Author Topic: So what is everyone's thoughts on the Bitshares platform & ecosystem now?  (Read 30877 times)

Offline svk

Bytemaster has been saying for months that:

BitShares needs to stabilize and stop "innovating".
Sidechains are the proper way to expand.
He will continue to innovate (it's what he does).
He will be there when BitShares needs him.

Funny, no one mentions the other bombshell today... hint:  it ends in "3.0".

Bytemaster makes babies and leaves it to others to raise them.
That's because he is the best choice for the first and the worst choice for the second.

We all benefit when BM makes babies because we find out about them first and we know their daddy well.

He will make us many babies if he is free to innovate. 
What do you think his talent will be worth if chained to maintaining a stabilized BitShares?

BitShares is in the hands of mere mortal entrepreneurs like you and me now.
And we are exactly what it needs at this point in time.

:)

Exactly how many more people besides BM can take over development of major new features in a way consistent with the current codebase?

In other words, who else really groks the code?

thereverseflash looks to be pretty effective

Perhaps we could have a bidding war to lure him over to Bitshares?

Since he's BM it would be hard I guess ;)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

julian1

That's because he is the best choice for the first and the worst choice for the second.

We all benefit when BM makes babies because we find out about them first and we know their daddy well.

What do you think his talent will be worth if chained to maintaining a stabilized BitShares?

Exactly how many more people besides BM can take over development of major new features in a way consistent with the current codebase?

thereverseflash looks to be pretty effective

Perhaps we could have a bidding war to lure him over to Bitshares?

Offline emailtooaj

You've probably read it in this 245 replies long thread here ;p  :

http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=22082.0

That's a real problem, BTS has been made to have funds available to grow. This one of the best thing we have, we should think how o best allocate these fund and not stop spend. Come on anti dilution community, don't you want to have your money x 100 in 3 years ?

Start a war with exchanges is very dangerous, if someone could persuade  Poloniex and BTC38 to give their voting power to someone, it would be the end of BitShares democracy.

I have a suggestion. Someone with a confidence voice, speaking a good english make a quick video showing how to vote in the wallet. (That could be done in an hour). While showing how to vote,  he explain why voting for a proxy like "xerox" who support workers is the best way of keeping BitShares in the path of success and grow the investment in BTS of everyone . These daily funds we have are there to develop BitShares. The sell pressure is caused mainly by the merger. Without workers, we will loose our competitive advantage in 6 months, bla bla bla
The "bla bla bla" should be all the good reasons we've seen in the 245 replies in the thread.

Once the video is done, every one here start sending transactions of 0.01 BTS with a quick message in the memo and the link to the video to the big and small whales who are not voting.

Here are a few one :

mcxcwbts 11,107,976
goldsix 6,050,401
ubris 6,000,000
miso69 4,833,076
lambda1 4,063,036
deepweb 2,974,341
jaehyuk 3,876,514
andrewmiao 3,786,080
tomliu 3,719,558
go-danny-go 3,533,157
mike-primorac 3,479,329
bts-ats8088 3,778,135
freggieleggie 1 3,401,362
brentallsop 3,247,576
zy360 2,891,468
bts-fruitsalad 2,804,446
operations.hyperetas 2,626,603
rand1 2,586,347
thread 2,553,716
hardfork 2 2,545,413

Which is 76,201,801 BTS not voting.

You can have fun and find more here and using CryptoFresh to check their voting :

http://richlist.btsgame.org/#/richlist/bts

I'm sure if this video is well made and only 10 of us would send these transactions/reminder to vote, we could made a big difference ! Also we would have a weapon for these kind of situations. If you look for more ppl who don't vote, you'll find easily more than 76 million BTS. In about a couple of hours, I could find 100-150 millions.

I'm not able to do the video myself with my terrible Belgian accent and my poor english. Maybe it could be the association between a nice voice like fuzzy and a good script from one of our best mind in here.

We just need one or two volunteers to make this short video ( 1-2 min max ) and we can start as a community, to show how organised we can be and how we solve big problems with simple solutions.

@emailtooaj - you are an amazing video maker with an AWESOME voice. maybe a bounty from us to create this quick video on voting?
Chris Coney @JonnyBitcoin does great explanatory videos as well.
So, let's try it. Which of you would like to do this for us and how much does the bounty for you need to be?

@EstefanTT has a brilliant idea here and I think we should give it a shot!

@kenCode
I appreciate your vote of confidence  :)

I'd be more than happy doing this for the community. 
Here's the crux at the moment...
I'm in transition to building a new computer system, just waiting for the motherboard which should arrive tomorrow. 
So it'll be a few days to a week before I can get everything built, reinstalled and tuned up before I'd could produce this.
**this is the reason it's been taking me forever to get the OPENPOS Mobile wallet speed test video finalized**

If the community can be patient waiting on me,  then I'm a go!
Otherwise,  if some one else steps up to the plate... feelings won't be hurt  :P

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
from a trading perspective, Bitshares is awesome and has come a long way. As recently as a month ago I had chronic issues placing orders and executing trades. After a little bit of bitching, all the issues were resolved and now I'm just having fun in my own little trading world. I still recommend continual improvement to the trading experience.

Offline EstefanTT

That's a real problem, BTS has been made to have funds available to grow. This one of the best thing we have, we should think how o best allocate these fund and not stop spend. Come on anti dilution community, don't you want to have your money x 100 in 3 years ?

Start a war with exchanges is very dangerous, if someone could persuade  Poloniex and BTC38 to give their voting power to someone, it would be the end of BitShares democracy.

I have a suggestion. Someone with a confidence voice, speaking a good english make a quick video showing how to vote in the wallet. (That could be done in an hour). While showing how to vote,  he explain why voting for a proxy like "xerox" who support workers is the best way of keeping BitShares in the path of success and grow the investment in BTS of everyone . These daily funds we have are there to develop BitShares. The sell pressure is caused mainly by the merger. Without workers, we will loose our competitive advantage in 6 months, bla bla bla
The "bla bla bla" should be all the good reasons we've seen in the 245 replies in the thread.

Once the video is done, every one here start sending transactions of 0.01 BTS with a quick message in the memo and the link to the video to the big and small whales who are not voting.

Here are a few one :

mcxcwbts 11,107,976
goldsix 6,050,401
ubris 6,000,000
miso69 4,833,076
lambda1 4,063,036
deepweb 2,974,341
jaehyuk 3,876,514
andrewmiao 3,786,080
tomliu 3,719,558
go-danny-go 3,533,157
mike-primorac 3,479,329
bts-ats8088 3,778,135
brentallsop 3,247,576
zy360 2,891,468
bts-fruitsalad 2,804,446
rand1 2,586,347
thread 2,553,716
hardfork 2 2,545,413

You can have fun and find more here and using CryptoFresh to check their voting :

I'm sure if this video is well made and only 10 of us would send these transactions/reminder to vote, we could made a big difference ! Also we would have a weapon for these kind of situations. If you look for more ppl who don't vote, you'll find easily more than 76 million BTS. In about a couple of hours, I could find 100-150 millions.

I'm not able to do the video myself with my terrible Belgian accent and my poor english. Maybe it could be the association between a nice voice like fuzzy and a good script from one of our best mind in here.

We just need one or two volunteers to make this short video ( 1-2 min max ) and we can start as a community, to show how organised we can be and how we solve big problems with simple solutions.

@emailtooaj - you are an amazing video maker with an AWESOME voice. maybe a bounty from us to create this quick video on voting?
So, let's try it. Which of you would like to do this for us and how much does the bounty for you need to be?

@xeroc has brownies left for this purpose. If everybody agrees on a decent bounty, not symbolic but not overpaid, xeroc can aprove it.

The video would be done in no time and all our workers voted back in progressively.

Imagine you are a whale and are not voting probably because you think it's probably still complicated as it was in bts 0.9. You receive 17 transcations from different members asking you to check a 1-2 min video and consider voting. Even if you have very few spare time, you will at least, watch the video, out of curiosity.

We should propose the better proxies and explain how it works. It's simple and they'll know they just have to set it once.

If the video is well done, it should not promote voting wotkers but try to teach the benefits of maintaining them working and the big risks of having them out.  Like that we don't start a war with the antidilution ppl.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Here are a few one :

mcxcwbts 11,107,976
goldsix 6,050,401
ubris 6,000,000
miso69 4,833,076
lambda1 4,063,036
deepweb 2,974,341
jaehyuk 3,876,514
andrewmiao 3,786,080
tomliu 3,719,558
go-danny-go 3,533,157
mike-primorac 3,479,329
bts-ats8088 3,778,135
brentallsop 3,247,576
zy360 2,891,468
bts-fruitsalad 2,804,446
rand1 2,586,347
thread 2,553,716
hardfork 2 2,545,413

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
less talk about what others did not do, and more about what could be done is what is needed now.

+5% +5% +5%
@everyone - i think i read somewhere that Yunbi (an exchange?) is voting against Workers and having their heavy buddies do the same. so, let's either A) disable Yunbi in the web wallet, and/or B) do the same thing with CCEDK/OL, Blocktrades and MetaExchange voting FOR the Workers. Fight fire with fire and we will never have to worry about a cheating exchange again. Light'em up!

Yunbi proxies to laomao... Maybe we should try to convince laomao that some projects are worth while. Also we need to get workers that are not basic maintenance workers.  The Chinese are against the cost in which we are paying to fix bugs and do documentation. I see where they are coming from.

I find Dan's reasoning for leaving extremely hollow.  There was never a worker proposal created to add any new features to bitshares that we could have voted on.  People need to realize that, instead of just assuming the Chinese will never vote in a worker.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:07:16 pm by lil_jay890 »

Offline EstefanTT

less talk about what others did not do, and more about what could be done is what is needed now.

+5% +5% +5%
@everyone - i think i read somewhere that Yunbi (an exchange?) is voting against Workers and having their heavy buddies do the same. so, let's either A) disable Yunbi in the web wallet, and/or B) do the same thing with CCEDK/OL, Blocktrades and MetaExchange voting FOR the Workers. Fight fire with fire and we will never have to worry about a cheating exchange again. Light'em up!

Here are a few one :

mcxcwbts 11,107,976
goldsix 6,050,401
ubris 6,000,000
miso69 4,833,076
lambda1 4,063,036
deepweb 2,974,341
jaehyuk 3,876,514
andrewmiao 3,786,080
tomliu 3,719,558
go-danny-go 3,533,157
mike-primorac 3,479,329
bts-ats8088 3,778,135
brentallsop 3,247,576
zy360 2,891,468
bts-fruitsalad 2,804,446
rand1 2,586,347
thread 2,553,716
hardfork 2 2,545,413

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

+5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Thom

choose whatever account names you want without creating them...

And just how do you do that? There's got to be some way to tell the minors where to put the steem they create, so "choosing" must require a wallet command. In BTS there is a create_account_with_brain_key, but that same cmd does not exist in this steem wallet. The steam wallet has 2 create_account commands:

Code: [Select]
create_account(string creator, string new_account_name, string json_meta, bool broadcast)

create_account_with_keys(string creator, string newname, string json_meta, public_key_type owner, public_key_type active, public_key_type posting, public_key_type memo, bool broadcast)

It isn't obvious which one should be used or what the arguments should be for "creator" or "json_meta". I have assumed "json_meta" to be an empty string value, same for "creator" and that dashes in the name are OK. I have tried a number of variations all of which produce an error.

I'm straddling 2 systems atm and can't login to the slack channel, but I have an invite waiting now.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

I kind of half listened to the mumble and I didn't hear anything about this. Anyone know what Stan's alluding to here?

i think BM mentioned lessions learnt for BTS 3.0 but didn't said something that this is in the pipline, because you know, lack of funds, mean no development on the blockchain, only on the frontend.

bombshells just anger people more... at least historically.  I am more trying to say there are many chains out their that compete against us and have centralized bodies paying their dev teams.   Bitcoin and ETH both exemplify this.  Yet people somehow think Dan and team are horrible when I assure you the eth core devs and btc core devs have been promised constant payment indefinitely until when? until they WIN in the market and probably beyond.

no they don't have  been promised constant payment indefinitely .
They can only accept payment as long as they can fulfill their task in time / in quality compare to market standards . Or they'll be fired by whoever hired them and replaced by whoever can fulfill their task in time/ in quality .

If you expect otherwise , you should apply for that easy and guaranteed job in Bitcoin/ETH and use their payment to buy more BTS to support the BTS eco-system  :P

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Here is a good question someone just PM'd me.... could someone answer it cause I don't know (remember, I'm 5)....

I presume these values need to be replaced with something else, is that right?

Code: [Select]

--miner='["account1","5WIF1"]' --witness='"account1"' \
--miner='["account2","5WIF2"]' --witness='"account2"' \
--miner='["account3","5WIF3"]' --witness='"account3"' \

How do you create the accounts? I assume the 5WIFn are the private keys for those accounts, correct?

./steemd --rpc-endpoint
on a new terminal (or screen)
./cli_wallet

cd programs/cli_wallet
./cli_wallet
new >>> set_password "PASSWORD"
locked >>> unlock "PASSWORD"
suggest_brain_key
unlocked >>> import_key "WIF KEY starting with 5..."
unlocked>>> get_account "youraccountname"

make 3 times brainkey so you import 3 different priv.keys
choose whatever account names you want without creating them... after your miners mine some steems you will get them...
use 3 witness, 3 miners with dif. keys (optimal setting )