Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Chronos Crypto videos  (Read 31393 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Note that if @bytemaster supported the worker with his 33 proxy followers, the worker would again be funded. Perhaps if you're able connect with him, he might wish to cast his vote and get this ball rolling again. I haven't been able to reach him recently on these forums.

Thanks!
I haven't talked with Dan recently since they relocated to their new office a couple of weeks ago (they were temporarily renting out some space from me for a few months at startup). But he should be pretty easy to reach as "dan" on steem.slack.com. Heck, you can probably make a post on steemit requesting votes for your proposal. He's pretty active there.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Chronos

Note that if @bytemaster supported the worker with his 33 proxy followers, the worker would again be funded. Perhaps if you're able connect with him, he might wish to cast his vote and get this ball rolling again. I haven't been able to reach him recently on these forums.

Thanks!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Obviously there's disagreement on the value of these videos, but I think for the price we're paying they are a reasonable deal. We really need more of this type of video material, not necessarily to attract new users, but just to educate them once they are here. There's a substantial group of people that are much more likely to watch a few videos than will scavenge thru a forum or post a bunch of questions (that we'll then be forced to answer over and over again). As it stands now, I'm sure we lose a bunch of these new users due to difficulties of learning the platform, and that's an expensive loss.

On a related-note, I'd like to encourage everyone to do a search on youtube and "watch" any decent video on bitshares they can find there. The reason is simple: views are a relative measure of the popularity of a video (and the topic it covers). The more views they get, the more likely other people are to watch the video, since people are more likely to watch something that's popular. It's just human nature.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:33:38 pm by dannotestein »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
A few thoughts:

First, if you don't want to fund the worker for now, that's fine, and I'm not offended. I think it's clear what kind of product I'm offering, so it's up to the community to decide if they want to purchase it or not.

I personally believe the worker provides great value for Bitshares, because the videos will last a long time, and the overall dilution effect is very low. Just think: any time in the future, we would have a professional video for when someone shows up and asks questions like, "How do I buy BTS?" or "How do I secure my wallet?"

Lastly, no offense, but I wouldn't do this work for Steem dollars. I don't trust their value, which is probably the same reason you'd rather use them for payment.  :)

Thanks for the good conversation.

Does this mean you will no longer pursue fulfilling or attempting to market your product that you are selling to the network?

The good conversation ender sounded like you are just packing up and leaving.
I didn't take it that way, especially as he has already said: "I'll be able to put out one more video at the most with what remains of the pay. Let's not let this be the end."

Offline Chronos

So far, the intro video has been produced, and I was working on a second one (how to buy BTS, bridges vs gateways) when the worker went unfunded. I'm certainly not packing up and leaving, but with the worker unfunded, the plan for future videos is in jeopardy.

I don't want to annoy people with more "Vote for Chronos!" posts and messages, because most stakeholders have already made up their minds about whether or not they'd like to vote for the worker. In a way, the ball is now in the community's court. If you, as a community, want to see these videos happen, you'll need to find a way to fund the worker.

Here's a breakdown of which key members and proxies could sway the vote. Feel free to start conversations with some of these members, encouraging them to cast their vote. (I already have. :) )

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

A few thoughts:

First, if you don't want to fund the worker for now, that's fine, and I'm not offended. I think it's clear what kind of product I'm offering, so it's up to the community to decide if they want to purchase it or not.

I personally believe the worker provides great value for Bitshares, because the videos will last a long time, and the overall dilution effect is very low. Just think: any time in the future, we would have a professional video for when someone shows up and asks questions like, "How do I buy BTS?" or "How do I secure my wallet?"

Lastly, no offense, but I wouldn't do this work for Steem dollars. I don't trust their value, which is probably the same reason you'd rather use them for payment.  :)

Does this mean you will no longer pursue fulfilling or attempting to market your product that you are selling to the network?

The good conversation ender sounded like you are just packing up and leaving.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Chronos

A few thoughts:

Offline yvv

• View Profile
It seems that these videos target wrong audience. I bet the majority of those who watched them are bitshares addicts, and those few who did not know about bitshares before watching these videos did not understand a crap. This does not mean that the worker should not be paid for his work which he already did.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I think the problem is that Chronos still hasn't updated the video where he says "distributed proof of stake".
The video is very good otherwise and I think its a great explainer.  I disagree that it is boring.  The videos should be added to the bitshares website.  That would drive more traffic.  Just because there are few views now doesn't mean it is a bad video.  It just hasn't been promoted and utilized.
Once again: I appreciate hard work (i know it is).
From my outsider perspective it looks like a job for a buddy. I'm just saying what i think and how i feel about this. I'm sure many potential investors lurking this forum and some of them seeing this same as me. I think you're giving blockchain's money to easy. Things like this could be founded via steemit.
It is boring... like a lesson... bla bla bla bla bla - most people hate to learn  - they will not watch this.

I wouldn't attempt to fund anything via steemit until later this year and especially after we see how the July 4th thing goes.

Also, something just doesn't seem right that people are getting paid thousands of dollars to post on a forum and get upvotes.  I've been looking through many of the articles, and none of them are worth what they are being posted as.  Maybe i'm wrong, but I would rather wait to see if steemit is actually legit.  I know it says you are getting paid in dollars, but in actuality it is steem dollars.  The liquidity and ability to convert those to real dollars remains to be seen.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
I think the problem is that Chronos still hasn't updated the video where he says "distributed proof of stake".
The video is very good otherwise and I think its a great explainer.  I disagree that it is boring.  The videos should be added to the bitshares website.  That would drive more traffic.  Just because there are few views now doesn't mean it is a bad video.  It just hasn't been promoted and utilized.
Once again: I appreciate hard work (i know it is).
From my outsider perspective it looks like a job for a buddy. I'm just saying what i think and how i feel about this. I'm sure many potential investors lurking this forum and some of them seeing this same as me. I think you're giving blockchain's money to easy. Things like this could be founded via steemit.
It is boring... like a lesson... bla bla bla bla bla - most people hate to learn  - they will not watch this.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I respect chronos, but my opinion is....

the system is fair for me, but you have to delivery a very good thing, if you are going for a worker you must be up to it, it must be pretty good, pretty clear n pretty needed.

I dont wnat to make a fight here but I must be honest, his video, audience n promotion wasnt worth it, at least I hope he got back what he pay for create worker, if not we could tweak it so he can get back it but the job wont take us anywhere, a lot of this videos on youtube. Chronos is a helpful member here I hope he dont be mad with me  :-[
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline Pheonike

I think instead of worker voting being constantly dynamic, there should be time frames build into the vote. A proposal is is made with fixed terms for example, A 90 day proposal could have two re-vote cycles, one at 30 days and one at 60 days. At each of these intervals there is a 3 day window in which in votes can be changed. This lets worker have the confidence of knowing his pay is good over a certain time frame. The escrow functions describe earlier can still be applied.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Apreciate hard work, but i don't like it - it's boring and you have not many views. My proxy (xeroc) voted at you, so whatever, but i'm angry because this worker. I'm voting up everything bitshares related at steemit (even if i don't like it)
Pay devs with skills

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Apreciate hard work, but i don't like it - it's boring and you have not many views. My proxy (xeroc) voted at you, so whatever, but i'm angry because this worker. I'm voting up everything bitshares related at steemit (even if i don't like it)
Pay devs with skills

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Well, that's a bit of a setback, eh? A large voter has stopped supporting the worker with his 21 proxy followers, and now the worker is sharply under the threshold to receive worker pay.

Anyone have any ideas to get this jump-started again? I'll be able to put out one more video at the most with what remains of the pay. Let's not let this be the end.

One trick would be to vote down the refund and burn workers, until they're below the Chronos worker. This wouldn't have any other side-effects with the current worker line-up (except for the bad taste of vote manipulation).

This is why I think Workers should have term support. This kind of voter support volatility doesn't work well for you does it?

I think the way around this is to have proposals that payout to a multi-sig and have a 3rd party escrow who verifies the delivery of services that requires both yours, his, and possibly a committee members signature to release the funds.

It's important though that it is someone or a company that is reliable however. We have seen someone in the past attempt to do this only to have the other party just up and disappear. This might be solved by making the standard to be everyone be doxxable. It is unreasonable to expect anonymity when providing services in my estimation.

Under these provisions I think once voted the contract will complete and cannot be reversed with downvotes.. and any unused bts will be refunded to the pool or burned.

Thoughts?

+5% I like this idea. @Chris4210 @xeroc @abit @Bhuz
what do you guys think?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat