Author Topic: Website name. Brainstorming  (Read 49504 times)

Offline JoeyD

How about some names that can use alliteration effectively helping possible marketing of the name as well.

I suggest CoNote, possible with emphasis on the "te" part. No only does it sound similar to the KeyHotee, but it suggest collaboration, cooperation as well. Hmm, maybe CoCoNote would work as well then.

I'm guessing the traditional self referencing acronym is out of the question?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
AOEDE: Variant spelling of Greek Aoide, meaning "to sing."

AOIDE (Αοιδή): Greek name meaning "to sing." In mythology, this is the name of the one of the three original Muses before their number was increased to nine. It is also the name of a moon of Jupiter

TERPSIKHORE (Τερψιχόρη): Greek myth name of a muse of dance, meaning "enjoying the dance."

PHILOMELA (Φιλομήλα): Greek name composed of the elements philos "dear, sweet" and melos "song," usually rendered "sweet singer; nightingale." In mythology, this is the name of a princess who was raped and had her tongue cut out.

The above is too difficult even for Greeks

CALLIDORA: Greek name composed of the elements kallos "beauty" and doron "gift," hence "gift of beauty."

EUMELIA (Ευμελια): Ancient Greek name derived from the word eumeleia, meaning "melody."

LIGEIA (Λίγεια): Greek name derived from the word ligeios, meaning "clear-toned" or "shrill whistling voice." In mythology, this is the name of one of the Sirens.

The above is  +5%

PARTHENOPÊ (Παρθενορή): Greek name composed of the elements parthenos "virgin" and ops "voice," hence "virgin voice." In mythology, this is the name of one of the Sirens

The above might be misleading... It has also the meaning of "Virgin girl" in modern Greek...

HARMONIA (Αρμονία): Greek name meaning "concord, harmony." In mythology, this is the name of the daughter of Ares and Aphrodite. Her Latin name is Concordia.

HARMONIA is  +5% +5% +5% +5%

I think it is a very good name. Either that either something that has to do with Apollonas the Greek God for music..

Offline SuanBing

• View Profile
    • Bitshares News
pin+song

PinSong.com
BitsharesNews.com
我的微博
pts: PkyZq51PFLHonjzKdUDunzA52TDMR2tRrn

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
AOEDE: Variant spelling of Greek Aoide, meaning "to sing."

AOIDE (Αοιδή): Greek name meaning "to sing." In mythology, this is the name of the one of the three original Muses before their number was increased to nine. It is also the name of a moon of Jupiter.

CALLIDORA: Greek name composed of the elements kallos "beauty" and doron "gift," hence "gift of beauty."

EUMELIA (Ευμελια): Ancient Greek name derived from the word eumeleia, meaning "melody."

HARMONIA (Αρμονία): Greek name meaning "concord, harmony." In mythology, this is the name of the daughter of Ares and Aphrodite. Her Latin name is Concordia.

LIGEIA (Λίγεια): Greek name derived from the word ligeios, meaning "clear-toned" or "shrill whistling voice." In mythology, this is the name of one of the Sirens.

PARTHENOPÊ (Παρθενορή): Greek name composed of the elements parthenos "virgin" and ops "voice," hence "virgin voice." In mythology, this is the name of one of the Sirens

PHILOMELA (Φιλομήλα): Greek name composed of the elements philos "dear, sweet" and melos "song," usually rendered "sweet singer; nightingale." In mythology, this is the name of a princess who was raped and had her tongue cut out.

POLYMNIA (Πολύμνια): Greek name composed of the elements polys "much" and hymnos "hymn, song," hence "very musical" or "many hymns." In mythology, this is the name of the muse of dance and sacred hymns.

TERPSIKHORE
(Τερψιχόρη): Greek myth name of a muse of dance, meaning "enjoying the dance."

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:18:09 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Efterpi "Ευτέρπη" Protector of lyric poetri

Polimnia "Πολύμνια" the muse of religion poetry

Mousiki (music)

Armonia (Armony)

Chorografia or Chorographia "Χορογραφία" is chorography

Choros ("χορός") dancing

Lyra or Lira "Λύρα" is an ancient Greek music instrument used today as well

Peanas or maybe Paianas "Παιάνας" hiσ lyrics were correlated with the music of salvation when something good happened or something bad was avoided

All in all I think that Apollonas or Apollon is the strongest name relating to ancient Greek music. You get a fancy ancient God picture of Apollon holding his lyra on one hand and valuable music shares on the other hand and you are in business..

or,
Apollonian shares
Apollonian music
Apollon shares

+5%

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
how can i copy paste some pictures or attach a word document with pictures?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Maybe worth considering ancient Greek names too, in the same vein as Pandora, Sirius, etc.

Ancient Greek name is my speciality...

Apollonas (Απόλλωνας") or Apollon ("Απόλλων"); God of music

Odi: "Ωδή" means music in ancient Greek (i wouldn't recommend that. It is confusing and has other meanings too)

9 Mousses or muses (not sure how is the correct spelling in English) "Μουσες" daughters of Apollon:

1. Kalliopi "Καλλιόπη": Protector of poetry
2. Kleio "Κλειώ" Protector of history
3. Efterpi "Ευτέρπη" Protector of lyric poetri
4. Thalia "Θάλεια" Protector of commedy
5. Melpomeni "Μελπομένη" the muse of tragedy
6. Terpsichori "Τερψιχόρη" protector of orchestra
7. Erato "Ερατώ" protector of love poetry
8. Polimnia "Πολύμνια" the muse of religion poetry
9. Ourania "Ουρανία" protector of astronomy

Other Greek words related to music that come into my mind:

Mousiki (music)
Armonia (Armony)
Chorografia or Chorographia "Χορογραφία" is chorography
Choros ("χορός") dancing
Lyra or Lira "Λύρα" is an ancient Greek music instrument used today as well

Other ancient names related to music:

Peanas or maybe Paianas "Παιάνας" hiσ lyrics were correlated with the music of salvation when something good happened or something bad was avoided

All in all I think that Apollonas or Apollon is the strongest name relating to ancient Greek music. You get a fancy ancient God picture of Apollon holding his lyra on one hand and valuable music shares on the other hand and you are in business..

or,
Apollonian shares
Apollonian music
Apollon shares

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Maybe worth considering ancient Greek names too, in the same vein as Pandora, Sirius, etc.

+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think it needs to be bolder than Canary or Nightingale; that's something I don't feel compelled enough to try out until I've heard about from others it a few times. Then again, I thought Twitter was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard. And look where that opinion got me.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

The canary suggestion got me thinking... How about NIGHTINGALE?

From Wikipedia: a small passerine bird best known for its powerful and beautiful song.

Potential tag lines:
"...Just let it sing"

Edit: after googling - apparently this is already "a music player for Linux, Windows and Mac"

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
"Canary" has grown on me... it seems quite good for a front-end website. Probably hard to go really wrong with it.

How about "Songster"? It's an actual word in the dictionary.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
sneakshares

sneakit
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:09:12 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

+5% for Kanti. It also evokes musical words in European languages: cantar in Spanish, cantare in Italian.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Oddly my favorite suggestion so far is "Canary".  Sing like a Canary..  ok..  not exactly fitting but.. .. 

Canarys were carried into mines because they'd die before the miners, thereby allowing miners to escape.  So there is an analogy that fits for crypto nerds...

I also like canary, and +5% for that mine analogy. I love it :)

or a synonym ...  "sneaker"

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

+5% for Kanti. It also evokes musical words in European languages: cantar in Spanish, cantare in Italian.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Oddly my favorite suggestion so far is "Canary".  Sing like a Canary..  ok..  not exactly fitting but.. .. 

Canarys were carried into mines because they'd die before the miners, thereby allowing miners to escape.  So there is an analogy that fits for crypto nerds...

I also like canary, and +5% for that mine analogy. I love it :)
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
I thought this project had a name: Zenith Music ?  Did something change?

Yes. We aren't using that name or that coin.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.