (while accomplishing nothing of value for humanity).

How could Dan turn his back on a community that is hell bent on cursing his name until the end of our days?!

Alas, it's a shame people didn't like him talking about it so much on the Friday mumble when it first came out.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
The sour grapes here is funny. ByteMaster gave each of you an opportunity to get into Steem early. Now its a few people that are focused on getting work done, Peertracks scams and the test holding their Bitshares bags upset about Steem's success. Thank you anti dillusion crowd for forcing ByteMaster's hand, we owe you big time. :)

Paper profits make people so bold...

Just because they know how to manipulate cmc doesn't mean it's actually worth that much.  Anyone who thinks a price rise from 50 million to 300 million on 1 million dollars in volume has any validity at all has no idea how markets work.

If u are invested in steem and can get out, which I'm guessing most can't, do it now.  The action you are seeing should be throwing up a lot of red flags.