Author Topic: Website name. Brainstorming  (Read 49499 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
cob has your team decided the name ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Loopia   (loops are common in music, paying dividends for shares  in a loop  :), loops together creates a chain  ;) )
and the 2  oo will have the success of google  :P

so loop it guys and get paid !!!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:38:32 pm by liondani »

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
I really like Ear2Ear, very clever, but I'm not sure it's the best name for the actual service. perhaps it would be better suited as a nerdy/cute marketing term? eg: Songster uses the latest and greatest Ear2Ear technology to help you connect with and support the artists you love!

Some random name ideas:

Roar
Chirp
Chirper
Choir
ChoirCast

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Jammer
Washtub
Yodel
Tooba
Mandolin
Dobro
Calliope
Wobble
Racket
Harmonica

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
orpheus or

siren maybee ?

Sirenum

Sirenuse

"In Greek mythology, the Sirens (Greek singular: Σειρήν Seirēn; Greek plural: Σειρῆνες Seirēnes) were dangerous yet beautiful creatures, portrayed as femme fatales who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island. Roman poets placed them on some small islands called Sirenum scopuli. In some later, rationalised traditions, the literal geography of the "flowery" island of Anthemoessa, or Anthemusa,[1] is fixed: sometimes on Cape Pelorum and at others in the islands known as the Sirenuse, near Paestum, or in Capreae.[2] All such locations were surrounded by cliffs and rocks. In Argonautica (4.891–919), Jason had been warned by Chiron that Orpheus would be necessary in his journey. When Orpheus heard their voices, he drew out his lyre and played his music more beautifully than they, drowning out their voices. One of the crew, however, the sharp-eared hero Butes, heard the song and leapt into the sea, but he was caught up and carried safely away by the goddess Aphrodite.
Odysseus and the Sirens by Herbert James Draper, ca. 1909
Odysseus was curious as to what the Sirens sang to him, and so, on the advice of Circe, he had all of his sailors plug their ears with beeswax and tie him to the mast. He ordered his men to leave him tied tightly to the mast, no matter how much he would beg. When he heard their beautiful song, he ordered the sailors to untie him but they bound him tighter. When they had passed out of earshot, Odysseus demonstrated with his frowns to be released."

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_(mythology)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:01:37 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:40:01 pm by liondani »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Melydia sounds like a disease.

I agree on this one. Also, having straightforward easy to spell names to be important.  If I heard melydia I'd ask "and how do you spell that?".   I just sat back and thought of all the other big name internet sites, and I don't feel this would be the case for any of them.  Weird historical stuff doesn't really do much except when people write about the service they can say "The name .....  means .... in greek'.  Outside of that I don't see any value in using obscure foreign words.  If the root word is similarly suggestive across languages it would be a positive trait.

Also it sounds like a disease... To me it isn't suggestive of melody or melodic. 

I like Joeyd's idea of an acronym sounding name, where what it stands for could possibly vary across languages.

At some point we need to get the top 5-10 options together and put them in a poll ?  Not sure the userbase is large enough to give a really good result though.  It'd be such a small poll anyone with sock puppets could dominate it.

I'm still a a fan of Canary.  Simple and suggestive.  Lends itself to all manner of cute logos.  When you create new words, the person has to remember the new word before they can associate the new word as the name of the service.  If you choose a name/word that people are familar with, they skip the first step.  This is why I believe I have a harder time remembering foreign names.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

It should be like a disease...
Wow! Even better then! Think About It!
Disease that everybody will dream to have... it could get viral.

Lets get all seek with ... melydia !

PS It is the only choice guys I will  buy more PTS NOW before the Melydia Snapshot...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:37:27 pm by liondani »

Offline JoeyD

How about a name that describes what it is?

Something like DMX for Distributed Music eXchange or TYS for Trade Your Songs.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
"lydia" *

music lydia

lydia sound

lydiabass

lydia

melolydia or melydia (sounds great)  (melody & lydia*)

lydia beat

lydia tunes

lydiashell

lydia song

"alydia" (for unique name)

* "According to Herodotus, the Lydians were the first people to use gold and silver coins and the first to establish retail shops in permanent locations.[12] It is not known, however, whether Herodotus meant that the Lydians were the first to use coins of pure gold and pure silver or the first precious metal coins in general. Despite this ambiguity, this statement of Herodotus is one of the pieces of evidence often cited in behalf of the argument that Lydians invented coinage, at least in the West, even though the first coins were neither gold nor silver but an alloy of the two"

source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:36:24 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
How about simply "Melo", the first part of the Greek and Latin words for song?

Σιγά μη το πούμε και "μελομακάρονο" ...    ( ;) @Zeus)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:39:40 am by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
Medolink

TuneUp

radiowave

newwaveradio

innocrate (innovate+music crate)

musicblock

invation (invading the music space with innovation)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:31:38 am by cryptkeeper »