Author Topic: So what is everyone's thoughts on the Bitshares platform & ecosystem now?  (Read 30878 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Funny, no one mentions the other bombshell today... hint:  it ends in "3.0".

I kind of half listened to the mumble and I didn't hear anything about this. Anyone know what Stan's alluding to here?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
scarcity of fiat ramps is the major one. Let people who get their wages in fiat to deposit/withdraw easily, and your volumes will go to the moon.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I don't get why people get frustrated about BTS future. Pegs are getting more tight, spreads are getting smaller. It is unbelievable, but this shit is working. There are many problems to solve though. Imo scarcity of fiat ramps is the major one. Let people who get their wages in fiat to deposit/withdraw easily, and your volumes will go to the moon.

Offline EstefanTT

This will be so awsome, i feel like a big rock is finally of my back. It's so great!

Agreed. So many folks have been complaining that the captain of the ship keeps getting sidetracked and then never finishes a feature to shareholders expectations. So, I think the friday mumbles could now be moderated by the Beyond Bitcoin team but the guests can be those who want to talk about their projects. No more perception of a top-down structure (i have even seen Bitshares referred to as central banking 2.0).

I had a nice conversation with BM, Stan, Onceupon and Thom yesterday on mumble after the official mumble. We have a very solid plan to move Bitshares forward. Blinded transactions, recurring and scheduled payments, bond market, liquidity bots and market makers, margin trading, free transactions, Smartcoins POS integrations, a 2nd mobile wallet app for iOS and android (all native and material design), skin-able specific use-case wallets, Marketing... There are lots of things being started, worked on and finished up as we speak.

BitShares Munich will be expanding over the coming days. BM has been so far, and confirms that he will continue to consult with us in assisting our expansion, getting more Devs up to speed on graphene, direction with the different repos and docs, etc. We have roughly 40 Devs (c++, js, python and ui/x etc) that can work with us on various projects (as you guys know I have been in software and outsourcing for over 24 years now). Roughly 7 of those 40 are employed with us full-time and as more investment comes in we can slowly expand further. I would like all of the existing projects above finished/polished first and make them awesome.

Agree, maybe it is a good thing that we will have a more stable ecosystem for the next months now. We at BitShares Munich are continuing our efforts and are heavily focusing on POS software (Odoo, Standalone) and started raising funds for our mobile payment app ECHO. The response from the market and investors is very good so far.

I am sad that BM shifted his focus and will work on STEEM now, but somehow it is like a Satoshi Nakamoto moment for BitShares. Now it is up to us to develop this awesome platform and make it great.

You can start helping us already: Leave a comment here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22218.0.html
We want to update the BitShares.org main site. Thank you for your help!
Just going to +5% this to be sure everyone sees it ;)

Come on everybody, post a suggestion and let's make of bitshares.org something exiting, something that makes ppl want to know more about BitShares and invest in it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
For me the biggest disappointment of the BitShares platform so far is the promised 2.0 feature of the bond market. Ive been wanting to loan out my BTS and get interest on it for ages. I expect that many others feel the same way, and that this feature will give a huge boost to the daily transaction count, because BTS bulls now have something to do whilst patiently hodling their shares.

Is there any ETA on this?

This and Margin trading...

Those features are still possible, if that's what the shareholders vote for.

"Still" possible? So its a decreasing possibility, as in probably not going to happen? You havent given us a bond market proposal to vote for, nor said how much cash it will require. Where do I vote for it?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
This will be so awsome, i feel like a big rock is finally of my back. It's so great!

Agreed. So many folks have been complaining that the captain of the ship keeps getting sidetracked and then never finishes a feature to shareholders expectations. So, I think the friday mumbles could now be moderated by the Beyond Bitcoin team but the guests can be those who want to talk about their projects. No more perception of a top-down structure (i have even seen Bitshares referred to as central banking 2.0).

I had a nice conversation with BM, Stan, Onceupon and Thom yesterday on mumble after the official mumble. We have a very solid plan to move Bitshares forward. Blinded transactions, recurring and scheduled payments, bond market, liquidity bots and market makers, margin trading, free transactions, Smartcoins POS integrations, a 2nd mobile wallet app for iOS and android (all native and material design), skin-able specific use-case wallets, Marketing... There are lots of things being started, worked on and finished up as we speak.

BitShares Munich will be expanding over the coming days. BM has been so far, and confirms that he will continue to consult with us in assisting our expansion, getting more Devs up to speed on graphene, direction with the different repos and docs, etc. We have roughly 40 Devs (c++, js, python and ui/x etc) that can work with us on various projects (as you guys know I have been in software and outsourcing for over 24 years now). Roughly 7 of those 40 are employed with us full-time and as more investment comes in we can slowly expand further. I would like all of the existing projects above finished/polished first and make them awesome.

+5% +5%  Thanks Ken...  For what it is worth, I'm very happy with the past and the present.  These are startups, so I keep learning to enjoy the ride..

I recognize that blockchains like BitShares are the right thing to do so I continue to upgrade my personal finances to use this new technology and invest in new businesses that show they can be sustained long term.  There is very little I can do to gage adoption or even to put a financial price tag on this.  Isn't user adoption something like cash, will you ever have enough?  If one can have passion and do well user adoption is free... The incentive is more excitement in the way of future opportunity.

These are real business and we have an awesome exchange on BitShares.  It is fast, high-volume, secure, decentralized and efficient.  I hear of very clever workarounds to the speed issues in blockchains and, although I would implement them if I were in their shoes (to keep things going), I would always know very well that as a developer they are cracks in a foundation.  One little hack in the core can take down a platform in unforeseen ways.  DL understand this well so this gives me confidence in his work.  I know this part of the platform should not change frequently and does not require his constant attention.  The less frequent the better.  This is great news for us, we have property now that will keep giving us value at little or no cost at all.  This is why we put forth all the time and effort up front to create things that will last.  You don't want to change them latter.  Also, for this reason it is completely normal to move to other modules, projects, chains, etc...  None of this raises a red flag for me.  Software is complex, you need to move to another area so you have freedom and can't break any code.   Fighting this is like fighting the rip currents, the key is to go with the flow and gently move in the direction you need to go...

This is what I was after, I wanted to see this become a reality.  The market experiments are a lot of fun to use and watch, these are important tools for very serious investors.  This is exactly what we need, if we are going to be home for major investors and even the average person's retirement portfolio.  This is a huge step up for the average joe.  Also, for this to be viable we needed web and mobile clients.  We pulled it off.  The major pieces are here...  Best of all the community owns it in full so this sets the stage for a honest future where it is greed and monopoly resistant.

This is another asset for the BitShares exchange.  Keep them coming ;)...

i would like to hear more from you and svk. the point is this community is so focus on bytemaster because everything run threw his hands. Would be nice to hear from you personally sometimes on mumble. Weekly is not needed.

cheers

Offline jamesc

+5% +5%  Thanks Ken...  For what it is worth, I'm very happy with the past and the present.  These are startups, so I keep learning to enjoy the ride..

I recognize that blockchains like BitShares are the right thing to do so I continue to upgrade my personal finances to use this new technology and invest in new businesses that show they can be sustained long term.  There is very little I can do to gage adoption or even to put a financial price tag on this.  Isn't user adoption something like cash, will you ever have enough?  If one can have passion and do well user adoption is free... The incentive is more excitement in the way of future opportunity.

These are real business and we have an awesome exchange on BitShares.  It is fast, high-volume, secure, decentralized and efficient.  I hear of very clever workarounds to the speed issues in blockchains and, although I would implement them if I were in their shoes (to keep things going), I would always know very well that as a developer they are cracks in a foundation.  One little hack in the core can take down a platform in unforeseen ways.  DL understand this well so this gives me confidence in his work.  I know this part of the platform should not change frequently and does not require his constant attention.  The less frequent the better.  This is great news for us, we have property now that will keep giving us value at little or no cost at all.  This is why we put forth all the time and effort up front to create things that will last.  You don't want to change them latter.  Also, for this reason it is completely normal to move to other modules, projects, chains, etc...  None of this raises a red flag for me.  Software is complex, you need to move to another area so you have freedom and can't break any code.   Fighting this is like fighting the rip currents, the key is to go with the flow and gently move in the direction you need to go...

This is what I was after, I wanted to see this become a reality.  The market experiments are a lot of fun to use and watch, these are important tools for very serious investors.  This is exactly what we need, if we are going to be home for major investors and even the average person's retirement portfolio.  This is a huge step up for the average joe.  Also, for this to be viable we needed web and mobile clients.  We pulled it off.  The major pieces are here...  Best of all the community owns it in full so this sets the stage for a honest future where it is greed and monopoly resistant.

This is another asset for the BitShares exchange.  Keep them coming ;)...

Offline fuzzy

So many folks have been complaining that the captain of the ship keeps getting sidetracked and then never finishes a feature to shareholders expectations. So, I think the friday mumbles could now be moderated by the Beyond Bitcoin team but the guests can be those who want to talk about their projects. No more perception of a top-down structure (i have even seen Bitshares referred to as central banking 2.0).

We have been doing precisely this for the past 3 sessions.  BM is moving toward a role more as a community member (who will naturally be asked more questions than most people and will in turn talk more because of this fact). 

However, I can honestly say that for the past 900+ days working on coordinating hangouts with the community ( and guests from Solarcoin's project lead to Sunny King and much more) that I have always kept it open for the community to step up and lead the conversation (show me other places that enable this).  Whether THEY choose to do so is up to them. 

See I agree with you Ken, but then again we have been doing this already.  ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hcf27

Agreed, I think Bitshares still has a lot of valuable members and talented coders: Bitshares Munich, Bunkerchain Labs, bitcash, transwiser.com, etc.

I think its time for the community to step up and make this project truly great!

Great!  So what are you planning?
I got Team Argentina together and we are working towards building our own smartcoin.. we will provide liquidity and promote it trough our Bitcoin Embassy in Buenos Aires, we will also provide a 1-1 conversion and talk about bitshares at our meetups.

I also help the bit20 project in whatever I can....

I have set up some liquidity bots for the USD, gold and CAD market..

I think efforts need to be decentralized.. I am working with spanish speaking Team and with @Estefantt who has a great vision for his index.... bitsharesmunich doing their thing and so on...

I also dont blame people who join bitshares to just trade.. we need those guys too.

Enviado desde mi SM-A300M mediante Tapatalk

Offline fuzzy

Agreed, I think Bitshares still has a lot of valuable members and talented coders: Bitshares Munich, Bunkerchain Labs, bitcash, transwiser.com, etc.

I think its time for the community to step up and make this project truly great!

Great!  So what are you planning?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I think BitShares 2 has been slowly gaining momentum in the past five or six months as the infrastructure being built on top of it has improved. That infrastructure includes an ever-improving GUI, improved documentation and libraries to make it easy for 3rd party programmers to interact with it, many new and interesting types of assets to trade, one of the coolest blockchain explorers around, and even new ways to finance improvements to the blockchain itself such as FBAs.  And it's all being built on top of what is, to my knowledge, still the fastest blockchain around. And all of this infrastructure has been done during a time when BM and more than half of the CNX crew have been off working on STEEM. This is one of the reasons why I'm not too worried about the future of BitShares. In fact, I'm confident enough that I've actually been increasing BlockTrades' holdings in BTS lately.

There are many ways one can try to quantify how a blockchain is doing, and most people focus on marketcap, but this can often be misleading as it's driven primarily by short term speculation in cryptocurrency. For BitShares, I tend to focus on how it's performing in it's stated primary business: a decentralized exchange. So one of the metrics I like to look at is the number of "fills" shown on www.cryptofresh.com/charts. With a little smoothing, it shows a nice steady increase from around November 2015 onwards.
As we demonstrate the ability of BitShares to beat traditional exchanges in time-to-market on introducing new asset types, I expect this trend to accelerate.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:12:20 pm by dannotestein »
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline mauritso

• View Profile

+5%
BTS: maurits

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

thank you ken  +5% +5%

bitimaru

+5% +5% +5%

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hcf27