Author Topic: Noir Investment Group : NoirShares  (Read 80573 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
iam working on osx local so i have tried to get it work on aws ec2 instance c1.xlarge

are you sure all dependencies were installed properly?

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get -y install git build-essential htop libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev git

this i have installed before..or did i miss something?

i got this now

{
    "version" : "v0.1.3.0-g99999-boc",
    "protocolversion" : 60006,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 1100,
    "moneysupply" : 337920.00000000,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "XX.XX.XXX.XXX",
    "difficulty" : 0.00000031,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1392472291,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "paytxfee" : 0.01000000,
    "errors" : ""
}
{
    "blocks" : 1100,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00000031,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : 4,
    "hashespermin" : "No information yet. Wait at least 4 minutes after starting mining for estimate.",
    "networkhashps" : 20,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false
}
{
    "" : 0.00000000
}

so i guess i got it working but still no mining ... right?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
iam working on osx local so i have tried to get it work on aws ec2 instance c1.xlarge

are you sure all dependencies were installed properly?
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
i can start now but i get this

error: couldn't connect to server

my NoirShares.conf

addnode=107.170.254.5
addnode=41.78.77.178
addnode=172.245.183.30
addnode=162.243.131.88
addnode=54.213.71.178
addnode=192.241.213.224
addnode=54.80.61.11
addnode=198.199.96.129
addnode=54.197.175.238

rpcuser=NoirSharesrpc
rpcpassword=????

this is on a VPS or your own machine that you can use GUI on?

VPS
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:31:23 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
What we ALL want is a system where new DAC developers are incubated to fulfill their potential. Invictus aims to be the first great incubator in this space. Their incubator model has been clarified somewhat in the last week, but it's still at inception, and discussions like this is great to further the development of the model.

I think honoring AGS/PTS now can be understood partly as a bet on Invictus becoming a great incubator. You'll be among the first born, and get immediate attention from all branches attempting to develop the incubator model further. This is still very early stage for everything, and the incubator has had little material to work with so far.

True, true.  You are quite right.

One of the ideas  i will be pushing is to broaden the terms to include entities like mine which dont work with the "A" part of DAC. I plan to work together not just with I3 but with other aspiring DACs or similar ideas. I hold a very strong understanding of the basic code used to distribute these units and have a small side (unpaid, unsponsored ) project that has been producing original works of code for this community, the most recent is NoirShares, a PoW/PoS momentum implementation. Using this knowledge i could help kickstart other DACs on the software side of things.

Rather than people demanding that we just Honour the Consensus, have they considered honouring back our ideas by taking an interest? Even to just poke around and try get a feel for what we are trying to achieve? Thus far the two-liner by fuznuts is the first real show of interest and possible support i have seen from the community.

I will not make demands of anyone, but if we work on our own and produce viable avenues, what is the reason that we should share it by honoring the Consensus, if the grunt work, sweat and tears is localized around those with an interest in NIG but no PTS or AGS holdings? bytemaster has an obligation to protect the investment of PTS holders who expended their resources to help build their platform and development. I also have an obligation to protect the (currently) few who have taken interest i what i am doing. They are expending their resources with faith that over time the ideas driving me and the efforts i am putting towards a profitable venture, the divorce of reliance on BTC  will create tangible value equivalent or greater than their investment.

PTS holders are welcomed with open arms, but not just to collect and go dump the free coins they get, but to take an active interest in the growth, development and expansion of the many ideas , both in development and in cold storage.

without going into details, there are a few who are already asking that i open up the long term investment plans and explain the tier system, however first i would like to deal with the network issues.

Betting on I3 is a good gesture, but any sound business stands on it's own two feet and fights the tides. lol, if i had given up when i spent ~1 full week hashing a genesis block, none of my ideas would be moving forward.....yes i said week, you cannot imagine the number of facepalms that went around when we realized we had left out a ".".

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
does anyone here get it work on ubunutu !? if, pls could help to to get client working!?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i can start now but i get this

error: couldn't connect to server

my NoirShares.conf

addnode=107.170.254.5
addnode=41.78.77.178
addnode=172.245.183.30
addnode=162.243.131.88
addnode=54.213.71.178
addnode=192.241.213.224
addnode=54.80.61.11
addnode=198.199.96.129
addnode=54.197.175.238

rpcuser=NoirSharesrpc
rpcpassword=????

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
What we ALL want is a system where new DAC developers are incubated to fulfill their potential. Invictus aims to be the first great incubator in this space. Their incubator model has been clarified somewhat in the last week, but it's still at inception, and discussions like this is great to further the development of the model.

I think honoring AGS/PTS now can be understood partly as a bet on Invictus becoming a great incubator. You'll be among the first born, and get immediate attention from all branches attempting to develop the incubator model further. This is still very early stage for everything, and the incubator has had little material to work with so far.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Windows Wallet

It's having issues mining withe multiple threads, i think due to build enviroment working on adjustments

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdR3pNZG5PeWVmazg/edit

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
NoirShares: Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:8500 on this computer. NoirShares is probably already running.
NoirShares: Failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this.

if you are trying to run multiple instances on the same machine

mkdir data

./NoirSharesd  -port=5672 -datadir=data -genproclimit=4

then i get

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error       
                                                          CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22       
                                                                                                                        NoirShares in AppInit()       

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
                             what():  CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22

try re-booting ,  i think there is a left-over instance fro one of your previous attempts.

same error meesage after reboot , will try to make a fresh install again

this is with one instance?

yup - pls add my on skype :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:36:19 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
NoirShares: Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:8500 on this computer. NoirShares is probably already running.

mkdir data

then i get

NoirShares in AppInit()       

try re-booting ,  i think there is a left-over instance fro one of your previous attempts.

same error meesage after reboot , will try to make a fresh install again

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

mkdir data

then i get

NoirShares in AppInit()       

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Oh, and btw, if you offer something like "NoirShares AGS" and we can iron out what exactly all these Crypto"Shares" are about nowadays (hopefully in a 10+ minute chat), I and others might want to donate some PTS so you can fund further development.  ;)

"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them. Stretch out with your feelings" --Ben Keyhotee to Luke

wow, that is actually the first coherent reason i have heard to honour PTS since i launched, you sir may make a fine advocate. The idea is in the works,, but i'd like to confer with open minded people on how to implement, maybe you can be part of the conversation and help us create a free open and auditable fund that will benefit the group, the community and even future DACs

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
What allocation are you doing in the genesis block?

I'll allocate only 1% , i'd like people to actually mine this, rather than depending on their PTS to just accumulate them stake. While it benefits the company to have a wider user base, i'll also need people to make real investment in the ideas and ventures. But since we all seem to be on good terms, NIG will be participating and assisting I3 in all ways possible, including funding mutually beneficial projects.

Again we see the limitations of defining in text what the invisible hand wants.  Seems like so far the invisible hand wants 1% rather than the 10% prescribed.

As far people offering 1% and preferring to 'mine' it into existence... I just shake my head.   Obviously you are attempting to mirror our business model in some manner and imbuing your coins with additional backing.   Without a 10% honoring we will not be able to back, promote, or otherwise support your coin.

People mine shares so that they sell them for profit, they expend resources and time in an effort to accumulate the assets which they they divest at a profit.  The assets gain value by miners evaluation of the cost of their mining operation and their expected returns. Mining, and expenditure of resource to gain these shares gives these resources value, this is why PTS was mined, people anticipated that they would earn profits from possession and  trade of PTS. NRS is similar in many ways. My choice to give 1% to PTS is not in anticipation of what I3 builds, but an effort to grow the user base of NRS. People are free to redeem or not to redeem. The "backing" you speak of at 1 % is actually non existent, rather it is the other way round since i am giving basically free "value" to holders of PTS. They have not expended any resources to gain these shares, they are simply a product of goodwill and good business strategy. If NRS was directly interchangeable in the same way provided for PTS then you could say that i have imbued value into the company, but i cant can I?

Without a 10% honoring we will not be able to back, promote, or otherwise support your coin.

Backing, promote and support. PTS factors heavily in some of the ideas being developed, but if the community is against us because we refuse to pay 10% homage but 1% then perhaps that support is over-priced. The NIG is not seeking to be the underling but an equal partner which is why i said i look forward to working TOGETHER, not FOR. I've already pointed out that NIG is giving value to PTS holders "free" of charge, the idea is not competition but to cooperate and create a whole new industry.

Obviously you are attempting to mirror our business model

If you look for NoirBank, you'll find that these ideas were circling my head long before most people knew about I3, i'll admit your implementation has given me many ideas, but i had been thinking in this sphere for quite a while.

In fact NO...i do not agree with the autonomous part which is why you'll find i am creating corporate structures that will govern everything. A Dispersed Liability Decentralized Corporation more like which has both online and real world infrastructure.

I have not read through all of this so let me please first say that this post may be taken down after I read further, but I will say that personally, I intend on interviewing and otherwise running a little show that will honor those devs who honor PTS/AGS holders.  At this juncture, I mine, but very little compared to my initial cloud-mining experience and mostly wish to serve this cause for altruistic reasons.  However, I also understand that if the difference between 10% and 1% honoring in the ultimate money supply is given specifically to miners then I (and all other non-mining investors) are at a significant disadvantage, which means a smaller community.

It is my sincere hope that we do not let these types of things cause more division (ethereum and other similar platforms' devs will not be so divided).  The value is NOT in the faceless units of the currency but in the people who choose to spend just an extra second or two talking about a particular crypto to friends (I want to build a show around it as the community grows).  When that base of people trying to tell people about crypto is primarily consisting of day-traders and big-boy miners...I think it starts to make me wonder why I would want to help the only them instead of an entire community. 

It feels too technocratic...and I've had enough of that in Wall Street.  PTS, if the social consensus is held, can become a cryptocurrency that allows "plebians" in the new technocracy an ability to essentially "mine" their own coins in the company they believe in AND bootstrap that company before it even comes out...

When the Devs who come on board and the Devs with Invictus can come to terms with the consensus that initially brought the entire community along, I think we will have something to talk about.  Personally, though I appreciate everything Barwizi has done for this group, I would not be willing to accept this as falling in line with the Social Consensus I bought into when I started mining/buying PTS and not only does that add more uncertainty to the value of PTS in my eyes (already), but also in NoirShares.  With that said, "value" in this definition is not represented by a main-stream monetary unit NoirShares and BitShares PTS can be converted to, but by human capital and the HUGE spectrum of skillsets and passions that come along with them.  I am passionate, and I know the value of that ;)

Barwizi...it is apparent to me, you are a miner.  I hope you will see the forest for the trees and understand I and other active members of the community will definitely bring value over time.  It will simply require a little leap of faith, a deep breath and the time it takes to rise high enough into the atmosphere to see the entire forest :)

Just my two cents. 

P.S.  Should you change your mind I'd love to chat with you sometime about your ideas and those of any other talent helping you (they deserve recognition and reputation for doing so).  And post it to a youtube channel.  In the vein of recognition and reputation, I would love to chat with you about some of the other projects you have finished that have made the experience of PTS holders much easier regardless your decision.

The great thing about having the Decentralized corporate structures i am building is that their governed not only by markets but by collective ideas. You see, minting more coinage is a very simple thing, and as i said the group functions on almost similar ideas but with some angles and differences in operation and management. If PTS honoring proves to be worth it's weight in NRS, then i will very  easily houno it in any block i choose (such are the marvels of the code i modifications i made last night)

The value which you speak of in popularity is all fair and fine, but to that i can ask a question, the USD is very popular, but you must expend either energy or resources to gain it, so it is with any measure of value on this planet. To get gold, you gotta get dirty mining and panning for it. The $100 investment you may make on a VPS to mine the coins has an expectation of value return  either when you trade for USD, or when you invest these coins on either termed investment ideas for their dividends. PTs as i said is mainly honored not for "value", but for user base.

I had trouble figuring  out how to honour PTS and by the time i did it was too late. I have the following things on my mind

1) how can you expect people to honour it if there are no clear instructions how?
2) Why not let DACs choose what % value they think PTS/NRS adds to their ideas? I am actually thinking of re--wording my license to reflect my views.
3) Exactly what do DACs stand to gain by being in the PTS shadow? Do you understand the consequences of having notable spendable % of coin in the very beginning? Ask the MMC guys, the economic model of making so much coin available for free in the beginning is flawed. Expenditure of resources to give tangible value and secure networks is the whole point of mining, i think a lot of people underestimate the plethora of ideas that created PoW crypto-currencies. If you understand Macro Economics, Finance, deterministic mathematical models and just human nature, try looking into the code base and see the wonders of thought that were expressed in there. It's a work of art and i at times spend hours reading and trying to understand parts of it to get a true sense of what is being achieved.

Thank you

Offline fuzzy

Oh, and btw, if you offer something like "NoirShares AGS" and we can iron out what exactly all these Crypto"Shares" are about nowadays (hopefully in a 10+ minute chat), I and others might want to donate some PTS so you can fund further development.  ;)

"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them. Stretch out with your feelings" --Ben Keyhotee to Luke
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D