Author Topic: Depoposit and withdraw BTS from Bitshares 2.0?  (Read 10708 times)

Offline wolfram

• View Profile
I still have the problem that allthough I have sent BTC to the account and it is visible in the deposits/withdrawals I can not trade with it at the BTS:BTC market because balance BTC in the "buy BTS" frame is zero.

Offline jemcrowne

I see I can deposit BTC and they get converted to BTS. I can withdraw BTC by converting BTC to BTS. Why have I not found any mechanism how to withdraw BTS? Is it even possible to withdraw BTS to somewhere else?

Why would you want to withdraw BTS?  That's crazy talk.  :)

But yes, you can convert BTS to BTC and sell BTC for dollars.  Great idea.

Was just going to post this chart myself

What are you trying to say: Lil_jay890? Bitshares is like the US dollar?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

+5%

:P :P :P

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I see I can deposit BTC and they get converted to BTS. I can withdraw BTC by converting BTC to BTS. Why have I not found any mechanism how to withdraw BTS? Is it even possible to withdraw BTS to somewhere else?

Was just going to post this chart myself

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I have managed to do what I wanted to. I like Bitshares 2.0 but there are some possibilities for usability improvement.

Possibility to choose a light/white theme in addition to the current dark/gray theme would be nice for example. I think it could improve readablitiy.

There is a light theme.  You just have to go into settings (click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner) and scroll down to set the theme.  As for Withdraw vs. Send, I can see how that might be confusing for new  users.  Maybe we should take a look at that. 

paging @svk: At the top of the Deposit/Withdraw page there is note about receiving BTS.  Perhaps there should also be a note about sending BTS with a link to the Send page?  Or maybe somehow sending, depositing, and withdrawing should be under the same main menu item (e.g. Deposit/Withdraw/Send) with one tab for sending BTS and another tab for depositing/withdrawing funds?  I'm not sure exactly what the answer is, but I think it can be improved in some way.

Offline svk

I have managed to do what I wanted to. I like Bitshares 2.0 but there are some possibilities for usability improvement.

Possibility to choose a light/white theme in addition to the current dark/gray theme would be nice for example. I think it could improve readablitiy.
There's a light theme in the settings. Not the best theme mind you but it is light..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline wolfram

• View Profile

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:20:03 pm by wolfram »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I dont see a "Transfer" tab however I see a "Send" tab. The field marked "To" looks like I should fill in with a Openledger account name which would make it impossible to send BTS outside of Openledger.

I dont understand Why Bitshare transfer could not be in Account>Deposit/Witdrawal as other currencies
An OpenLedger account IS a BitShares account. :D
All funds you have on OpenLedger can also be access through any other partner .. such as freedomledger or later thedex.org or bitshares.org/wallet ..

Offline wolfram

• View Profile
I dont see a "Transfer" tab however I see a "Send" tab. The field marked "To" looks like I should fill in with a Openledger account name which would make it impossible to send BTS outside of Openledger.

I dont understand Why Bitshare transfer could not be in Account>Deposit/Witdrawal as other currencies

Offline oldmine

• View Profile
Openledger is a webwallet, so it stores the private keys of your account. If you want to send your BTS to another account, then you can use the Transfer tab to send your BTS to another account.

Offline wolfram

• View Profile