Author Topic: btsbots wallet release v0.0.1  (Read 93619 times)

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
so I will open source all code step by step.

Awesome!! +5%

second I'll give the backend code.
several parts, most written in Python, about how to update all data to the mongodb database, include: orders, balance, price feed....
I'd really love to hear your feedback on pybitshares.com - a python library for bitshares that is hopefully easy to use.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I've got many help from community members recently.
for example: the icon/splash, Russian Language, a  learning video.
thank you all.

I feel it's better to give BTSBots to the community.
but I don't want give all these to others who forked BTS.
so I will open source all code step by step.

first I'll give the web source code.
with these code everybody can build the android/IOS APP, and can make sure the private key is safety save in local.and can write his own  trade bots in Javascript.
the code is based on meteor+blaze, I am trying to rewrite all code in meteor+react before make it open source.
If somebody is interesting in these, is good in react, and can help to clean these code, can contract me, get all the code now.

second I'll give the backend code.
several parts, most written in Python, about how to update all data to the mongodb database, include: orders, balance, price feed....

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wow!!! An android trading bot! I am very impressed!!

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
https://pusher.btsbots.com/btsbots-wallet.apk

Could somebody explain what this is? I just saw it in the trollbox while browsing btsbots to try to learn about it

Does btsbots run as a webapp? Or do you download a wallet?
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline 沂蒙小调

• View Profile
  • BitShares: sd0539

Offline alt

• View Profile
thanks to @blockchained!
btsbots got the Russian language support.

Offline alt

• View Profile
1. enable the bot of market USD/OPEN.MAID https://btsbots.com/m/USD_OPEN.MAID, with a test spread 100.
2. go to the bot config pagehttps://btsbots.com/settings, define your custom price for OPEN.MAID with 1 POLONIEX:BTC_MAID,
3. go to the market page, you'll see the ref price of USD/OPEN.MAID is sync with poloniex. adjust the spread/balance to active your mm bot.

Could someone give me some very clear instructions how to set up a bot for the USD:MAID market? All the price feeds seem to return CNY, which makes it complicated to set up a USD market.

Offline MarkoPaasila

Could someone give me some very clear instructions how to set up a bot for the USD:MAID market? All the price feeds seem to return CNY, which makes it complicated to set up a USD market.

Offline alt

• View Profile
add some price from poloniex, include :
POLONIEX:USDT_BTC
POLONIEX:USDT_ETH
POLONIEX:USDT_DASH
POLONIEX:BTC_STEEM
POLONIEX:BTC_MAID

the app will update several hours later, you can try in the browser now.

I have add USDT:BTC price from poloniex, update every 1 minute
you can use this price from bot->config->custom price
for example you can set the price of OPEN.BTC to 1.0 POLONIEX:USDT_BTC
when you run the bots, you can open the develop console,
run get_price("OPEN.BTC")/get_price('USD') to check if it's correct.

I need a bot that can use Poloniex as current price source. How i can do that?

I would like that too. particularly for USDT:BTC

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Hey guys,

I'm curious about BTSBOTS. I know bitshares need liquidity to bootstrap some markets. Now, since I'm a marketer and far from being a highly technical guy, I'm curious to know more about it.

1. Can I run a bot profitably?
2. How risky is it?
3. What are the incentives to run a bot myself?
4. How much should I invest in order to make it work?

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
there are 88 register accounts in btsbots.com now
and about 10-20 active market bots active
wish you have fun.

in fact the bots service not only for market maker
everyone who want to sell or buy something can use the bot to get a better offer.
if you dump tons of BTS you will lose much, but if you sell with the bot service, you can sell slowly, even get profit.
if you want buy tons of BTS, you should use the bot too.

welcome everyone, enjoy the trade fun.

Thanks Alt,  btsbots is really cool and more people should be using it. I want to make a video tutorial to show others how to use it.
But theres a few bits I'm still unsure of.

- what is the 388614.04 YUAN display above the market pairs?
- can you get the gui to show the price reference ?
- can i enter any asset pair in the browser address bar?
- are my private keys never revealed and always kept in my browser?
+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline yvv

• View Profile
My strategy has been to choose assets I believe in, and provide markets between them. If someone eats up all my orders in the USD:MAID market either way, I will end up holding something I would hold anyway - while helping make the DEX awesome.

This is a good strategy imo. Same here, I don't trade assets which I would not hold, although  some crappy tokens can be very profitable short term. Fast profit possibility always comes with great risk.

Offline MarkoPaasila

Hi Marko,

I saw your answer to how to lock bts the other day, explaining how bitCrab had converted them to bitUSD. It was very synthetic and you seem very knowledgeable. Could you perhaps do something similar in this thread for Market Making? I can't get my head around how to make money on the spread in certain market conditions - like if the market is moving up or moving down. If it is range-bound I understand. It seems like you would either not be able to buy below the current price because the market would move away from you if it was going up, or your orders would be filled if it was moving down but you could never sell back above your buy price. Especially in an automated scenario this seems dangerous.

If you have any insight you are willing to share I'm sure many people would like to help using btsBots to provide liquidity to certain markets.

If you can't answer that's also ok.  :)

Cheers.

Sorry, I don't know much, and I'm trying to understand everything myself. I think the risk you described is mostly if you provide liquidity manually. Also, the more trading there is in a market, the less risky is providing liquidity, because you constantly earn the spread. My strategy has been to choose assets I believe in, and provide markets between them. If someone eats up all my orders in the USD:MAID market either way, I will end up holding something I would hold anyway - while helping make the DEX awesome.

Providing liquidity is a possibility in an immature market like our DEX. Once markets become very active, the spread gets really small. Then we have other possibilities. So I'm glad for this possibility, and will try to make the most of it. I'm glad you're interested too.