Author Topic: Noir Investment Group : NoirShares  (Read 80979 times)

Offline bytemaster

While I like your license terms, it seems very odd that you would require those who use your code to honor PTS more than you did.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline thisisausername

All modified redistributions will allocate 7% of their total lifetime value supply units to Noirshares at genesis
of said redistribution, also further allocate 3% of their total lifetime value supply units to Protoshares.

that is a quote from the license, it's been there all along.

What license?

The one in the source code, I'd think.

On the topic of mining, I find that whether I hit a block in the first day really colours my appreciation of a coin/commodity/token. ;)
Pjo39s6hfpWexsZ6gEBC9iwH9HTAgiEXTG

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
All modified redistributions will allocate 7% of their total lifetime value supply units to Noirshares at genesis
of said redistribution, also further allocate 3% of their total lifetime value supply units to Protoshares.

What license?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
https://github.com/Nameshar/NoirShares

addnode=107.170.254.5
addnode= 41.78.77.178
addnode=192.241.213.244

to compile :-

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get -y install git build-essential htop libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev git
git clone https://github.com/Nameshar/NoirShares.git
cd NoirShares
cd src/
mkdir obj
make -f makefile.unix
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:14:56 am by barwizi »
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Barwizi,
   We appreciate the 1% and I have nothing against you only honoring at 1%, but I do have my obligations to AGS and PTS holders to not include your coin in any official manner such as our website, etc.   If we were to confer any special privileges on a coin that didn't honor 10% then it would devalue AGS and PTS while encouraging others to do the same.  MemoryCoin was an example to how PTS honoring was possible.

I appreciate your goals and certainly will not shun you.  You have been an excellent asset to this community and I hope we can continue to work together.  As your code is mostly based upon non-invictus code you are free do do whatever you think will make your shares most successful.

Dan

And yes, we will work together, many opportunities will arise soon .

Offline bytemaster

Barwizi,
   We appreciate the 1% and I have nothing against you only honoring at 1%, but I do have my obligations to AGS and PTS holders to not include your coin in any official manner such as our website, etc.   If we were to confer any special privileges on a coin that didn't honor 10% then it would devalue AGS and PTS while encouraging others to do the same.  MemoryCoin was an example to how PTS honoring was possible.

I appreciate your goals and certainly will not shun you.  You have been an excellent asset to this community and I hope we can continue to work together.  As your code is mostly based upon non-invictus code you are free do do whatever you think will make your shares most successful.

Dan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
What exactly are miners delivering to warrant at 95% cut?

if miners had not taken interest in your ideas and ventures... would you be where you are now?

MINERS are what give every PoW implementation out there value. IF people stopped mining BTC...... which is why every PoW must hit every milestone with precision. PTS is now suffering the effects that struck LTC....it is still pegged to BTC.

One of the aims of the NIG is the remove reliance on BTC, but rather to value PTS/NRS/MMC and any future similar ventures  firstly on fiat directly then gradually self-valuation. This creates a situation where-by the everyday user can buy shares with relative ease. Think of a credit dispenser with the option to buy PTS being available in at least one of twenty cities in the world. While not ideal, it would greatly raise awareness of the company and with it interest. Interest means that if people can buy it easily, funding will start trickling in , which can be used to expand and exedite current projects making them viable in a shorter period of time. As awareness grows, so does flexibilty. At some point they may become more valuable than the fiat and at that time they become self valuing.

My short term goals are 1) increase user base 2) Formalize structures 3) start the exchange

It is up to the Bitshares group whether they choose to work with us or shun us because we have decided that giving them 10% with no solid return on it is asking too much. if yu are not happy with the 1% and feel insulted by it, we can withdraw it.

Part of my reason for even honouring 1% was the great respect i have for your work and ideas bytemaster, however on this issue i think you may want to consider our position.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
What allocation are you doing in the genesis block?

I'll allocate only 1% , i'd like people to actually mine this, rather than depending on their PTS to just accumulate them stake. While it benefits the company to have a wider user base, i'll also need people to make real investment in the ideas and ventures. But since we all seem to be on good terms, NIG will be participating and assisting I3 in all ways possible, including funding mutually beneficial projects.

Again we see the limitations of defining in text what the invisible hand wants.  Seems like so far the invisible hand wants 1% rather than the 10% prescribed.

As far people offering 1% and preferring to 'mine' it into existence... I just shake my head.   Obviously you are attempting to mirror our business model in some manner and imbuing your coins with additional backing.   Without a 10% honoring we will not be able to back, promote, or otherwise support your coin.

People mine shares so that they sell them for profit, they expend resources and time in an effort to accumulate the assets which they they divest at a profit.  The assets gain value by miners evaluation of the cost of their mining operation and their expected returns. Mining, and expenditure of resource to gain these shares gives these resources value, this is why PTS was mined, people anticipated that they would earn profits from possession and  trade of PTS. NRS is similar in many ways. My choice to give 1% to PTS is not in anticipation of what I3 builds, but an effort to grow the user base of NRS. People are free to redeem or not to redeem. The "backing" you speak of at 1 % is actually non existent, rather it is the other way round since i am giving basically free "value" to holders of PTS. They have not expended any resources to gain these shares, they are simply a product of goodwill and good business strategy. If NRS was directly interchangeable in the same way provided for PTS then you could say that i have imbued value into the company, but i cant can I?

Without a 10% honoring we will not be able to back, promote, or otherwise support your coin.

Backing, promote and support. PTS factors heavily in some of the ideas being developed, but if the community is against us because we refuse to pay 10% homage but 1% then perhaps that support is over-priced. The NIG is not seeking to be the underling but an equal partner which is why i said i look forward to working TOGETHER, not FOR. I've already pointed out that NIG is giving value to PTS holders "free" of charge, the idea is not competition but to cooperate and create a whole new industry.

Obviously you are attempting to mirror our business model

If you look for NoirBank, you'll find that these ideas were circling my head long before most people knew about I3, i'll admit your implementation has given me many ideas, but i had been thinking in this sphere for quite a while.

In fact NO...i do not agree with the autonomous part which is why you'll find i am creating corporate structures that will govern everything. A Dispersed Liability Decentralized Corporation more like which has both online and real world infrastructure.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Distributing the initial currency, securing the network, devoting attention to the project.   Quite similar to PTS actually, which seemed to work pretty well for you.

So why is that a bad choice for Barwizi to make?  What is he missing out on by not following your guidance because he doesn't much seem to care.

Offline bytemaster

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

I'll allocate only 1% , i'd like people to actually mine this, rather than depending on their PTS to just accumulate them stake. While it benefits the company to have a wider user base, i'll also need people to make real investment in the ideas and ventures. But since we all seem to be on good terms, NIG will be participating and assisting I3 in all ways possible, including funding mutually beneficial projects.

Again we see the limitations of defining in text what the invisible hand wants.  Seems like so far the invisible hand wants 1% rather than the 10% prescribed.

As far people offering 1% and preferring to 'mine' it into existence... I just shake my head.   Obviously you are attempting to mirror our business model in some manner and imbuing your coins with additional backing.   Without a 10% honoring we will not be able to back, promote, or otherwise support your coin.

Maybe Barwizi hasn't seen enough value to warrant 10% - What exactly is invictus delivering for that 10 in an investment DAC?

Offline bytemaster

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
That is a total of 5% that will be in the hands of the company and developers.

So 1% for dev, 1% for PTS holders and 4% for "company"? what is this company?
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org