Author Topic: [ANN] PTS.1GH.COM - GPU, CPU mining ★ New version 1.4! Please upgrade ASAP! ★  (Read 160557 times)

Offline reorder

• View Profile

"pts-miner_d0.bat"
pts-miner.exe "my_pts_address" -d 0
pause

i started this file two times - this "-d 0" comes from my scrypt-mining-times and it works fine with your miner ;)
so i had two cmd-windows with running each at the half hashrate (660 cpm + 670 cpm)
by the way - HOW do i start multiple instances correctly?
Well, my miner does not understand '-d 0' at all, it should rather be started as 'pts-miner.exe YOUR-ADDRESS 0-0' if you want it to work only on the first card of first OpenCL 'platform' in the system. Would you please create a bat file with this string and start it once, check the hashrate, then start it again without closing the first window and see if your total hashrate has improved?

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile
1.4-gpu-miner with R9 290X: 1320 cpm
it's o.k., but only slightly better then my HD6990 per gpu

Edit: <0.1 % stale(s) - fantastic stratum-result!
@reorder please contact the developer NaN https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2598.30 to support your pool with his miner, because he has a great AMD-GPU-miner for the newer cards e.g. R9 290X with more then doubled hashrate!
the 1.9 % developer-fee is not the point when doubling the cpm...
may be you can work together with the stratum-support for the miner...
Hmm, have you tried running two instances of 1GH miner on a 290X? Seems like this is how the top performance is achieved in that miner too.
i am no expert - so i startet the bat-file (with "-d 0") two times regarding this first 290X - done the same with the two other 290X - so i had 6 x cmd-window
but there was no hashrate-improvement: 0.5 + 0.5 = 1
is this "running-two-instances" correctly done by me?
I rather meant 1GH miner (it does not have options like '-d 0'), does it perform better on 290X when multiple instances are started?
"pts-miner_d0.bat"
pts-miner.exe "my_pts_address" -d 0
pause

i started this file two times - this "-d 0" comes from my scrypt-mining-times and it works fine with your miner ;)
(it works with: "-d 1" + "-d 2" and "-d 3" in other bat-files)
so i had two cmd-windows with running each at the half hashrate (660 cpm + 670 cpm)
by the way - HOW do i start multiple instances correctly?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:17:01 pm by Schwede65 »

Offline reorder

• View Profile

@reorder please contact the developer NaN https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2598.30 to support your pool with his miner, because he has a great AMD-GPU-miner for the newer cards e.g. R9 290X with more then doubled hashrate!
Hmm, have you tried running two instances of 1GH miner on a 290X? Seems like this is how the top performance is achieved in that miner too.
i am no expert - so i startet the bat-file (with "-d 0") two times regarding this first 290X - done the same with the two other 290X - so i had 6 x cmd-window
I rather meant 1GH miner (it does not have options like '-d 0'), does it perform better on 290X when multiple instances are started?

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile

Offline reorder

• View Profile

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:09:10 pm by Schwede65 »

Offline earntodie

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] PTS.1GH.COM - GPU mining (Geforce GTX 570 - 960 cpm)
« Reply #359 on: January 28, 2014, 10:27:05 am »
Guys,

Pool miner is now updated to version 1.4, please download it from the pts.1gh.com page.
  • It now uses stratum mining protocol, stale shares are almost zero
  • It is now possible to override workgroup size detection, please try setting it to 64-128-256 if you had 'Invalid group size' error
  • Hashrate is slightly improved

The pool now supports XPT protocol, for CPU mining you can now use yam! Connection string for yam is:
Code: [Select]
xpt2h://YOUR-PTS-ADDRESS:x@pts.1gh.com:18120:18121:18122:18123/pts
Could you please add info about version in your gpu miner?!
Thank you for suggestion, will do that tomorrow.
Thanks!
Pool need more power!  8)
1GH CLUB!! PTS mining club - PTS.1GH.COM, MEMORY coin mining club - MMC.1GH.COM, MAX coin mining club - MAX.1GH.COM

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:00:40 am by Schwede65 »

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile
this new miner 1.4 rocks again :)
my HD6990-hashrate increases from 2380 cpm to 2560 cpm
very good work!

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Is it possible to use Stratum with yam or is that just built into pts-miner.exe? I tried the listed Stratum ports on the main pool page, but it did not connect. Are we supposed to use the Stratum Proxy? (the one from slush) Thanks. Just trying to cut down on the bandwidth for both of us. ;)
No, yam uses a different protocol, you cannot use it on stratum ports. There is actually no reason to: its own protocol is tight on bandwidth too. You do not need stratum proxy and it would not work anyway as the protocol is modified for PTS, only pts-miner can work with it on the moment.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Is it possible to use Stratum with yam or is that just built into pts-miner.exe? I tried the listed Stratum ports on the main pool page, but it did not connect. Are we supposed to use the Stratum Proxy? (the one from slush) Thanks. Just trying to cut down on the bandwidth for both of us. ;)

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
So...For some reason 0-0 works on my Asus GTX780. Is this correct??

It looks right to me. I am getting around that CPM on my GTX 780 Ti. 8) (like maybe 30-40 more)
I think mine uses 1-0 because I had a HD6970 on that rig before, and when I put the new card in I bet it messed with the registry. When I have time I still want to test it under Linux and see what CPM I can get.

Offline wsnnwa

• View Profile
So...For some reason 0-0 works on my Asus GTX780. Is this correct??

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2014, 11:57:31 pm »
Hey man, I'm getting this following error, even after following all the proper steps, my gpu is a 780 ti, any idea what may be happening:

http://content.screencast.com/users/AliMan89/folders/Jing/media/88de0fc6-c1d8-4381-bbe1-3bac758c3604/2014-01-19_1327.png
I'm getting this exact same error with the same card. Has anyone had luck with this card? Win 8.1 x64 w/332.21 GeForce drivers. Thanks.
I still can't seem to get it to detect my GTX 780ti to be seen by new 1.4 pts-miner under Win 8. It just does not show unless I put 1-0 on the command line but it is the only GPU in the system. Still gives the same error as above. I guess I'll move it over to a Ubuntu rig and see if I have better luck. Unless anyone has any clues. Thanks.
Would you please try '1-0,256', '1-0,128', '1-0,64' ?
Yes! It works with '1-0,256'
Thank you very much!

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 27, 2014, 11:34:10 pm »

barely any CPU usage at all (under 6% in task manager while I use various programs on the desktop)... I do from mining other things have two environment variables set... GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100 and GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1... I had been attempting to get SeLockMemoryPrivilege for cpu mining with large pages, but windows 8.1 is just an absolute bear with allowing this to get set, the MMC won't run locally by design anymore so I have not been able to set a correct value to get this working, which is why I am discounting my CPU mining experience as normal...

I do notice the GPU miner skips over my intel CPU as a GPU, despite the fact its still enabled for graphics, in fact its what I am using as my main desktop GPU so the two cards have zero load from anything else, it's just nice to not have any flicker or skips while using the computer... I tried to set the memory on the motherboard to 1024 thinking it skips past the built-in video as being too small, but even GPU-Z still does not recognize an increase in the memory, I was going to dig around for some set minimum command in windows to see if windows will force it to have a minimum memory.
Intel HD is intentionally skipped because of its inferior performance. You are better off running yam on CPU even without hugepages, its worst performance mode is still better than Intel's OpenCL.