Author Topic: Noir Investment Group : NoirShares  (Read 80546 times)

Offline Check

• View Profile
EDIT: Nevermind, seems like it was finally credited. It is a weird output though.
---

Still getting this (assumingly, after I get a block), but no balance

hash 002f10530bfad61d706ba508c02bf107fc3b2c5750c2f337b57218d60e672095 < 00cdb30000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

getmininginfo output:
{
    "blocks" : 838,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00000007,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespermin" : 0.00000000,
    "networkhashps" : 4,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:07:13 am by Check »

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Where is  the windows client??

working on it, i have slow access so downloads take forever.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline crazybit

What official client, you are the one who went and rummaged through the test repository before i announced launch, when i was ready, i posted the actual git and have provided seed nodes for people to connect to. I am sorry you are confused, but you should have waited for me to post the links first, trying to abuse the public status of the build/test git has a lot of people complaining, it is not my fault that they tried to jump the gun and failed.

AT last check we are at Block 730 and solo mining with my dual core laptop is still hitting blocks. Mining solo is still quite viable for the average 4 core machine, let alone those who pushed the test chain to 7000 blocks over the last two days.

the client downloaded from your official website(http://noirbits.org) is not the official one? the proper way i think the official client in your official website should be updated right after you launch the official chain, but not leave the github source and seed node instead, it is time-consuming to setup the environment and build the client. for the POW coin,the first jump in people is profitable,i think people knows that well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:47:32 am by CrazyBit »

lzr1900

Where is  the windows client??

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Thank you, yes you are right. The first was the git used i used to test the functions and build if i was away from my workdesk. I here that some people after hearing my idea went and prematurely started mining before i was ready to post the actual git. lol

Can you please tell me how to use your binary? 7zip is just producing a file that does nothing. Thanks for your effort, i will find a way to pay you well for that.

It's just a raw binary bzip'd, 7zip might be thinking that I'm committing blasphemy for not adding a tar in there somewhere.

`bunzip2 NoirSharesd.bz2` should produce a runnable NoirSharesd

oh, this is NoirSharesd for linux?

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
addnode=172.245.183.30
addnode=162.243.131.88
addnode=54.213.71.178
addnode=192.241.213.224
addnode=54.80.61.11
addnode=198.199.96.129
addnode=54.197.175.238

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
why not upload the updated executable client to your website, i think nobody can mine on the offical  chain now except yourself.
+1

Here you are.

Keep in mind I could have loaded that up with all kinds of code to facilitate wallet stealing, making any mining go right to my address or rm -rf'ing /.  Not that I have, but you totally wouldn't know!  So with this and any other untrusted binaries run them in a well shielded VM or on a computer without important data.

Edit: I don't think it was only two of us mining.
Code: [Select]
    "hashespermin" : 3.97239188,
    "networkhashps" : 2,
If It was, I want one of those computers. :P

i am curious why the official website not update the client after the official chain launch, as the official client is connected to invalid chain now.

What official client, you are the one who went and rummaged through the test repository before i announced launch, when i was ready, i posted the actual git and have provided seed nodes for people to connect to. I am sorry you are confused, but you should have waited for me to post the links first, trying to abuse the public status of the build/test git has a lot of people complaining, it is not my fault that they tried to jump the gun and failed.

AT last check we are at Block 730 and solo mining with my dual core laptop is still hitting blocks. Mining solo is still quite viable for the average 4 core machine, let alone those who pushed the test chain to 7000 blocks over the last two days.

Offline thisisausername

Thank you, yes you are right. The first was the git used i used to test the functions and build if i was away from my workdesk. I here that some people after hearing my idea went and prematurely started mining before i was ready to post the actual git. lol

Can you please tell me how to use your binary? 7zip is just producing a file that does nothing. Thanks for your effort, i will find a way to pay you well for that.

It's just a raw binary bzip'd, 7zip might be thinking that I'm committing blasphemy for not adding a tar in there somewhere.

`bunzip2 NoirSharesd.bz2` should produce a runnable NoirSharesd
Pjo39s6hfpWexsZ6gEBC9iwH9HTAgiEXTG

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
i am curious why the official website not update the client after the official chain launch, as the official client is connected to invalid chain now.

Oh.  I don't know about that.  I didn't see any binaries on the official site.  If the code in the GitHub repo is set to mine to the wrong genesis block then so is the binary I posted earlier, take note.

Edit: On this topic and to people coming from here, I think you are getting confused by this -- the NoirShares beta (last updated two days ago) and this (last updated 12 hours ago) which looks a bit less like a beta.

The binary I provided is built off the latter repository.

I'm not affiliated with the project and don't know if my conjecture is right, but that's what I think is happening here.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
sorry,  :-[   i passed out from exhaustion. i'll respond to every post now. Thank you for your patience.

Offline thisisausername

Oh.  I don't know about that.  I didn't see any binaries on the official site.  If the code in the GitHub repo is set to mine to the wrong genesis block then so is the binary I posted earlier, take note.

Edit: On this topic and to people coming from here, I think you are getting confused by this -- the NoirShares beta (last updated two days ago) and this (last updated 12 hours ago) which looks a bit less like a beta.

The binary I provided is built off the latter repository.

I'm not affiliated with the project and don't know if my conjecture is right, but that's what I think is happening here.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:59:39 am by thisisausername »

Offline crazybit

why not upload the updated executable client to your website, i think nobody can mine on the offical  chain now except yourself.
+1

Here you are.

Keep in mind I could have loaded that up with all kinds of code to facilitate wallet stealing, making any mining go right to my address or rm -rf'ing /.  Not that I have, but you totally wouldn't know!  So with this and any other untrusted binaries run them in a well shielded VM or on a computer without important data.

Offline thisisausername

+1

Here you are.

Edit edit: 9W1M9Py3xwCiDq95XF2395uqgo8xgBqium Eh, eh?  I certainly haven't hit any blocks yet...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:28:46 am by thisisausername »

lzr1900

+1

Offline crazybit